The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

how much 4 divines affect dps?

FatFred
FatFred
✭✭✭
I did SS 4 times from 6am to 10am, ive got 5 body parts of false gods(hand.chest.leg.hand.waist) only robe is a divines one....
My magDK runs Zaan + BSW+ mother sorrow+ VMA inferno
I intend to replace BSW with 5pcs of false gods i just got ...
But, i do not have enough trans gems.

So what should i do ? Keep farming gems until they are all divines or just replace BSW anyway.
If I did ,will this cause a drop on DPS
Thank you.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Transmute as you get gems. Bring every character into a 30 day campaign and get the tier rewards. That will put you in good shape.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can math it out. 4 divines will add about 3% extra crit damage or so.

That means maybe 2% dps.

Divines isn’t that much of a dps boost, I wouldn’t sweat it. The reason people use it is there’s nothing better.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Divines in full gold will give your selected Mundus Stone 52percent boost. Which means;

238 Spell Damage becomes 363
    2752 Penetration becomes ~4300
    13percent Crit modifier becomes 19

Keep in mind this is in full gold divines.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    hakan wrote: »
    Divines in full gold will give your selected Mundus Stone 52percent boost. Which means;

Yea, this is right. That’s why I said 3% crit damage or so because the shadow mundus is the go to PvE mundus these days, so maybe 2% total dps with raid buffs, and that’s the increase based off no trait ignoring the benefit from the existing traits.

New players I’ve noticed always overestimate the effect of divines. That’s why there are lots of new players who try to run divines in pvp and get crushed. Impenetrable for pvp is the only trait that has a large effect. Block cost reduction’s good for tanks too.
    Edited by Iskiab on October 21, 2019 12:19AM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • ShadowKyuubi
    ShadowKyuubi
    ✭✭✭✭
    It depends on what trait is currently on there too. If any pieces are infused, it is like the next best option. As stated above, it isnt a huge difference either way. So I would wear the false gods if you need the extra sustain.
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

Yea, this is right. That’s why I said 3% crit damage or so because the shadow mundus is the go to PvE mundus these days, so maybe 2% total dps with raid buffs, and that’s the increase based off no trait ignoring the benefit from the existing traits.

New players I’ve noticed always overestimate the effect of divines. That’s why there are lots of new players who try to run divines in pvp and get crushed. Impenetrable for pvp is the only trait that has a large effect. Block cost reduction’s good for tanks too.

It may be just because I'm a squishy AF cloakblade, but I didn't notice any difference at all between impen & divines as far as survivability — if I'm not careful I get stomped either way. (Which is not to say my survivability is bad, it's actually really good — it just requires more attention.) However, all divines improves the Shadow from 13% to 19%. That's a pretty significant improvement, no?
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Langeston wrote: »

It may be just because I'm a squishy AF cloakblade, but I didn't notice any difference at all between impen & divines as far as survivability — if I'm not careful I get stomped either way. (Which is not to say my survivability is bad, it's actually really good — it just requires more attention.) However, all divines improves the Shadow from 13% to 19%. That's a pretty significant improvement, no?

For a bomber or ganker it’d be okay I guess. I probably notice the difference in survivability more because I build for it.

I’ve found survivability is something that can’t be halve assed. If you’re under 25k health in 5L with no armour lines you’re going to be really squishy anyways.

I usually play a healblade so my number 1 issue is no self burst heal. I’ll have hots ticking on myself but major defile and a dot or two means my health won’t recover, I need all the survivability I can get. I can’t build for more self healing so need to build for survivability instead.
    Edited by Iskiab on November 3, 2019 2:55PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For a bomber or ganker it’d be okay I guess. I probably notice the difference in survivability more because I build for it.

I’ve found survivability is something that can’t be halve assed. If you’re under 25k health in 5L with no armour lines you’re going to be really squishy anyways.

I usually play a healblade so my number 1 issue is no self burst heal. I’ll have hots ticking on myself but major defile and a dot or two means my health won’t recover, I need all the survivability I can get. I can’t build for more self healing so need to build for survivability instead.

Insane sustain + cloak/RAT is my survivability — I don't mitigate damage, I avoid it. Obviously that means I must be more careful about when & who I engage, but the playstyle is very rewarding in that just staying alive has become much more exciting, lol. (If you saw how little health I run with, you'd think I was insane.)

What do you mean by "with no armour lines"?
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Insane sustain + cloak/RAT is my survivability — I don't mitigate damage, I avoid it. Obviously that means I must be more careful about when & who I engage, but the playstyle is very rewarding in that just staying alive has become much more exciting, lol. (If you saw how little health I run with, you'd think I was insane.)

I run five divines high damage +cloak/rat without a heal on my stamblade and it's quite fun but one mistake lag spike or hot fart from an opponent and i die.
    For me the art of escaping is intoxicating 😉
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jadarock wrote: »

I run five divines high damage +cloak/rat without a heal on my stamblade and it's quite fun but one mistake lag spike or hot fart from an opponent and i die.
    For me the art of escaping is intoxicating 😉

What sets/food/mundus do you use? Cloak/RAT on a stamblade is pretty demanding. I did play my Bosmer like that, but eventually wound up race changing to Breton & going Magblade — my playstyle is so much more viable now.
    Edited by Langeston on November 3, 2019 4:01PM