The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

can someone point me to the reasoning for removing spell resist from crafted armor

Lirkin
Lirkin
✭✭✭✭
I scanned through the patch notes but could not fine anything
  • Lirkin
    Lirkin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just to clarify there were 6 crafted sets that had spell resistance on them but now are none. Now it is all armor. Why?
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Armor means resistance for both spell and physical
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Lirkin
    Lirkin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you. I didn't know that.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They changed this with update 24 so that spell or physical resistance now applies a lower value to both. So, say 2800 or so spell resist or 2800 physical resist now both provide 1400 or so armor.

Not great if you have a lot more of one or the other due to, say, being a dragon knight. DKs have a passive that increases spell resist, so getting 2800 physical resist is better for that character than 1400 applied to both. But, oh well...