The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Multiple Alts doing Top Level Writs: How to sustain material?

WiseSky
WiseSky
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
It just hit me now...

If you have a lot of Alts at high level crafting doing writs, you get a various amount of material from completion.

At level 1 writs I was able to sustain no problem, will I be able to sustain without farming or buying material?

Is there crafts that are harder to sustain then others?

Is it profitable to buy mats and still gain profit?

Thanks your input is helpful :D
Immersive Quests Addon
Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
List of Immersion Addons
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do a lot of farming and deconning as well, you are not going to break even just with the mats received from doing daily writs at max rank. I am able to keep up with 3 characters doing daily crafting writs in blacksmithing, clothing, and woodworking for the mats needed to do them, but am lagging with improvements mats for the master writs that I get, notably mastic (mentioned in another thread here).

I personally do not sell or buy mats, trying to be self-sufficient.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can research writs on the UESP website and get an idea of consumption per toon per day versus "guaranteed" materials received -- and remember that Tier X will give materials for Tier X+1 as well.
    I say "guaranteed" because if you get a survey you get no mats immediately.
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    You can research writs on the UESP website and get an idea of consumption per toon per day versus "guaranteed" materials received -- and remember that Tier X will give materials for Tier X+1 as well.

Would you mind sharing the ling i cant find it
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Lady_Lindel
    Lady_Lindel
    ✭✭✭
    I have a number of alts for crafting. This gives me a large amount of surveys which I try to do daily. Never have a problem with mats because of this. ( I only use high level chars to collect surveys tho)
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It depends on whether you want to hoard the gold upgrade mats you get from doing your daily writs or not.

If you sell the gold upgrade mats and the raw mats from surveys, you will have more than enough gold to buy refined mats from the guild stores, the trick is to maintain a large stockpile so you don't get caught out, when the prices go up buy whenever you notice good prices on your guilds stores/regular shopping spots.

For example, lets say:

-I sell 200 raw Rubedite ore for 6K, I buy refined at 1200 gold a stack.
    -I sell 200 raw Ancestor silk for 8K, I buy refined for 2K a stack
    -I sell 200 raw Rubedo leather for 8K and buy refined whenever its cheap never more than 17 gold a piece if I am desperate
    -I sell 200 raw Ruby ash for 5K a stack, always sells the slowest, I pay around the same amount as refined Rubedite Ignots.
    -I sell 200 Platinum dust for 15K a stack and buy refined for 2K a stack.

Don't pay more than you are prepared too even by a single gold coin, if you buy regularly, the sellers at the stores will learn what sells quick and will restock at the same prices. That does not mean turn your nose up at stuff that is within the average price range, just prioritize cheap stuff first buy the average priced stuff afterwards, even if you don't need it right now to encourage people to restock.

And for me when I say buy, I mean I clear the shelves of all the refined mats at the price I buy at every now and then but not so often as to deny others the chance to buy.

Sell your gold mats at your guilds MM rate or around the mid price from TTC.

But always check what is listed in your guild stores first, if you need the gold now undercut a bit but ensure to price high enough to make re selling less or not profitable, that way you will get a decent amount of gold from someone who is likely to use the mats instead of putting them up on another store.

Once you have a decent stockpile of Refined mats you won't have to worry about getting those all the time, just to clarify I consider 10K of each refined mats starting to get on the low side but that's just me, you should have enough stockpile so that if you feel like it you don't need to buy any for a fortnight.

Alternatively you can ignore selling raw and try your luck refining your survey mats instead to sell the gold mats and sell your excess refined mats and other upgrade mats in addition to the gold ones.

Some who do that, run all their alts on low level crafting mats passing the surveys onto their main who collects max level mats, regardless of crafting level the drop rate for surveys stays the same, the only thing you miss out on by doing lower level writs is a higher drop rate of gold mats and you miss out on Master writs.

Assuming your are not blowing your profits right away doing writs and build up some capital, you can skip collecting surveys and use your accumulated gold to buy raw mats at a lower price in zone or buy the cheaper listing in guild stores assuming you can get their first and refine and sell as though they are your own, the profit is determined by how lucky you are with RNG sometimes you get a lot of gold mats sometimes you get next to nothing, up to you whether you want to risk your gold on RNG, plenty of people do.

Most of those selling refined mats, are the ones buy the raw mats or taking the risk to refine raw mats. Cracks me up a bit one of the people that regularly buys a large amount of my raw mats is the one I buy a large amount of my refined mats from.

If they were not making gold from it they would not be paying the high prices for raw mats, I just prefer a flat profit to one dependent on RNG from refining.

If you do enchanting and alchemy daily writs make sure to learn all the rune words and alchemy traits, this maxes out the drop rate for their master writs, once you do that they will drop as often as gold mats do for equipment daily writs.

Oko, Mudcrab Chittin and violet coprinus tend to be the most expensive mats to fuel the max level writs for enchanting and alchemy always be on the look out for a good price on those, assuming I don't see them first, if I do they will be gone.

Provisioning daily writs, after a certain point with enough characters doing them and hirelings you will become self sufficient with mats, make a stack or two of each of the required food items and you good for a week or two, more or less free gold from that daily writ after awhile.

Consumables tend to take time to sell and have a low profit margin, raw mats prices vary, figure out what mats you need to hold onto for the daily writs and personal use sell the rest either raw or as consumables up to you, personally I don't bother it just builds up in my craft bag.

But at the end of the day once you have enough gold set aside getting mats to fuel your daily writs becomes trivial, you might end up becoming lazy like me and letting your surveys build up for weeks if not months at a time.

If your having trouble saving gold, this is the trick I use:

Pretend X amount of gold 100K a million whatever value you want, that is in your bank, pretend the amount you have set, represents 0 gold.

When you go to take out gold to spend your set amount stays in the bank, over time you move the value of 0 higher and save more over time, only spending what you are currently making not what is sitting in the bank.

Eventually you will find something you really want in the game and have the funds to go buy it.

But if you really want to save gold avoid the gold sink that is housing until your at that point where you have more gold than you know what to do with. If you try to do it before then you will be broke forever.

Up to you if you learn anything from my advice, I do max level daily writs on 36 characters these days, so I do know a bit about what I am talking about, just remember it does not take 5 minutes to set up a lot of alts to do daily writ crafting, it takes a long time don't try to rush or you will burn yourself out.

Next month I will be in the process of rebuilding my fortune after a spending spree recently, its only fake money waste it whenever you feel like it.

Half awake at this point probably forgetting to add some stuff but anyway that should be enough to get you started, good luck, with your gold making.

• WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bmnoble 2020

Thanks mate that really opens my eyes to the long game of crafting.

I just have one question, why 36 chars ? and not 18 ? I never understood that.

Once again I really appreciate your input
    Immersive Quests Addon
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have about 1/3 of your crafter doing level 1 writs. You won't miss the master writs but you will get just as many crafting surveys.
  • Calm_Fury
    Calm_Fury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is definitely not self-sustained under normal circumstances. You will have to buy some mats to compensate, but that shouldn't be a problem because you will still make more gold than you are spending.

Some alternatives, as suggested, are to:

1. Sell low level mats. Usually they don't sell well, but you get tons and tons of those so even a little bit helps.

2. Have some alts doing low level writs, so you will still get surveys but won't consume the high level mats.

3. Set a day of the week, preferably right after trader swap, to try and buy a bunch of mats if they are high level. I found, when I did top level writs on multiple characters, that when traders flip you can find a lot of good deals for a few hours before the flippers buy everything.

• Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    oneskygod wrote: »
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »

Would you mind sharing the ling i cant find it

Start here https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Crafting_Writs#Consumables_Crafting_Writs
    Under "Equipment Crafting Writs" choose the one you want to see, such as https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Blacksmith_Writ
  • unclesheosnephew
    unclesheosnephew
    ✭✭✭
    It is 100% self sustaining at max level because counting surveys and the mats they return you should never need material. Refine the raw while the temper prices are where they are at. It will help to have a stock pile of mats from them for other things. I buy raw for profitting from refining but when the prices wouldnt sustain buying raw I never needed to buy mats since the surveys each week i go gave me a few thousand weekly of each craft. If your running out its because your doing something else with the mats and just not realizing it
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is 100% self sustaining at max level because counting surveys and the mats they return you should never need material. Refine the raw while the temper prices are where they are at. It will help to have a stock pile of mats from them for other things. I buy raw for profitting from refining but when the prices wouldnt sustain buying raw I never needed to buy mats since the surveys each week i go gave me a few thousand weekly of each craft. If your running out its because your doing something else with the mats and just not realizing it

Sadly, it is not self-sustaining at max level.

You get 15 materials back guaranteed plus a 1 in 8 chance of getting a survey which will return about 120 raw mats or 100 refined

15 + .125*100 = 27.5 expected material return.

All of the writs for crafting (cloth/ww/bs) take more than 27.5 materials to do a days worth.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only mats I go negative on is Cloth. Then again, I decon a ton of mob loot to supplement my sporadic farming. If I relied on the Writ/Survey process alone, the story would change
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    oneskygod wrote: »
    bmnoble 2020

Thanks mate that really opens my eyes to the long game of crafting.

I just have one question, why 36 chars ? and not 18 ? I never understood that.

Once again I really appreciate your input

My reason is that when I am working, I only log in each day for the daily rewards on my accounts and do the daily writs on Friday/Saturday/Sunday, with 36 characters I still manage to make the same amount of gold in 3 days as I would with 18 characters over 6 days.

Even when I have less time to play I am still making a decent amount of gold to use and allows me to remain fairly active in the trade guilds I am in all year round.

Also allows me to build up gold quickly in a shorter amount of time, once I have a certain amount build up I can ignore writs completely, like I did this month with the events, will start up again after the witches festival.

4648 gold per character times 36 = 167328 gold from writ quest turn ins

167328 times 3 days = 501984

167328 times 7 days = 1171296

167328 times 365 days assuming I did them every day without fail = 61074720

Then factor in depending on how much I choose to hoard of sell the mats I get, around 1 - 2 million gold in sales on guild stores every week, I only sell on one account though just mail all the valuable stuff to sell, to my main account, don't see the point in being in 10 trade guilds when 5 is enough.

That is before even factoring in raw mats from surveys which I harvest ever few months, if I feel like it.

I could make more re selling but being an Aussie, most of the cheap stuff on guild stores is long gone by the time I get there.

And I do writs so I don't have to spend hours going through guild stores or buying up stuff cheap in zone chat, if I really felt like it I could be almost completely self sufficient, that was the original plan back when I started but I like being in trade guilds.

• Calm_Fury
    Calm_Fury
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is DEFINITELY not self-sustaining.

If you just do top-level writs with multiple characters, even doing all surveys, you will still need to buy or farm more mats.
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 8 character's crafting, 1 is a GMC and the rest with levels 50/50, except 5 of them that are 25-40/50 in jewelry. 3 have 10/10 skill points invested in all crafts, the rest 1/10 with a few exceptions. The amount of mats from their daily rewards, collecting surveys with the GMC and farming everything I come across while I"m at it has been keeping my supply fairly steady. Even generating a surplus of several mats. I started farming skill points to get my 4th character up to 10/10 in everything and that's where I'm seeing numbers drop in the top tier supplies so I've stopped there for now.

I wouldn't call it self sustaining by any means but I'm not really going out of my way to farm and haven't had to buy anything but stacks of style mats for the equipment writs and occasionally some jora and jode runes for low-level enchanters. It seems that I'm burning through specific alchemy supplies as well. Also, I vendor all gear unless it has a style or purple upgrade mat that I need. Unless it's intricate, you don't get much from decon'ing that stuff anyway so the gold it's worth is often a better way to go.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you have a lot of chars at the same level, crafting isn't self sustainable unless you can cover all your expenses. Farm or buy mats, no other solution available.

Example: for 8 chars at level 5 in jewelry crafting you need 230-250 platinum daily (that's where I'm at)

In the end of the day it all resumes to how bad do you want those top tier rewards.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot depends on whether you consider decontruction part of crafting. With the full passive on at least one character, you can get back enough materials from dropped items to supplement the returns from the writs.

That assumes you're doing some non-crafting activity to get the drops, of course. If the only other thing you do is fishing, your mileage may vary.
  • Grey17
    Grey17
    ✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    You get 15 materials back guaranteed plus a 1 in 8 chance of getting a survey which will return about 120 raw mats or 100 refined

15 + .125*100 = 27.5 expected material return. All of the writs for crafting (cloth/ww/bs) take more than 27.5 materials to do a days worth.

It wasn't until I had seven or so max level crafters that I started noticing my wood/cloth/ore survey was not sustaining my writ output. Now with 10 fully leveled crafters I'm in the hole for roughly 800-1000 of wood & ore, and 300-500 odd cloth per week dependent on how kinda the RNG is to me with the surveys. Easy to buy that shortfall by jumping on low prices through guild traders.

Violet Coprinus is my bane. I refuse to pay the exorbitant gouging prices offered on the Traders, so Sunday mornings is assigned to do those surveys and hopefully finding enough Violet Coprinus while I am doing that to sustain me for a week. Would be nice if there was a survey drop for mushrooms. Does anyone else have this issue with this item?
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    Have about 1/3 of your crafter doing level 1 writs. You won't miss the master writs but you will get just as many crafting surveys.

That is something I haven't thought of, but makes a LOT of sense. I stopped at 10 crafters mainly because I could see the gap between material and survey drops was widening with every crafter gaining max level. This thread is a few months old but if you are still reading, do you just do wood/cloth/ore crafting on these other crafters or do they also do Alch, Enchantng ect?

• wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Grey17 wrote: »
    tmbrinks wrote: »

15 + .125*100 = 27.5 expected material return. All of the writs for crafting (cloth/ww/bs) take more than 27.5 materials to do a days worth.

It wasn't until I had seven or so max level crafters that I started noticing my wood/cloth/ore survey was not sustaining my writ output. Now with 10 fully leveled crafters I'm in the hole for roughly 800-1000 of wood & ore, and 300-500 odd cloth per week dependent on how kinda the RNG is to me with the surveys. Easy to buy that shortfall by jumping on low prices through guild traders.

Violet Coprinus is my bane. I refuse to pay the exorbitant gouging prices offered on the Traders, so Sunday mornings is assigned to do those surveys and hopefully finding enough Violet Coprinus while I am doing that to sustain me for a week. Would be nice if there was a survey drop for mushrooms. Does anyone else have this issue with this item?
    Ackwalan wrote: »

That is something I haven't thought of, but makes a LOT of sense. I stopped at 10 crafters mainly because I could see the gap between material and survey drops was widening with every crafter gaining max level. This thread is a few months old but if you are still reading, do you just do wood/cloth/ore crafting on these other crafters or do they also do Alch, Enchantng ect?

I use this strategy. But I only do lvl 1 equipment writs on my backup characters. For alchemy, provisioning, and enchanting I do max lvl writs. Doing it this way keeps me with enough stock that after surveys and minimal farming I come out ahead.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd hate for there to be more surveys to collect, but it would be nice if the alchemy ones had some that were mushroom surveys, and possibly even some that are animal parts surveys as well.

The animal parts ones I get not having the surveys, since you can "farm" animals for specific reagents pretty easily, but you can't farm the mushrooms specifically, so at the least they should have mushroom versions of the alchemy surveys.

I'd propose that they just swap out half of the zones (or 1/3 if you do the animal parts ones) for each type of survey. Say they change Auridon's Alchemy Survey to be a mushroom survey instead, so you go there and get mushrooms in Auridon, but Alik'r might still be flowers

Just a thought
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mudcrab Chittin and Violet Coprinus need to be added to the surveys. This would help a lot. Violet Coprinus is the reason I pick up the shadowy passive under Dark Brotherhood skill line.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one has two teams of crafters yes.

This one herself does her writs every day.

When Khajiit is in need of yellow materials or master writs team one also do the crafting - Nommie, Wenxue, Rosiebelle and Spiny Tim. They are all top tier in all crafts. They use up high level materials.

When this one needs more materials team two take over - Jen, Sherlock, Hodorf, Lucky, Snowstorm, Winkworth and Misti. Sometimes also others.

They are all low level crafters - thus they use up low level materials but produce some crafting surveys.

All crafting surveys then go to Spiny Tim who collects high level materials from surveys gained by apprentices using low level materials - thus turning one into the other sort of.

Presently the second team are busy so this one can build up materials towards the Anniversary Festival.

They all work hard then yes. Many boxes for this one.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Grey17
    Grey17
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting insight on on how you work your muti-crafters.

This one is interested......

Is Jen, Sherlock, Hodorf, Lucky, Snowstorm, Winkworth and Misti all the same crafting level tier, or are they at different crafting levels so to help to spread out the usage of Materials?

• tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is Jen, Sherlock, Hodorf, Lucky, Snowstorm, Winkworth and Misti all the same crafting level tier, or are they at different crafting levels so to help to spread out the usage of Materials?

Tier 1 Crafting writs (Blacksmithing, Woodworking, and Clothing) are all entirely self sustainable.. You get more materials back than what it takes to craft. Jewelry is really, really close requires either 5 or 6 materials, and gives you 5 back.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They are mostly at the lowest level of materials. Apart from alchemy which everyone has maxed out for master writs - no levelled ingredients there really. Also this one uses saved alchemy master writs to help level a new kitten when there is double xp on. Save the writs, make sure many skill points are into alchemy. The kitten can then craft the saved alchemy master writs for very good xp.

They are also all at different provisioning levels so a range of recipes may be obtained as rewards.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have leveled all to 50 relatively fast, so I only use that tier of material. My main sources of materials are:
    - surveys have ~10-15% drop rate, and beget about 120-130 raw materials, so ~100 refined in total
    - 15 materials returned and 10 more of a lover level, if you don't receive a survey
    - hirelings for woodworking, clothier, blacksmith
    - casual pickup as I go along, it amounts to a decent amount
    - very rarely I buy some to balance out, more often for platinum, since it doesn't have a hireling
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Grey17
    Grey17
    ✭✭✭
    Thank-you for everyone's insight. Been very helpfull.
  • Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    honestly, I get enough crafting surveys from writ rewards that I can sustain myself easily. for this reason it's actually also beneficial to have some low-level crafters, because even the lv.1 writs can drop surveys (and writ gold payout is based on character level rather than passives).

in a way, it's sort of an "importance of the lower-classes" deal. those janitors and secretaries are important in keeping things flowing, even if their jobs might seem menial. similarly, those low-level characters doing lv.1 writs and donating their surveys to your max level crafter(s) can keep things flowing a lot smoother. *says the one with over 133,000 raw mats >.>*
    Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
    "Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After leveling all my alts to level 50 I just do max writs with them now, I followed @bmnoble advice and buy the need mat at good prices. I realized no matter what I always will make profit with all the crafts except once in a blue moon the Alchemy one.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yQDUjYNQVsIFl0ktkbkSlfYPkzP6pgCOTMQ-qCuzfaI/edit#gid=2027133964

That document helped out alot
    Immersive Quests Addon
    List of Immersion Addons
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Thanks alot to @tmbrinks
    Immersive Quests Addon
    List of Immersion Addons