The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Help me pick an alt

Eniredir
Eniredir
✭✭
Hello guys! So with my stamden almost maxed out I want to play a magicka alt. I need a character for all around PVE DPS/Healing as well as PVP. After watching some videos and reading some info I'm undecided between Magplar, Magsorc or Magcro.

I'm asking for help from all of you who've played these different classes, what do you recommend/have the most fun on, and why? Considering also the next patch of course.

Thank you for your help!

Help me pick an alt 31 votes

Magsorc
29%
SirAndyteladoyThe_LexBobby_V_RockitTheNightflameArtim_XStarlight_KnightKhlonathe1andonlyskwex 9 votes
Magplar
54%
SorisSnowZeniaFreakin_HyttePuzzlenutsZeroXFFdracul813magueWildRaptorXcolossalvoidsNerftheforumsThePedgeGrianasteriMelivarSkorroWheresthetea11AlidelSipofMaim 17 votes
Magnecro
16%
AelorinfireraptureDrathlyTitanzincGrandma 5 votes
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There isn’t quite enough information to answer. What’s your playstyle? Are you aggressive and prefer to get in the thick of things? Do you prefer hanging back? Maybe a mix of both?

I’d say choose based on how you e setup your stamwarden now. If in pvp you’re using a bow go sorc, if you’re pure melee go DK. If you like melee and ranged go templar.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Eniredir
    Eniredir
    ✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    There isn’t quite enough information to answer. What’s your playstyle? Are you aggressive and prefer to get in the thick of things? Do you prefer hanging back? Maybe a mix of both?

I’d say choose based on how you e setup your stamwarden now. If in pvp you’re using a bow go sorc, if you’re pure melee go DK. If you like melee and ranged go templar.
    I normally play meelee but I don't mind ranged as well tbh, might be a good change of pace for me haha
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magplar
    If the choice is between those 3 and you like playing in melee, templar fits best. It has a melee spammable and melee ulti. But you also can play ranged by replacing both of those skills with a guild or weapon skill alternative. Templars are also the first choice for healers. Templars currently make worse tanks than sorcs though (but both are less than ideal).

No idea about PvP.
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magnecro
    I have all 3. The sorcerer was my main and i played him several years. I mostly use him for crafting now.

I never got into the templar. But for pvp jesus beam is really strong.

Arm the magcro is my favorite. Nice animations, good healing/dps hybrid for levelling. Try it out, you will see....
    And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
  • Eniredir
    Eniredir
    ✭✭
    Aelorin wrote: »
    I have all 3. The sorcerer was my main and i played him several years. I mostly use him for crafting now.

I never got into the templar. But for pvp jesus beam is really strong.

Arm the magcro is my favorite. Nice animations, good healing/dps hybrid for levelling. Try it out, you will see....

Are you able to heal dungeons and such?
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magnecro
    Yes, that is really no problem.
    You just have to switch some skills from DPS to healing and a resto staff instead of a flame one, and you can heal dungeons quite easy.

I stronly suggest to invest in a good levelling set like the Seducer.

Edit: If you are on EU, I can make a set for you. Just contact me in game.
    Edited by Aelorin on October 15, 2019 11:32AM
    And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Magcro’s decent from a pvp perspective. Only issue is you’ll perform better in a group setting then solo because of the corpse mechanic - more bodies means more powerful.

To set yourself up for burst you also need to use the jewellery traits that increase synergy damage and use that self synergy ability.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten