Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Caracal - WHAT happend? ?

Nemesis7884
Nemesis7884
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
So this is a Caracal, one of the imo most beautiful cats in the world (related to the lynx)

animals_hero_caracal.jpg

Two-caracals-in-the-wild.jpg

and this is Ahnassi... basically the Khajit version of the lusty argonian maid from morrowind - i assume she is supposed to be a caracal

1534891721522.png

and this is the desert lynx pet in eso... they were too lazy to remove the lynx chops...but close enough i assume

_bUs7eO5TKg4K8lU.jpg

and with this in mind you log into the game to create a similar looking character - happy to see that eso actually HAS a caracal fur pattern - even 2!!! can you believe it - only to be greeted by these abominations...

Red-Caracal-Male-Front.jpg

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/red-caracal/#Red Caracal - Male Front

W T H happend??? did they fall into a bucket with dye in it???? Caracals have not body pattern but a very distinct facial pattern - and whatever this is has some weird blotches and no facial pattern... ? ? ?
Edited by Nemesis7884 on October 19, 2019 6:54PM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broken images all over the place.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s as if the in game cats aren’t even real.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So this is a Caracal, one of the imo most beautiful cats in the world (related to the lynx)

animals_hero_caracal.jpg

and this is Ahnassi... basically the Khajit version of the lusty argonian maid from morrowind - i assume she is supposed to be a caracal

1534891721522.png

and this is the desert lynx pet in eso... they were too lazy to remove the lynx chops...but close enough i assume

_bUs7eO5TKg4K8lU.jpg

and with this in mind you log into the game to create a similar looking character - happy to see that eso actually HAS a caracal fur pattern - even 2!!! can you believe it - only to be greeted by these abominations...

Subtle-Red-Caracal-Female-Front.jpg

W T H happend??? did they fall into a bucket with dye in it???? Caracals have not body pattern but a very distinct facial pattern - and whatever this is has some weird blotches and no facial pattern... ? ? ?

Agree that caracals are quite beautiful felines and also loved Ahnassi in TES III (and love that picture) :love:

I wouldn’t complain about the desert lynx since it is called a lynx after all and not a caracal.

Unfortunately, the fur pattern images are not working. I will have to log into the game and have a look.

EDIT: Wow, I agree, the “caracal” fur patterns are really terrible. No wonder I hadn’t remembered seeing what I thought was a caracal pattern — I thought these were supposed to be some sort of calico cat pattern when I was browsing the options for my Khajiit.
    Edited by Araneae6537 on October 19, 2019 5:04PM
  • static_recharge
    static_recharge
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP was trying to link images from these pages that don't support hot linking:

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/red-caracal/

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/subtle-red-caracal/
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think ZO$ got caracal mixed up with calico...
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Broken images all over the place.

dunno, in recent days, eso forum constantly breaks my pictures after a short while
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ErinM31 wrote: »

animals_hero_caracal.jpg

1534891721522.png

_bUs7eO5TKg4K8lU.jpg

Agree that caracals are quite beautiful felines and also loved Ahnassi in TES III (and love that picture) :love:

I wouldn’t complain about the desert lynx since it is called a lynx after all and not a caracal.

Unfortunately, the fur pattern images are not working. I will have to log into the game and have a look.

EDIT: Wow, I agree, the “caracal” fur patterns are really terrible. No wonder I hadn’t remembered seeing what I thought was a caracal pattern — I thought these were supposed to be some sort of calico cat pattern when I was browsing the options for my Khajiit.

desert lynx is called a caracal in the description :-)
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    have you ever seen anything cuter than this?

WhatsApp-Image-2019-04-06-at-1.00.47-PM-600x600.jpeg

hqdefault.jpg

cute-baby-caracals-fb4.png
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ErinM31 wrote: »

animals_hero_caracal.jpg

1534891721522.png

_bUs7eO5TKg4K8lU.jpg

desert lynx is called a caracal in the description :-)

Ah, well, there goes that excuse then! :lol:

Those caracal kittens are adorable!!! :love:<3
    +100 bonus to persuade — their meow is my command :blush:
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    have you ever seen anything cuter than this?

Yes...

cute-puppy-names2.jpg

ESngUXG0.jpeg

2947860_orig.jpg

Just teasing! I'm actually a cat person. B)
    Edited by SeaGtGruff on October 19, 2019 7:14PM
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They obviously meant "calico" (as in "calico cat") but listed it as "caracal" instead, because whoever did that fur pattern was clueless.
  • drkfrontiers
    drkfrontiers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3dc21cc524819aad8a41ce02f0c99c96.jpg
    "One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star."
    ~ Friedrich Nietzsche