The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Switched from PC

Stealthk80
Stealthk80
✭✭
So I sold my PC last year and now face the prospect of starting over from a CP 600 stam sorc that had finally got the the arena bow..
I picked up an xbox one x a couple of weeks ago and got eso, and added the new exp. I have a couple of questions

1. What's the better class out of stam sorc vs necro stam? In terms of fun, dps and survivability for world solo play?
2. Is there a way to further increase fov for third person view?
3. Any tips in general for playing having switched from PC? The though of doing arena with these controls makes me wanna vommit
Edited by Stealthk80 on October 15, 2019 9:06AM
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both stam sorc and stamcro are strong stam dps options. You are already familiar with stamsorc and what it brings to the party, its basically no different on console, build it the same way. I would therefore suggest you try out the stamcro if nothing else for some variety and something new. Though do note the rotation and play-style are not to everyone's liking as it can be a bit fiddly with the corpse mechanics etc. Personally I love the necromancer class, its great fun due to the animations/effects and play style, it combines great damage output with excellent survivability and some really useful utility - all great for solo play. (I can reliably solo world bosses with my necro that I simply cant on other characters).

Yes, there is a way to zoom the camera in or out from your 3rd person view, but off the top of my head I cannot recall how to do so. It may actually be as simple as holding in a button on the pad (thumb stick?) and then moving the field in and out, that rings a bell.

If you are not used to console pads its going to be a learning curve. I guess just accept its unlikely you will have that muscle memory and instinctual ability to execute what you want when you want without a 2nd thought, until you have gotten used to it. Think about which buttons you feel more comfortable pressing most, and put your most used/spammable skills on those buttons.

Best of luck :)
  • Stealthk80
    Stealthk80
    ✭✭
    Thanks for help, levrlled the sorc up, will get some cps and level the necromancer
  • Schattenfluegel
    Schattenfluegel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mhmm dont follow the meta...

Play that class with more fun for you.
    Edited by Schattenfluegel on November 7, 2019 8:09AM
    Love my Stamsorc
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3. Any tips in general for playing having switched from PC? The though of doing arena with these controls makes me wanna vommit

I didnt switch to console but to gamepad after 15 years of keyboard and mouse. Just roll your class and level it to 50. By then you ll love the pad. Now i even play a lot in 1st person. I bet the game was designed for this ;)

The downside is: You wont play a keyboard game ever again.

• Stealthk80
    Stealthk80
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the input. I'm now 357cp, considering mag sorc due to what I remember being a pretty good solo class.
    Any thoughts on this? Seems stam sorc is parsing quite highly