The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Wasted opportunity ...

Carbonised
Carbonised
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
ZOS: "Let's make a nice, large collectible piece of tapestry that players can put in their homes" = :smiley:

Also ZOS: "Now let's rip that tapestry into little pieces and sew it up with crude yellow thread to completely ruin whatever motif was on it in the first place" = :unamused:

dLyYJRg.jpg
  • ShadowKyuubi
    ShadowKyuubi
    ✭✭✭✭
    You should call up the lady who fixes the vMoL wall at the end...she may know the remedy.
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ouch, it has the yellow thread when you put it in your house as well?
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sporvan wrote: »
    Ouch, it has the yellow thread when you put it in your house as well?

Yes, that pic is inside my house. And there's no toggle or anything to mend it either.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There is apparently a product called Liquid Stitch https://aprettyhappyhome.com/2015/02/18/no-sew-way-to-repair-a-t-shirt-hole/
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish that tapestry depicted all furstocks and not just cathay, senche-raht, pahmar-raht, alfiq, and dagi
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    I wish that tapestry depicted all furstocks and not just cathay, senche-raht, pahmar-raht, alfiq, and dagi

They're probably somewhere under the large, yellow stitches.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    Also ZOS: "Now let's rip that tapestry into little pieces and sew it up with crude yellow thread to completely ruin whatever motif was on it in the first place" = :unamused:

Ahhh, you are forgetting that ZOS is the master of taking potentially beautiful player homes and filling them with irreparable rubble and broken bits. It should come as no surprise that they would damage furnishings as well.

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

Ahhh, you are forgetting that ZOS is the master of taking potentially beautiful player homes and filling them with irreparable rubble and broken bits. It should come as no surprise that they would damage furnishings as well.

lets take a house that has so much open space, and ignore all community feedback on increasing its furnishing limit to compensate for that
  • SipofMaim
    SipofMaim
    ✭✭✭✭
    Credit for a cool idea, though. Mostly because I want them to do it again. Maybe tiles so the breakage will just add flavor instead of making the finished piece ugly.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SipofMaim wrote: »
    Credit for a cool idea, though. Mostly because I want them to do it again. Maybe tiles so the breakage will just add flavor instead of making the finished piece ugly.

They do have a pile of skulls that assemble and disassemble with a click or button press. Maybe they could do that with the tapestry.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They do have a pile of skulls that assemble and disassemble with a click or button press. Maybe they could do that with the tapestry.

Several pieces have a toggle between ruined and fixed. Like the Veloths relics. I would like one for this tapestry as well, as it currently looks, its beyond uselessnes and its a shame.
  • moonsister
    moonsister
    ✭✭✭
    I agree! Such a shame. I was looking forward to finding all p u eces :(
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_SarahHecker

Hey guys, could we maybe get a toggle for this, between the "torn and sewn together" version and the intact version without the stitches? It's really a pity to ruin the look of this item by having it marred by these very visible stitches.
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "Destroying a piece of art is unforgivable" *looks at ZOS*
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could have done a better job at stitching that together and I only consider myself mediocre at sewing. Who sew that thing together?!
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They do have an odd sense of humour. Is like they love/hate what they do. But if you think of it, the Elder Scrolls was always filled with flawed implementations and wasted opportunities.

Good thing that I saw how it looks, I won't hurry gathering the pieces.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Totally agree. I think they were going for a certain worn, torn, and ancient vibe.. which I can appreciate.
    I love your idea of tiles though; I think that would be a bit more elegant instead of thick yellow stitching..
    but, what it boils down to is personal taste and some people may like a more patchwork kind of style.. not my cup of tea, but I can understand how some people like that look.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well that guy from Hew's Bane tailor shop does NOT do good work! He should stick to dresses and suits!
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whaaa??? Torn, refurbished, etc. can be cool but that yellow... looks like weird digital outlining, not stitching and who would use such a color??? Somehow it feels like trolling. :S
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they were going for something like this, but I agree that it doesn't look particularly good on a tapestry.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    well that guy from Hew's Bane tailor shop does NOT do good work! He should stick to dresses and suits!

Percius Loche would never lend his fine name to such a horrendous stitching abomination! Looks more like something some inebriated Iron Wheel guards sewed together with some spare rope on their day off.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if it was more subtle it would be more bearable
  • Humanophage
    Humanophage
    ✭✭✭
    Looks pretty good actually, reminds one of kintsugi: https://www.lifegate.com/people/lifestyle/kintsugi

kintsugi-1-e1439584328650.png?resize=1200%2C670&strip=all&ssl=1

Would have looked like a standard picture otherwise.
    Edited by Humanophage on October 30, 2019 1:27AM
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Furniture devs (if you even exist), can we fix this please. Either make a toggle or remove the ugly stitching altogether.
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Furniture devs (if you even exist), can we fix this please. Either make a toggle or remove the ugly stitching altogether.

A toggle would be the best - it’ll placate both crowds. 😊
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adding my vote for a toggle

Though as I said in the other thread, very very thin neutral colored stitching lines would be a happy medium, if the stitched element is important to whoever made that call.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, I don't mind a bit of wear and tear (I like vintage and antiques), but I tend to draw the line at crumbling and rubble in a living space.

This repair is very obvious.

I like the Kintsugi technique, but that was apparently developed out of necessity, as there was no other way to mend a badly broken teacup, at the time, that would leave it usable.

Whereas, there are other, far more undetectable, ways to repair fabrics (assuming this is supposed to be fabric?):

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invisible_mending
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They could have at *least* used a metallic gold thread to give a kintsugi effect. Sigh.
  • DerAlleinTiger
    DerAlleinTiger
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was wondering if anyone on here already posted about it. Never have I gone from super excited to downright disgusted so quickly as when I saw that tapestry! Horrible! Absolutely horrible! Why would you make such a beautiful-looking piece like that and then utterly ruin it by covering it in big, thick, yellow stitching?

I completely agree with adding a toggle! I would throw this piece up in all my houses if I could take the stitching away! But as it is, I won't be using it for any of them! It doesn't even make sense, given the one we get as a furnishing is supposed to be a replica. Why would a replica have the new stitching on it? The whole point is to replicate the original piece!
    Edited by DerAlleinTiger on November 17, 2019 6:21PM
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    facepalm.... so the devs completely ignore that Magicka exists in Tamriel. Surely someone could have come up with a mending spell.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA