The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Ancient Dragon Body Markings

bodge2372
bodge2372
✭✭✭
Anyone else noticed the tattoo from the daily rewards gives you a rotten case of vitiligo? I would have thought they would test these things before dishing them out. Or am I expecting too much?? I know it's free and all that(before anyone says anything), but it should still work right.....
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Complaining about free stuff? Lol

Of course they test this, but... Not everyone has the same tastes...

If you don't like it, don't wear it. That's what I do.
    Edited by redlink1979 on October 15, 2019 10:06AM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • oddbasket
    oddbasket
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought it's pretty nice except it doesn't have markings for the tail.
  • bodge2372
    bodge2372
    ✭✭✭

There's always someone who has to say that. If someone gave you a free iPhone, you'd expect it to work, yes??
    [img][/img]Screenshot-20191015-130014.png
    [img][/img]Screenshot-20191015-130038.png
    The tattoo is fine but it's what it does to the characters skin which is the problem. Needless to say I won't be using it...

• beadabow
    beadabow
    ✭✭✭
    I had to look vitiligo up. Learn something new every day.
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ironic they give you a body tattoo to show off yet have very few armors to show it off.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have it on one of my RG guys who's wearing Sai's jack. I didn't notice any problem with his skin....
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if it affects the skin differently on different races? Maybe they didn’t test it on each.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all,

It appears that some Ambient Occlusion settings are interfering with how the body markings appear. We are working on a fix for this in a future update, but if you temporarily turn off Ambient Occlusion then it should fix the issue.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/497478/oct-13-daily-reward-ancient-dragon-body-marks-does-it-look-funny-to-anyone-else
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't get that effect on my character.

I like the markings a lot, although they only really look good at night. Also the body tattoo only shows a tiny piece through my chest window. I wish they'd tailor markings to chest windows more, as that's (I think) the torso part that you see most often.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    talking about that glowy lightness around the edge?

figured that was intentional

• IndianaJames7
    IndianaJames7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think body markings in general are pretty lame. You have to really go out of your way to make an outfit where these things are even visible.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think body markings in general are pretty lame. You have to really go out of your way to make an outfit where these things are even visible.

can always go with just a bath towel.

:#
  • Jusey1
    Jusey1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to use it personally but like always... These markings are "bugged" for Argonians. If I put it on, it removes my scale texture that I am using and goes back to the default. I don't know why this is a thing. Body markings should be a layer on top of your body, not your actual body skin.
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't noticed it, but I do like that it's one of the very, very few markings that actually show up well on my vampire Khajiit.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • xeha_arwen11
    xeha_arwen11
    ✭✭✭✭

So rude.

Just because something's "free" doesn't mean it's okay for it to be buggy and poorly made. Some characters actually had obvious texture issues with the markings equipped. I'm tired of this ragged excuse for everything.

I will never understand the general attitude on these forums. A bizarrely large portion of forum members kiss ZOS's feet for the smallest things and mock and scream at people who point out how things are decaying and rewards are worse, etc. The playerbase seems to be treated quite badly to have adopted such a sad mindset.

Gaming has fallen to its worst state. Just because a set of body markings isn't priced at 30 dollars people expect others to be grateful and praise ZOS for their infinite kindness. Forgetting that we all paid for the base game, a monthly subscription, and a lot of people pay for ESO+ or all the DLCs and chapters. Unbelievable. Just stunningly unbelievable.
    Edited by xeha_arwen11 on October 15, 2019 5:14PM
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    bodge2372 wrote: »
    Anyone else noticed the tattoo from the daily rewards gives you a rotten case of vitiligo? I would have thought they would test these things before dishing them out. Or am I expecting too much?? I know it's free and all that(before anyone says anything), but it should still work right.....

YES. And I have vitiligo in real life, so I'm upset. It's pixellated vitiligo, too.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • bodge2372
    bodge2372
    ✭✭✭
    Aisleyne wrote: »
    Hey all,

It appears that some Ambient Occlusion settings are interfering with how the body markings appear. We are working on a fix for this in a future update, but if you temporarily turn off Ambient Occlusion then it should fix the issue.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/497478/oct-13-daily-reward-ancient-dragon-body-marks-does-it-look-funny-to-anyone-else

Funny thing is, I've had no problems at all with the Psijic body markings and they're really glowy....
  • Lady_Sleepless
    Lady_Sleepless
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I get pixels around my character's waist if I use these markings. It looks really bad. I'll get a screenshot later if I can.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all,

Awesome. This isn't an issue unique to this tattoo, a lot of glowmap effects, including some skins, have similar issues.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bodge2372 wrote: »
    Hey all,

Funny thing is, I've had no problems at all with the Psijic body markings and they're really glowy....

It's not everything. The issue pops up on the mindshriven skin, for example, but most skins are fine.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jusey1 wrote: »
    I would like to use it personally but like always... These markings are "bugged" for Argonians. If I put it on, it removes my scale texture that I am using and goes back to the default. I don't know why this is a thing. Body markings should be a layer on top of your body, not your actual body skin.

Body markings remove any existing pattern on Khajiit as well.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    whitecrow wrote: »
    Jusey1 wrote: »

Body markings remove any existing pattern on Khajiit as well.

That's because the body markings on the Khajiit and Argonians are in the same slot. Same way putting on lipstick will remove your character's facial scars. It's the same slot, it conflicts.
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dude...it's not just a matter of not liking it. It looks like unfinished half-assed garbage.
  • bodge2372
    bodge2372
    ✭✭✭
    Changing the ambient occlusion thing did the trick but things could be done better so stuff like this doesn't happen and you don't have to go changing settings and stuff.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dude...it's not just a matter of not liking it. It looks like unfinished half-assed garbage.

It looks pretty decent if you kill Ambient Occlusion. This is an old bug (dates back to, at least, Dark Brotherhood), but it only affected a few crown store skins, so I'm guessing most people never saw it, and as a result, it never got on the dev radar.

This skin went live, and everyone's like, "WTF is this?" Well, that got it in front of the dev's attention, and now the bug is on the slate to get fixed, finally.