The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Quest Progression Bug: Godrun's Dream in Stormhaven

Verranicus
Verranicus
Soul Shriven
General Godrun is supposed to be laying on a bed and you're supposed to enter his dream, but he hasn't spawned in at least 2 days and this is blocking Cadwells Gold/Silver progression for many people.

46ia61sbrdsn.png
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also experienced this earlier today, and at least 1 other player did at the same time. That other player stated that this bug started before today's maintenance, and the maintenance didn't resolve the issue.

Because this is a bottleneck in the zone storyline, it needs to be addressed as quickly as possible. And yes, I'm one of those folks working Cadwell's Gold at the moment, and am reduced to working side quests and other such things in the zone.
  • Verranicus
    Verranicus
    Soul Shriven
    Godrun is still missing. People are crowded around the bed wondering whats going on.
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Verranicus @fgoron2000

Y'all need to disclose the platform and the mega-server on which you are playing TESO while pursuing this quest. No one can investigate the problem without that information. Please read the Guidelines For Bug Report Forum for advice on how to compose a bug report that might be useful to the ZOS programmers.

If I recall correctly, General Godrun is laying on the bed at the time the player's character arrives from the ground floor below. If he is missing, then usually he will appear after a few seconds.

Regardless, first check for a prompt to speak with the monk standing next to the bed. The character must talk to the monk before the prompt to enter General Godrun's dream will be displayed.

After speaking with the monk, putting the "targeting" cursor on General Godrun should produce an Interactive Prompt, to which you can respond with its key-press to enter the dream. You might have to move the character away from the monk before General Godrun's prompt will show. Also, you could try to see whether the prompt will be displayed even though the character is missing from the bed.

As a last resort, I suppose that you should be able to abandon the quest and receive it again from the monk at Pariah Abbey.

But, yes, this is not a good situation. ...... I've been there, done that. <sigh>

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Verranicus
    Verranicus
    Soul Shriven
    @Verranicus @fgoron2000

Y'all need to disclose the platform and the mega-server on which you are playing TESO while pursuing this quest. No one can investigate the problem without that information. Please read the Guidelines For Bug Report Forum for advice on how to compose a bug report that might be useful to the ZOS programmers.

If I recall correctly, General Godrun is laying on the bed at the time the player's character arrives from the ground floor below. If he is missing, then usually he will appear after a few seconds.

Regardless, first check for a prompt to speak with the monk standing next to the bed. The character must talk to the monk before the prompt to enter General Godrun's dream will be displayed.

After speaking with the monk, putting the "targeting" cursor on General Godrun should produce an Interactive Prompt, to which you can respond with its key-press to enter the dream. You might have to move the character away from the monk before General Godrun's prompt will show. Also, you could try to see whether the prompt will be displayed even though the character is missing from the bed.

As a last resort, I suppose that you should be able to abandon the quest and receive it again from the monk at Pariah Abbey.

But, yes, this is not a good situation. ...... I've been there, done that. <sigh>

We've tried all of that, and he's not there. I took a screenshot of him not being there. PC-NA.
  • Brettelectric
    Brettelectric
    Soul Shriven
    I have run into the same problem. General Godrun is not on the bed, so I can't touch him to enter his dream.

I'm on PC NA.

The quest icon is shown above where he should be, but he is not there, and there is no option to interact with him.

Steps taken to resolve the issue:

1. Abondoned quest
    2. left the building
    3. took a wayshrine to another continent
    4. exited the game
    5. rebooted my PC
    6. opened game, relogged in, took a wayshrine back to Stormhaven, entered the building, accepted the quest from Abbot Durak....
    But General Godrun is still not on the bed.

This is extremely frustrating, because I am trying to complete the Daggerfall Covenent questline to buy the Daggerfall overlook house, but I am stuck at this point in the story.

Please fix it soon! Thanks! :)
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good point about the platform/server. I did include that info when I submitted an in-game bug report, and stated what I was doing and what was expected and what occurred instead. I just forgot to note it in my forum post, something I don't normally overlook.

I am on PC/NA, and in case it matters, Windows 10, and updated Nvidia graphics drivers.

As far as the quest is concerned, you're correct that Godrun is supposed to be laying in the bed already, but after many minutes, he never appears. As far as interacting with the Abbot, that is not the issue. Abbot Durak properly gives the quest, and the quest properly starts. You can see in @Verranicus' screenshot in the upper right corner, that the quest name and step are shown to be active. However, Godrun is nowhere to be seen. If I posted a screenshot, mine would be exactly the same. I even looked around to find a Godrun hotspot to click on, hoping that he was just invisible but there was no Godrun hotspot at all.

As far as abandoning and restarting, I did that as well, with no change. The one thing that I can think of that's different for me, is that it's the first time I've come to this quest within Cadwell's Gold. I've done it multiple times on the initial zone story of a native alliance as well as multiple times during Cadwell's Silver. However, the way that @Brettelectric phrased his post, I got the impression that he is running through the native alliance of his character.

Thanks for all of your insight, but as @Verranicus also noted, we've already taken those various steps additional steps noted. Now it's in the hands of ZOS.

Hello @ZOS_GinaBruno, please help, even if it's only acknowledgement of the issue at this point, and that it's being investigated.

@Verranicus @fgoron2000

• Verranicus
    Verranicus
    Soul Shriven
    Day 3, Godrun is still missing. I check every few hours and dozens of people are being affected. Fix this.
  • ZOS_JasonBarnes
    ZOS_JasonBarnes
    ✭✭✭
    Hey everyone!

We've identified the issue and are in the process of getting a fix in one of our upcoming incremental patches.
    Jason Barnes
    Zone Lead
    Staff Post
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the meantime as the ETA is not really fixed, you could perhaps give instruction to the HELP Devs that they spawn the NPC for the people blocked on this quest part

(and no i am not yet on that part, way far from it)
    Edited by Lauranae on October 24, 2019 11:13PM
    My most recent characters
    AD - Amareni NB
    -
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, but a hotfix would've been nice instead of "one of our upcoming incremental patches"
    Hey everyone!

We've identified the issue and are in the process of getting a fix in one of our upcoming incremental patches.

Edited by fgoron2000 on October 24, 2019 11:59PM
  • Sinner07
    Sinner07
    Soul Shriven
    How long until this is fixed?
  • Brettelectric
    Brettelectric
    Soul Shriven
    Hey everyone!

That's great to hear, thank you!

I think in the meantime I can run ahead and do the next Daggerfall Alliance zone, even though I haven't finished Stormhaven :)
  • Verranicus
    Verranicus
    Soul Shriven
    Just did 100% of Alik'ir and decided to check this quest on the way to Bangkorai, still missing despite 1-2 patches having come out in the last two days. Been almost a week now.
  • GandurStorm
    Hi, its been some time now, im on PC-EU and this still isnt fixed i tried everything but godrun does not spawn and so i cannot continue with this or any other DC zone.
  • Verranicus
    Verranicus
    Soul Shriven
    Finished Bangkorai, checked for Godrun.. still not there. This is officially the last quest I need to finish Cadwells Gold and I can't do it. Been over a week now.
  • Sinner07
    Sinner07
    Soul Shriven
    Still waiting...
  • GandurStorm
    Right it has been fixed..kinda: He is now sleeping in the roof of the bed.

i jumped on the counter next to it and if you stand there and look to the right slowly you will see his name pop by, try to hold still and press E when you have his name this should take you further.

nsebacdyddg7.png
  • Verranicus
    Verranicus
    Soul Shriven
    Right it has been fixed..kinda: He is now sleeping in the roof of the bed.

i jumped on the counter next to it and if you stand there and look to the right slowly you will see his name pop by, try to hold still and press E when you have his name this should take you further.

nsebacdyddg7.png

Just checked after finishing Craglorn, he's not there for me on PC-NA.
  • Verranicus
    Verranicus
    Soul Shriven
    Correction, he's floating in the ceiling where you can't interact with him at all.
  • Twylaa
    Twylaa
    ✭✭
    n41tfmccl3p1.png

Hey all, just had this issue and found him floating in the roof of the bed as GandurStorm said. It's a bit finnicky but I found that going in first person mode and mashing E while slowly moving the mouse around the General helped.

Hope you guys are able to get the quest done, good luck! :)
  • Sinner07
    Sinner07
    Soul Shriven
    I need this completed before I move on. Trying to do the story chronologically. Almost two weeks and no fix? This is what I paid for?
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No still glitched

He isn’t there, the quest cannot proceed

Please can someone at ZOS get a fix for this, or at least an eta
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It’s still glitched to hell but here is what worked for me

Abandon quest
    Log out
    Get quest from abbot at bedside
    Stand by the trunk at the foot of the bed
    Go first person
    Aim above abbots head
    Pan very slowly left and then right
    The E for godrun is visible for a fraction of a second

Please ZOS sort this out, it feels like skyrim with these silly bugs
  • ruthven78
    ruthven78
    Soul Shriven
    I will check after the server patch is done to see if he is levitating up at the top of the canopy. I really hope he is there cause I've had to go off and do quests in other zones.
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From today's patch notes:

9rxtphlxpleh.jpg

• ruthven78
    ruthven78
    Soul Shriven
    confirmed godrun is back in his bed
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me the issue still persists. First he was floating directly under the roof of the building (not the canopy of the bed, the actual roof) and there was no way at all to interact with him. After abandoning the quest, logging out and then back in again and starting everything over he moved to the spot unter the canopy and I could somehow click him after I found the exactly right spot. So I kind of managed but to denote this as 'fixed', after taking such a long time to do anything about it at all, is... bold, to say the least.

I'm on PS4 EU by the way.
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

• Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    PS4 NA

This issue has not been resolved. There is no way to progress with quest.
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hapexamendios Have you tried what I did (as described in my post above)? I know it's not great and it requires patience, but if you can get him to float underneath the canopy, you should be able to find a 'sweet spot', where you can interact with him. It's finicky, and it's definitely not a solution in that sense, but at least you'd be able to progress with the quest line.
    Edited by CassandraGemini on November 16, 2019 12:08AM
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

• Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @CassandraGemini

Yes, I did try that, but it did not work for me.