Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

PVE Bomber, Possible/Viable?

Mendosa
Mendosa
✭✭✭
I wonder if it is possible to use bomber builds for vet dungeons and trials for both group and solo. Is there anyone who tried that? I love solo vet dungeons and all of my damage skills are AOE and bombers are AOE king, so...? 🙄
Magblade with Dual Wield
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess its possible. Wouldn't be very efficient though.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    isn't that bomberman stuff marked something like "when you blabla... other _PLAYER_" ?
  • Pauls
    Pauls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bombing is high burst damage, which is weaker in pve compared to constant dots + direct attacks.
  • OlumoGarbag
    OlumoGarbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean it would make pve less boring if they introduced high healing, low health mobs that can only be killed by stacking and bombing or by doing mechanics, instead of the boring old big healthbar minigame
    class representative for the working class, non-cp, bwb and Trolling
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't get the same effect from VD as you need to kill a player to get the most of it
  • Att1Tude
    Att1Tude
    ✭✭✭
    Against players, not AI, players.
    PC-EU
    How-Much-Is-The-Fish Stamsorc
    A Friend Of Nature Magwarden
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, it would be ineffective and kind of sad
  • IndorilArwynLlethran
    Only one question - what do you plan to do between bombings? In PVP you can run and hide, slightly damaging something around to recharge your ulti. Since bombers normally have bad to no sustain, this won't work in a dungeon, especially when you are solo, running/hiding un-taunts bosses and mobs. Even if you have a group to continue attack while you are preparing for the next burst, I doubt there can be good total group damage.
    Edited by IndorilArwynLlethran on October 15, 2019 9:09AM
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vicious Death only works against other players.

"(5 items) When you kill a Player, they violently explode for 15815 Flame Damage to all other enemies in a 4 meter radius."
    Edited by redlink1979 on October 15, 2019 10:09AM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Mendosa
    Mendosa
    ✭✭✭
    Well, Vicious Death is a wonderful set but it's not the only way of beeing a bomb.

If I stand between 6 mobs and;
    • wear Balorgh Monster Set (When you use an Ultimate ability, you gain Weapon Damage and Spell Damage for 10 seconds equal to twice the amount of total Ultimate consumed)
    • then use Soul Tether (Ravage nearby enemies' souls with a night rune, dealing 12882 Magic Damage and stunning them for 4 seconds.)
    • and trigger Proximity Detonation at the same time (ctivate a magical bomb on yourself that explodes after 8 seconds, dealing 6436 Magic Damage to all enemies in the area. Each enemy within the bomb's radius increases the damage by 25%.)
    • and spam Sap Essence (iphon the vigor from your enemies' blood, dealing 6231 Magic Damage to all nearby enemies and healing you and your allies for 2145 plus 20% more for each enemy hit. If an enemy is hit, you gain and Major Sorcery, increasing your Spell Damage by 20% for 20 seconds.)

I makes a very good number after critical (Shadowy Disguise). If I place Soul Harvest (While slotted, any time you kill an enemy you gain 10 Ultimate.) on my front bar, ultimate can be generated after kill all mobs in a short duration.

Still no hope? 🙄

Edit: Typo

Edited by Mendosa on October 15, 2019 11:01AM
    Magblade with Dual Wield
  • GrimTheReaper45
    GrimTheReaper45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say no, while its possible its not going to be very viable. Pve is more about sustained damage than burst
  • molecule
    molecule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mendosa wrote: »
    Still no hope? 🙄

Yep, still no hope.

Not going to do squat against a 6m dungeon boss

• Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In places where it would work quick add clearing is not a high priority. In place where you might want to kill 6 adds real fast it just wouldn't be enough to kill them.

And storing 500 ult and then dumping it on a trash pack is not a very efficent playstyle in general