Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why there is an ESO process still open when I leave the game?

Streega
Streega
✭✭✭✭✭
I have quit the game and closed all game applications, including the launcher, but there's an ESO process still open in my Task Manager. Furthermore, it's very "heavy" on resources - approximately 10% on both CPU and GPU. I've been waiting for it to close for good 10 min but it didn't, I had to kill the process. Can anyone explain that?
⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
Member of "Guild Masters United"
Master Angler

Best Answers

• vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In the past it happened every time my eso crashed. If it crashed 3 times I would have 3 eso processes running.

If you are downloading an update and the installer stops it is because you have eso processes running in the background. Close the installer and open up task manager then end all eso processes. After that the eso update will download like intended.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

Answer ✓
  • Kraezy
    Kraezy
    ✭✭✭
    Use the eso64.exe instead of the launcher. As the launcher can hook itself and not fully close properly, not experienced it myself though but the only time you need to use the launcher is to update the game.

DRIVE LETTER:\Elder Scrolls Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\eso64.exe
    Answer ✓
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can’t explain why it happens, but I see it all the time. It can cause low frame rates if you end up with multiple instances running, so definitely check task manager and make sure it actually closes each time.