The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why is one of the crafting stations locked behind quests?

wolfie1.0.
wolfie1.0.
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Seriously why? I hate this. Its annoying and is forcing me to do content I am not ready for.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then wait? If you really want gear in that set before you are ready to do the quest, you can ask someone to make it - at least once more players get the station unlocked.

Unless there's a pressing reason you need it immediately?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s refreshing to see something new, different, and avant-garde from ZOS.

Something that.doesn’t satisfy the instant gratification crowd ...
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Morkuldin set crafting location in Wrothgar can't be accessed through "the back door" to Morkuldin Forge until you do The Hand of Morkul quest in Morkul Descent. I don't remember if you can fight your way through Morkul Descent to get to Morkul Forge without actually doing the quest, but you could possibly argue that the Morkuldin set is "locked" behind a quest.

And the four set crafting locations in Eyevea and the Earth Forge are locked behind the respective quests that unlock those two areas.

And the two sets in Coldharbour are locked behind completing the main quest for your alliance, since that us is how you unlock access to Coldharbour.

And the set in Artaeum is locked behind the quest that unlocks access to Artaeum.

And the three sets in the Imperial City are locked behind your character's level.

So this isn't a new and unusual concept by any means.
    Edited by SeaGtGruff on October 23, 2019 1:56AM
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I can’t microwave it, I don’t eat it.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Then you need to wait or ask a friend/guild mate to craft it or join a guild that has all the crafting sets available at the guild hq.

If it's Morkuldin, it's a 9 trait set - it means you need to have 9 traits research in all the pieces you intent to craft. Are you aware of that?

"Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i like it too, but i would wish to have more infos how and when to unlock these.
    in the meantime i could place a copy in my house and im sure a lot, if not all "guild halls" have it as well.
    Edited by tim99 on October 23, 2019 3:03PM
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    yall are right. just had a bad day. shouldn't have complained. cheers.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No worries. It's okay to be so interested in the new craftable sets of a DLC that you feel miffed when you find out that one of them is only available after doing a quest. :)
    If it's Morkuldin, it's a 9 trait set - it means you need to have 9 traits research in all the pieces you intent to craft. Are you aware of that?

Good point, there's also the "locked behind a certain number of known traits" issue. It's a wonderful feeling when you finally finish researching all 9 traits on all items of all crafting lines, and can stop worrying about that requirement.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously why? I hate this. Its annoying and is forcing me to do content I am not ready for.

Rofl ok "forcing" made me laugh. Did armed thugs storm your house and make you an offer you couldn't refuse?
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Rofl ok "forcing" made me laugh. Did armed thugs storm your house and make you an offer you couldn't refuse?

Well possibly.... lol no I just had a bad day.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well possibly.... lol no I just had a bad day.

Yeah...we all have them. :) I've certainly posted things in this forum that I later regretted or wondered why I was so up in arms at the time.

We're all passionate about the game here. What's great is that you freely admitted it and decided you could chill about it. :)
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fighters guild sets, Mages guild sets, Morkuldin... it's not just one set. :)
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There have always been crafted sets locked behind quests and other content in ESO. If you don't want to do the quests, another option is to use a crafting station in a guildmate's house -- I will probably never do the required quest, and I've been crafting Ancient Dragonguard just fine at a guildmate's attuned crafting station.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Soella
    Soella
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would love to have more crafting stations locked by quest or even some achievements - soloable or even better crafting related but not research.
  • Tomwyr
    Tomwyr
    Soul Shriven
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    The Morkuldin set crafting location in Wrothgar can't be accessed through "the back door" to Morkuldin Forge until you do The Hand of Morkul quest in Morkul Descent. I don't remember if you can fight your way through Morkul Descent to get to Morkul Forge without actually doing the quest, but you could possibly argue that the Morkuldin set is "locked" behind a quest.

I ran so often past the Morkuldin set & always wondered how to acces it, thanks for clearing that up for me.

As to the new locked set in Southern Elsweyr, it's relatively fast to acces the island, 2 first steps of the story quest, which isn't so bad, and a couple dailies, which you also get unlocked by the 2 steps of the story quest.

I'm relatively new to the game, crafting is going well, but there are still so many things I need to discover about ESO.