Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

R.I.P. PC EU

• KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Server is sstill lagging and timing me out on login, then account already logged in few times, then time out, then already logged in etc etc etc

Shameful
    Options
  • vestahls
    vestahls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still can't log in to the EU server. RIP my patience.

Started a new toon on the NA server (been playing for 3 years and never touched the NA server before). The difference between them is quite amazing actually, the game just runs so much smoother there.

It's clearly not the case that the team is incapable of maintaining a good server performance. They can and do maintain a good, smooth, stable server. They just don't give a rat's *ss about EU clients.
    Edited by vestahls on November 14, 2019 8:05PM
    “He is even worse than a n'wah. He is - may Vivec forgive me for uttering this word - a Hlaalu.”
    luv Abnur
    luv Rigurt
    luv Stibbons

'ate Ayrenn
    'ate Razum-dar
    'ate Khamira

simple as
    Options
  • Yormula
    Yormula
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really don't care about the activity finder issues announced in the sticky when atm there are:
    - login issues;
    - zone chat delays;
    - server-side disconnects;
    - up to infinite guild store loads;
    - up to infinite load screens;
    - party invites and whispers going into the abyss;
    - vendors rolling back transactions;
    - a nice necro thread on the forum instilling hopelessness.

Pretty sure I wasn't able to fully experience and appreciate the whole list. While we're at it, I've set up one of my games to run as a mini-game over ESO load screens. Might as well consider building in some tetris, or, hell, Wagner music. Just a friendly suggestion.
    Options
  • Jenzi
    Jenzi
    ✭✭✭✭
    What’s really sad is just how boringly predictable the server dying has become. Everyone was expecting the server to die, and it did. We would of been extremely surprised to get through an event with no problems. This really has to stop being the norm.
    Options
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got in the game finally for a bit, just to make 1 dungeon to get the event stuff, just to realize it was already turned off. :s

Came here to make a huge wall of texts with words of disappointment and frustration. But just cannot bother.. meh, i`ll go watch a movie or something then. Because after even the dungeon lagged, so no point going into primetime pvp thats for sure.

"IM DISSAPOINT"
    Options
  • Nando70
    Nando70
    ✭✭✭
    pklemming wrote: »
    You would think, by now, they would be prepared for the extra load on an event release, but, well.....

The sole definition of incompetence
    I AM A GAMER
    Not because I don't have a life
    But because I chose to have many!
    Options
  • Bennisphinx
    Bennisphinx
    ✭✭
    Yormula wrote: »
    - a nice necro thread on the forum instilling hopelessness.
    It would be funny, if it wasn't so true...
    Additionally, we will not hold another in-game event that requires the Activity Finder until we are 100% confident that the tool can support it. Stay tuned for details on that.
    The thread really didn't age well.
    Options
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GenerousInferiorButterfly-size_restricted.gif

TA-DAH! It's... gone... >:)
    Edited by Tryxus on November 14, 2019 8:44PM
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
    Options
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    GenerousInferiorButterfly-size_restricted.gif

TA-DAH! It's... gone... >:)

:D:D:D
    Options
  • Charoshy
    Charoshy
    ✭✭
    I'm not blaming the devs for these issues. I don't agree with those that write that they are incompetent or that they should be ashamed of their work or be fired. This is a question of economy so the blame is much higher up the totem pole.

With the money I've spend on this game over the last 2+ years I could have bought a fantastic new gaming PC and a vacation. I feel that I'm being looked down on by Bethesda's management for having spend all that money since they don't fix most bugs and their servers can't handle peak hours and events. I stopped writing bug reports because it doesn't feel like anything is going to be fixed by doing so.
    Options
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like this thread should just remain forever at this point and probably should of been made in the beta. Because I cant remember a time where EU was ever really stable.
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
    Options
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    xeNNNNN wrote: »
    I feel like this thread should just remain forever at this point and probably should of been made in the beta. Because I cant remember a time where EU was ever really stable.

The EU server wasvery stable in the Beta and in the first few month after release, because there were no EU server :smiley:

I believe that EU server has issues because ESO is very popular in EU and most of the players are in a 1 hour difference in the time zones. SO at the peak time it is the whole Europe online.
    Because I can!
    Options
  • BackAndAngry
    BackAndAngry
    ✭✭✭
    I predict by end of the year the EU server will have as many pop as NA xDDD
    PSA - Crown items paid for cash have a chance to soon be obtainable in game for free
    Not my quote "It took a while to sink in that we’re killing it right now..."
    Dragonhold - "...updated Activity Finder for dungeons and Battlegrounds, and also focuses heavily on the first part of the performance improvements for ESO..." ^^
    Options
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    xeNNNNN wrote: »

The EU server wasvery stable in the Beta and in the first few month after release, because there were no EU server :smiley:

I believe that EU server has issues because ESO is very popular in EU and most of the players are in a 1 hour difference in the time zones. SO at the peak time it is the whole Europe online.

Lul, I distinctly remember multiple crashes back then varying from person to person because of client to user connection issues including myself (not the whole server but thats definitely not the definition of stability ha)

As for popularity, I think honestly without true numbers (not counting steam because its a niche choice for launching the game not nearly as many people use steam compared to the launcher) its very debatable whether that is the case, but the american server should have the same issues as well because its not just the US player base in there, south america too and others further east of Europe who simply have a better connection on NA compared to EU. I need full statistics before I will believe its popularity, it makes more sense that the hub location is poor (which Frankfurt is, happens to be one of the worst in Europe) and the severs hardware is just dated and most likely the operating system as well. Not to mention the game engine itself is a weird DIY "hero" engine.
    Edited by xeNNNNN on November 14, 2019 11:26PM
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
    Options
  • Yormula
    Yormula
    ✭✭✭✭
    Logged into PC EU to find 3 (!) people in Mournhold and the mighty activity finder that seems dead.

Might I suggest for the next season to be The Season of Lumberyard? *hint*, *hint*, *sad sarcasm*
    Options
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finder is semi-ok for tanks, but not for other roles

You still can "spam" finder button, but now you will not see Someone declined, you will get infinite que. Instead, just leave que, then restart, repeate till you get your group. Works for tanks.
    Edited by mocap on November 15, 2019 8:04PM
    Options
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So, the latest issue is the game crashing when I try to port.

One of those crashes where it doesn't recognise it's crashed and you can't close the game window without using task manager.
    Options
  • Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you know Zenimax is not obliged by law to deliver you a working product, be it if you bought the game for 10$ or ESO+ dude who spends 200$ monthly on the game, so have your expectations set accordingly.

and if you can't play.. well... don't expect much beside promises from the devs on the forums. it has been like that the past 4 years, and will remain like that for the next 4 years

on a side note- have you bothered reading the 100000 long pages you scroll when you log in to the game after a big expansion?
    you can't play the game if you don't agree to it :)
    PC EU

Options
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Waseem wrote: »
    you know Zenimax is not obliged by law to deliver you a working product, be it if you bought the game for 10$ or ESO+ dude who spends 200$ monthly on the game, so have your expectations set accordingly.

and if you can't play.. well... don't expect much beside promises from the devs on the forums. it has been like that the past 4 years, and will remain like that for the next 4 years

on a side note- have you bothered reading the 100000 long pages you scroll when you log in to the game after a big expansion?
    you can't play the game if you don't agree to it :)

TOS does not circumvent any laws in place, nor does it absolve responsibility from any laws either.
    Options
  • daedalusAI
    daedalusAI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pklemming wrote: »
    You would think, by now, they would be prepared for the extra load on an event release, but, well.....

We really need to petition to have the EU server changed to "Test Server 2", so we at least have our expections set when subscribing. It is quite frankly embarrassing at this point.

I worked in I.T for 30+ years, I would be ashamed if I was a part of the team maintaining this server.

Stay away with your common sense from ZOS - they clearly know it better.
    Options
  • Lisutaris
    Lisutaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    45b3c02d9b0ba8d4e8ae1fda222d8178--joseph-ducreux-funny-***.jpg
    Options
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the server is dying again, it is taking me ages to log out and back in on my characters while doing writs
    Options
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Server seems to die once more. Since 10 minutes I can't login. I get to the charactermenu sometimes just to end in an endless loading screen.
    A very special girl

PC|EU
    Options
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just logged into forum to see anyone else experiencing long loading screen

This topic never disappoints me to appear on the first page, when I am looking for it
    Options
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno EU is dying again :( just got kicked to login screen.
    Options
  • TragedyOA
    TragedyOA
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't log in wtf.
    Options
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, looooooong loading screens again. Doing delves in Glenumbra and have 3 min loading screens in and out.
    Options
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohhhhh, I see, the server just told me the problem is my internet connection. Seems NA uses another Internet then, there I can log in without problems. Even within 3 seconds that would be a dream on EU.
    Edited by L_Nici on November 18, 2019 5:43PM
    A very special girl

PC|EU
    Options
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, managed to log a toon, backed out to log another and the loading has been going for almost 10 mins now.
    The first load screen was also fairly long.
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
    Options
  • MrBrownstone
    MrBrownstone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Takes ages to log out or log in
    Options
This discussion has been closed.