Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stamsorc Boi Needs some Insight

universal_wrath
universal_wrath
✭✭✭✭✭
Help me... any of scalebreaker build still vaible? Are there better ones in dragonhold? Does it m
ake much different for cp vs. no-cp gear/skills set up? What is optimal cp set up?

• Speed_Kills
    Speed_Kills
    ✭✭✭
    There are some nice gear improvements for cp and nocp. Bars from last patch can work, but I’m now running bound armaments instead of camo hunter. Damage difference is minimal, regen improvement and utility is better. Now with the lingering pot nerf, crit pots are my top preference again.
    Some say speed kills, I hope to be proof of that.

Main- Speed Kills Nord Stamina Sorcerer
    +11 alts (every class, mag+stam)
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just run ravager, night mother gaze and troll King with front bar bow. Full damage with new tristat with health regen. People will smoke you at times but the playstyle works so smoothly with stamsorc speed and mobility. Then when you get over the fast paced combat just play another toon.

BA, hunter, crushing weapon, focused aim, magnum shot/injection, turret
    Bol/streak, surge, hurricane, vigor, dd, atro

Glhf
  • Vanos444
    Vanos444
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Help me... any of scalebreaker build still vaible? Are there better ones in dragonhold? Does it m
    ake much different for cp vs. no-cp gear/skills set up? What is optimal cp set up?

Try the Re-roll build or the quit one. Both of them are super stronk.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calboy wrote: »
    Just run ravager, night mother gaze and troll King with front bar bow. Full damage with new tristat with health regen. People will smoke you at times but the playstyle works so smoothly with stamsorc speed and mobility. Then when you get over the fast paced combat just play another toon.

Glhf

Why is everyone recommending bow front bar? 2h, DW, SnB?
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Glhf

Cause its fun as ***
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Glhf

Cause its fun as ***

How? Mind posting a video about it,? Never seen stamsorc uses bow as main in pvp.
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Glhf

Cause its fun as ***

How? Mind posting a video about it,? Never seen stamsorc uses bow as main in pvp.

Because it isn't really competitive. Bow has innate less damage than 2h/dw, that's why these are preffered choices. This doesn't mean bow front bar can't be effective or fun, it simply has less potential.
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wanted to try something different so I also made a bow/bow stam sorc. It’s actually pretty fun but it will take some time adjusting to it. It’s not an easy setup to run considering the fact a lot of people run meta builds and automatically have the advantage. Although if you play to it’s strength and outplay people it’s satisfying.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd probably consider New Moon Acolyte (medium) and Shackle Breaker (max stats + rec.), with a Sharpen Maul (offense) and S/B (back bar); This wouldn't be optimal, but I'd go with Dark Elf due to the synergy between racial passives and the sets. The sharpen traits offer excellent initial physical penetration + 20% reduction from the mace weapon passives; The character would have excellent, rounded stats. Using the S/B offers shield stacking with Harden Ward and Defensive Posture (utilizing both magic and stamina resources) that can be combo into Dark Exchange for a direct heal and +resources. Or, protect the healing ticks from vigor. I'd move towards Lightning Form for the concussion chance since the PBAoE tick damage from both morphs are down, so you'd use it for the proc chance, +Armor and movement buff. I'd also consider using Rune Cage to lock targets down, in combo with D-swing and plausibly with Onslaught or Dawn Breaker of Smiting. Since you're spell damage would then be, thereabouts, 3k buffed; you might be able to use Mage's Wrath for a ranged execute for the increased damage when the target falls below 25%. You could pair this up with 2x Bloodthirsty (rings) and Infused (neck) - glyphing jewelry for recoveries - to give an extra edge to finish your target off. The monster set, Thurvokun, will inflict an assailant with both minor maiming and minor defile, along with disease damage ticks for another chance to proc defile.

Ultimately, there are plenty of set items available and how you could utilize the gear choices.

Edited: If you're relying on Critical Surge for circumstantial healing then I'd consider using Stampede that has an AoE damage effect over time, as another source to proc a critical hit (since it's not the amount of damage you do) in conjunction with the initial heal on the charge.
    Edited by Sahidom on November 1, 2019 12:52PM
  • Demra
    Demra
    ✭✭✭

Glhf

Interesting, would this work without crushing weapon? What would you substitute it with?
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As others have said, there are plenty of viable sets that were viable in scalebreaker. It's probably better if you asked specifically about the sets you have or are interested in. Personally I've been running the same sets for years on my stam sorc, Briarheart/7th Legion/Troll King. The thing that changes is what skills I use and how I play it. Right now, if you are up for a challenge, learning to work with overload can provide some significant burst.

https://youtu.be/X4AMdfclbG0
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBois wrote: »
    As others have said, there are plenty of viable sets that were viable in scalebreaker. It's probably better if you asked specifically about the sets you have or are interested in. Personally I've been running the same sets for years on my stam sorc, Briarheart/7th Legion/Troll King. The thing that changes is what skills I use and how I play it. Right now, if you are up for a challenge, learning to work with overload can provide some significant burst.

No stun?
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For example, dual wield flurry was nerfed, not good as spammable as well as dizzy. Seeing lots of people recommending power bash or snipe in this thread. Fury vs 7th vs moon acylte. Sustain is better or worse? How is speed with snares this patch, better than previous ones? Is BoL worth using over streak and is shuffle worth sloting over elude if snare were better this patch?
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No stun?

I use streak and heavy attack with tactician cp for stuns. Dizzy sets off balance now so you still get stun with heavy attack after. So tactician cp wouldn't be needed if you use dizzy and not wrecking blow.

For example, dual wield flurry was nerfed, not good as spammable as well as dizzy. Seeing lots of people recommending power bash or snipe in this thread. Fury vs 7th vs moon acylte. Sustain is better or worse? How is speed with snares this patch, better than previous ones? Is BoL worth using over streak and is shuffle worth sloting over elude if snare were better this patch?

I'm thinking of trying power bash or another spammable. Fury, 7th, moon acolyte depends on playstyle. They are all good. Fury if you like to turtle or sustain then burst, 7th if you like passive heals, moon if you like consistent high damage. Sustain is worse, but I'm noticing that more in pve than pvp. Speed seems strong and less snares going around. I prefer Streak over BoL especially because I need the stun. BoL is strong against ranged builds because of the extended duration. So I would try streak but switch to BoL if you find you are having trouble with ranged builds.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube