The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

My sincere feedback on ESO, after playing it for nearly 3 years...

Eraldus
Eraldus
✭✭✭✭
It's good.
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eraldus wrote: »
    It's good.

Try some prime time PvP and come back with your assessment please.
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s good....like melted ice cream
    source.gif
  • stewhead2ub17_ESO
    stewhead2ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Succinct and to the point. +1 OP!
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy it overall, or I wouldn’t have put in around 6 years. There are issues, but it’s still fun.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cavedog wrote: »
    It's good.

That's why I avoid pvp, well that and the fact that most ppl I run in to in pvp are rude and egotistical.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's good.

good or just good enough?
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's good.

good or just good enough?

It's good.
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you're into combat at all, check back in after U24 slaps you upside the head. :/
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I feel its borderline good, definitely not great. It does not stand on the shoulders of other great MMO's. I think eso is for the most part, easily forgettable due to the games design revolving around the crown store. In fact I quit the game after about 6 months, I came back for the housing only to be quickly reminded that housing is extremely superficial in this game. No farming, very little to interact with, no real need to even have it

If ESO was 15 bucks a month, allowed players to play the game to get mounts, outfits, be able to craft mounts outfits. If the auction system favored the player base, not the crown store, if the combat was on a level playing field (remove animation cancelling), if the combat was more predictable and spells felt like they actually landed, if the housing simply did more...had a real reason to exist in game, if the water had depth and you could submerge, if characters were more unique (not all having a human body), if more time/money was spent on bugs, if the netcode and network were better, if I felt like there was more coming to the game than just ways to funnel the player to the crown store, then it would be a better game.

But, for me as It stands...its easily forgettable.

And I don't say this to be a hater, its just being honest.

I can recall times in WOW, SWTOR, Warhammer where fun, unique things happened. I can't say anything in this game has done the same for me. I think the most memorable thing for me is how dragons (if they are focused on you) swing their neck around to follow you, and even that I think was taken from Skyrim.

• StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's good.

Get a better ISP and don't run ESO on a potato and a 9v Battery.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's good.
    An toast to the gentleman o:)
    H4r0jrZh.png
    No this one don't agree with the balance crew who look to be off balance and only increasing their rotation speed.
    However as current trend is ramming speed and aim for the lighthouse this might be an buff.
    As in everything from star wars to Blizzard is only about who makes the largest diameter crater before this decade ends.
    This is very bad as it will scare multiple mudcrabs, couple of guys fishing dies because of this.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have my open beta => today feedback too:

Create Classic ESO, that is a version of the game "frozen" right before Morrowind patch.

That's when ESO was not just "good". It was "fun".
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is only the best MMO currently available, which does not necessarily make it good... Some aspects of it are good, some not very and some just stink.

But yes, even being far from perfect it can be still great fun. Better enjoy it as long as the fun lasts.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO is really, really good at art, characterization, story, etc. (If you think the story(ies) are insipid or whatever, you'd probably think that about any game, which is a reasonable viewpoint.)

At combat, endgame challenges, etc. it is arguably adequate.
  • sionIV
    sionIV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has potential to be a great game, but it's being held back by poor performance, greed from ZOS and a few dubious choices when it comes to gameplay.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vahrokh wrote: »
    I have my open beta => today feedback too:

Create Classic ESO, that is a version of the game "frozen" right before Morrowind patch.

That's when ESO was not just "good". It was "fun".

Was thinking the same thing. Fun it is not anymore.
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's good.

Its still good and that's @ 6 years playing ✌
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It would be a great game if they had a decent combat team who knew what they were doing and stopped implementing terrible gameplay changes. Aside from that and some performance issues the game is pretty decent.
  • Chicharron
    Chicharron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see... then I will post my insincere feedback in a few minutes.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's good.

I have 16 characters to to tier two in the thirty day campaign and a few of those players are tier three. I play mostly in prime time and maybe 60% of that in a large group. I had two nights where I got three or four loading screens while playing and had a few nights in huge fights where switching bars was delayed. For the most part though play was fairly smooth.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a love/hate relationship with ESO. I feel like there are quality of life tweaks that could improve a few things, but I know they'll never happen.

I do honestly feel if ESO wasn't as visually beautiful it wouldn't be as worth the time investment. I think combat and housing could be better, but there are things I like and miss if i switch to other games such as the variety of armour/costumes. The character creation is great, there are some good PvE stories in quests. There's a bunch of things I like, yet I still manage to become a) annoyed and/or b) bored with ESO.
    My record with ESO is I play for approximately three months then need to move to another game.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~