The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Loaded Weapon 3: Toppling Charge

ZarkingFrued
ZarkingFrued
✭✭✭✭✭
Cheap Spammable, Gap closer, procs burning light, procs minor protection every time, procs Offbalance every time, and Stuns.
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh. We haven't had the last nerfs to Templar hit live and people are alrady calling for more nerfs. So what that it has many effects? That's what makes skills interesting and original. Do you want to make it just magicka version of Criticall Charge? Come on. Don't be that guy who spoils fun for others.
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh. We haven't had the last nerfs to Templar hit live and people are alrady calling for more nerfs. So what that it has many effects? That's what makes skills interesting and original. Do you want to make it just magicka version of Criticall Charge? Come on. Don't be that guy who spoils fun for others.

Templars having to do their own damage is a nerf? Never said I was asking for a nerf, just pointing out what this skill actually does.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #RedundancyRemoval (Any NB will know what I mean :D:D ).
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never said I was asking for a nerf, just pointing out what this skill actually does.

Who exactly do you think you are fooling?

Do you think you have invented the passive-aggressive "but but I never asked for it to be nerfed!" thread? You didn't.

To the topic, Templars are fine. Other classes are overnerfed.

• Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Templars having to do their own damage is a nerf? Never said I was asking for a nerf, just pointing out what this skill actually does.

You're right. You didn;t say you were asking for a nerf. Rather you'retrying to convince ZOS the skill needs a nerf by being passive aggressive.
    Edited by Joy_Division on October 13, 2019 2:48PM
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Classes should be all the same, just with different color schemes for us to choose from. Take away all class identity and individuality.

/endsarcasm
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But dude, my empowered chains makes my SnB light attack weave hit for 600 in PvP instead of 400!

Think I fought your templar Zark. I think one person so far has got it. Other classes need mechanics added or existing ones revisited to put them on par. But think of the nerf threads if fights were actually fair.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To bad magicka templars won't be able to take advantage of exploiter next patch. That's a HUGE nerf
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    buttaface wrote: »
    Other classes are overnerfed.

Well, this community is on a hell of a nerf ride. But then again, if nearly everything else sucks it's easier to point out what actually good skills are left.
  • BlackMadara
    BlackMadara
    ✭✭✭✭
    Costs 30% more than actual spammables and deals 25% less damage. One can choose to spam gap closers, but that is ineffective compared to using an actual spammable. It's a good gap closer and stun. That's it.
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Costs 30% more than actual spammables and deals 25% less damage. One can choose to spam gap closers, but that is ineffective compared to using an actual spammable. It's a good gap closer and stun. That's it.

Cost to effect ratio is actually pretty good. 3 effects (stun, off-balance, and Minor Protection) procced for the price of one.

Let's compare it to other gap closers. As of this patch Focused/Toppling Charge completely outperforms:
    • Critical Charge and morphs
    • Empowering Chains
    • Flying Blade
    • Teleport Strike and morphs
    • Shield Charge and morphs - this is the only one that comes close due to the fact that it's also a stun with zero minimum range

Yes, Focused Charge, and specifically Toppling Charge, needs to be adjusted to be in line with other gap closers. Either remove the stun from the morph (honestly the best option), remove the off-balance proc (should be a morph choice, Explosive Charge can be adjusted to compensate by afflicting Off-Balance status to all targets in its AoE), or exclude the skill from proccing class passives (the worst option).

IMHO, no gap closer should have a stun, so I'd remove the stun from Shield Charge and replace it with Off-Balance.
  • BlackMadara
    BlackMadara
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heatnix90 wrote: »

Cost to effect ratio is actually pretty good. 3 effects (stun, off-balance, and Minor Protection) procced for the price of one.

Let's compare it to other gap closers. As of this patch Focused/Toppling Charge completely outperforms:
    • Empowering Chains
    • Flying Blade
    • Shield Charge and morphs - this is the only one that comes close due to the fact that it's also a stun with zero minimum range

Yes, Focused Charge, and specifically Toppling Charge, needs to be adjusted to be in line with other gap closers. Either remove the stun from the morph (honestly the best option), remove the off-balance proc (should be a morph choice, Explosive Charge can be adjusted to compensate by afflicting Off-Balance status to all targets in its AoE), or exclude the skill from proccing class passives (the worst option).

IMHO, no gap closer should have a stun, so I'd remove the stun from Shield Charge and replace it with Off-Balance.

Including passives when talking about individual skills shouldn't be done imo. They are two separate entities that can have synergistic effects. So with that in mind:

Toppling Charge - stun, off balance, interrupt
    Critical Rush - increased damage based on distance, always crit
    Empowering Chains - Major Expo, Empower
    Flying Blade - Interrupt (with stun and off balance in interrupted), major brut
    Shield Charge - stun, and either larger stun based on distance or shield.

The only outlier I see is that perhaps Toppling Charge should only proc off balance when interrupting a target. Even still, it doesn't seem overloaded. You opinion on gap closers and stuns has merit, but I personally don't mind either way.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    God forbid a skill does more than 1-2 things these days........
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

• Empowering Chains
    • Flying Blade

Off balance is an almost redundancy next patch afaik.
    Minor Protection is passively granted by actual damage abilities, nobody is using Charge as a spammable, nor to consistently proc Minor Protection lul.

Flying blade for example?

Deals 2 sets of damage, one on cast, other on recast.
    Interrupts a caster, sets off balance and stuns.
    Grants Major brutality.

Passive 20% damage increase to targets under 25% HP
    15% Reduced cost
    15% Damage bonus against impaired targets
    Twin Blade and Blunt bonus based on weapons used

Easy to make something sound "pretty good" by listing every thing that's possible.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well...How about...

REMOVE ALL THE CC FROM GAME...FFS THESE SKILLS THAT KEEP KILLING ME ALL THE TIME...NERF THEM AND NERF THAT CLASS AND NERF THE OTHER ONE TOO...

welp welp

/Endsarcasm
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Empowering Chains

- grants Empower (maybe not great, but this will grant more damage to magDKs next patch than Off Balance will to magplars)
    - snares the opponent
    - can proc Burning, dealing extra damage and refunding magicka to the caster
    - grants Major Expedition
    - cheap spammable (not really, but you said Toppling was a spammable so...)
    - gap closer
    - undodgeable

There, that’s more things than you listed for Toppling. Nerf Empowering Chains!
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP's not wrong a lot of templar skills are overloaded why is why they're so strong now.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OP's not wrong a lot of templar skills are overloaded why is why they're so strong now.

That is not the reason magplars are strong right now, and that's not how PVP metas work. Having particular skills with numerous effects (or "overloaded" skills) is rarely or never the reason any particular class becomes dominant in a given meta. That sort of thing happens when a class's toolkit happens to match what the meta demands. In the current meta, heavy armor is deprecated and DOT damage is over the top. Templars happen to have a toolkit that synergizes extremely well with that meta both offensively and defensively. Next patch the toolkit will be changed in some small but significant ways and the meta will change fairly drastically (DOTs will become less important and heavy armor will become relatively stronger). I think you'll find magplars' relative position in the PVP hierarchy will change quite a bit, despite continuing to have the same number of "overloaded" skills.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When did they overload these skills and which ones?

We're strong because dopes are so stuck on the meta and playing in a way we've always been able to heavily mitigate.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Mannix1958
    Mannix1958
    ✭✭✭✭

• Empowering Chains
    • Flying Blade

So you're all for nerfs...heard loud and clear
  • Rhorlak_Wulfmare
    Rhorlak_Wulfmare
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely an overloaded skill. Was fine before they started removing these things from other classes. #redundacyremoval indeed
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheap Spammable, Gap closer, procs burning light, procs minor protection every time, procs Offbalance every time, and Stuns.

Procing burning light is not an argument at all. That passive is only usefull with constant ticks. Single damage tick per cast abilities benefit minimaly from it.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »

We're strong because dopes are so stuck on the meta and playing in a way we've always been able to heavily mitigate.

You're strong because skills are overtuned.

For example : Best instant ult in the game currently because it doesnt have a cast time, which to be clear im against all cast times on ults.

Purify: Self purge, best group purge via synergy, decently big heal from it. I'm healing people for 2k-3k crit tickm from a passive heal. Massive aoe which if you take the other morph also acts like a very nice aoe dot. Also massive aoe snare.

Living dark: Stupidly designed skill in where you come worse off for actually damaging the templar. Passives heals and passive roots with low cooldown. Next patch its going to be 60% snare which is equally annoying. Its on the level when wings used to shut down ranged builds. You get punished for damaging the templar and most of the time the skill just shuts down offence because you did some random dmg to them.

Gap closer: Strongest gap closer in the game by far. Super fast its almost like a teleport with a build in cc that lasts 3s. Proc off balance which is basically a 10% dmg buff on gap close. Also proc burning light which makes it the most damaging gap closer in the game as it easily get an added 4-6k tooltip. So it stuns + high dmg + gives 10% dmg boost.

The class has lots of sustain. I run 1600 regen on my magplar and sustain just fine. Via minor magikasteal from a 28m aoe free debuff skill. + mega sustain from a very cheap armour buff.

Personally for me the purify + bubble are too overtuned.

Purify simply does way too many things for 1 skill. Group purge/ self purge, healing. dmg and aoe snare....

The bubble is annoyingly designed. I know its meant to be defensive but straight up cutting mobility which ends up stopping your offensive alltogther from dmging once annoys me. Maybe the cooldown per person should be increased. The heal is fine and its more designed to be strong via many in a sense. Although most of the time you can fully proc the heal on your own. Maybe cap the heals one person can proc but then increase the amount it can proc from multiple people?

PS4 EU DC

• Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For example : Best instant ult in the game currently because it doesnt have a cast time, which to be clear im against all cast times on ults.

Purify: Self purge, best group purge via synergy, decently big heal from it. I'm healing people for 2k-3k crit tickm from a passive heal. Massive aoe which if you take the other morph also acts like a very nice aoe dot. Also massive aoe snare.

Living dark: Stupidly designed skill in where you come worse off for actually damaging the templar. Passives heals and passive roots with low cooldown. Next patch its going to be 60% snare which is equally annoying. Its on the level when wings used to shut down ranged builds. You get punished for damaging the templar and most of the time the skill just shuts down offence because you did some random dmg to them.

Gap closer: Strongest gap closer in the game by far. Super fast its almost like a teleport with a build in cc that lasts 3s. Proc off balance which is basically a 10% dmg buff on gap close. Also proc burning light which makes it the most damaging gap closer in the game as it easily get an added 4-6k tooltip. So it stuns + high dmg + gives 10% dmg boost.

The class has lots of sustain. I run 1600 regen on my magplar and sustain just fine. Via minor magikasteal from a 28m aoe free debuff skill. + mega sustain from a very cheap armour buff.

Purify simply does way too many things for 1 skill. Group purge/ self purge, healing. dmg and aoe snare....

The bubble is annoyingly designed. I know its meant to be defensive but straight up cutting mobility which ends up stopping your offensive alltogther from dmging once annoys me. Maybe the cooldown per person should be increased. The heal is fine and its more designed to be strong via many in a sense. Although most of the time you can fully proc the heal on your own. Maybe cap the heals one person can proc but then increase the amount it can proc from multiple people?

You know what's sad, ZOS will listen to posts like this and nerf the crap out of Templars just like they did to every other FOTM class. I've read your posts and your complaints about how frustrating it is to play nightblades. So you know this cycle of "balance" sucks and yet you're advocating ZOS to it anyway.

How original.
    Edited by Joy_Division on October 16, 2019 8:18PM
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You know what's sad, ZOS will listen to posts like this and nerf the crap out of Templars just like they did to every other FOTM class. I've read your posts and your complaints about how frustrating it is to play nightblades. So you know this cycle of "balance" sucks and yet you're advocating ZOS to it anyway.

How original.

You know whats sad, people like you will sit here and jump on any thread that says how strong their mains is. Like literally every thread related to balacing how strong templar is you're there denying it.

Are you really not acknowledging how strong the class is? You happily going to sit there and deny it in some weird attempt to somehow convince people the class isn't strong and half of pvp isn't a templar?

It's very simple they overtuned the class. It was said on the pts and people like you did everything they could to stop zos addressing it so you can get you 3 months of easy mode for your main. Wouldn't have this much complaints if zos sorted the class out before people had to deal with them for 3 months.

It's time to stop, start putting game balance before your bias and selfishness. What actually is sad is people spending so much time avidly defending their main.
    PS4 EU DC

• TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're right. You didn;t say you were asking for a nerf. Rather you'retrying to convince ZOS the skill needs a nerf by being passive aggressive.

Where have you BEEN I miss your comment. Only cinbiri and WoI are still here
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How original.

You know whats sad, people like you will sit here and jump on any thread that says how strong their mains is. Like literally every thread related to balacing how strong templar is you're there denying it.

Are you really not acknowledging how strong the class is? You happily going to sit there and deny it in some weird attempt to somehow convince people the class isn't strong and half of pvp isn't a templar?

It's very simple they overtuned the class. It was said on the pts and people like you did everything they could to stop zos addressing it so you can get you 3 months of easy mode for your main. Wouldn't have this much complaints if zos sorted the class out before people had to deal with them for 3 months.

It's time to stop, start putting game balance before your bias and selfishness. What actually is sad is people spending so much time avidly defending their main.

I think his point is that other classes should be made to be like the plar, while everyone else just wants to destroy the game via cycles of retributive nerfs...
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭

• Empowering Chains
    • Flying Blade

Off balance is an almost redundancy next patch afaik.
    Minor Protection is passively granted by actual damage abilities, nobody is using Charge as a spammable, nor to consistently proc Minor Protection lul.

Flying blade for example?

Deals 2 sets of damage, one on cast, other on recast.
    Interrupts a caster, sets off balance and stuns.
    Grants Major brutality.

Passive 20% damage increase to targets under 25% HP
    15% Reduced cost
    15% Damage bonus against impaired targets
    Twin Blade and Blunt bonus based on weapons used

Easy to make something sound "pretty good" by listing every thing that's possible.
    casparian wrote: »
    Empowering Chains

- grants Empower (maybe not great, but this will grant more damage to magDKs next patch than Off Balance will to magplars)
    - snares the opponent
    - can proc Burning, dealing extra damage and refunding magicka to the caster
    - grants Major Expedition
    - cheap spammable (not really, but you said Toppling was a spammable so...)
    - gap closer
    - undodgeable

There, that’s more things than you listed for Toppling. Nerf Empowering Chains!
    Lmao, what you two fail to realize is that a stun/hard CC overrides any utility that the other gap closers provide (Flying Dagger's cc is dependent on a target casting), which is why I listed Shield Charge as the one gap closer that comes closest to matching Toppling's utility
    Mannix1958 wrote: »

• Empowering Chains
    • Flying Blade

So you're all for nerfs...heard loud and clear

I ask for one skill to be adjusted to be brought in line with other skills and suddenly all the forumplars come out of the woodwork, lol

The solution is pretty clear, tbh. Focused Charge's morphs should offer a choice:
    • Toppling should deal more damage, stun a target, but should no longer proc Off-Balance
    • Explosive should provide AoE Off-Balance on all targets hit within the initial target's radius.

None of this would be an issue if ZOS hadn't decided to remove the minimum range requirement for all gap-closers. If they bring that back then I see no issue in keeping gap closers as is.
  • cmvet
    cmvet
    ✭✭✭

lol, the reason they seem so strong now is because sweeps actually work now. prior to last update you were lucky to be hit by 2 out of 4. Now 3-4 land consistently. The reason the seem over powered is because the channel time is so quick now.

Prior to recent patches, toppling charge was the worst gap closer in the game. Half the time you wouldn't actually gap close, yet get charged for the cast, it was slow and easily avoidable by dodge rolling. Now it actually lands. It's not that templar skills are over powered, it's that we are all being it by them now because they work.
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every class has some skills which are Passive Aggressive. Toppling charge is just one example, if we started crying to Nerf to Every Skill which does more than one thing, we might as well go back and start playing Skyrim.

I do not play Templar as my main, haven't since after Wrothgar i think. But as of today in PVP (noCP) I have no what so ever issues going 1v1 against them with my magDen. Do I win all the time? NO. Sometimes I loose sometimes I win. And that is how it's supposed to be. (Except Nightblades I think, they are in real poor condition IMO. If you see one and go against him/her, expect that 3 or 4 more will be popping up around you)

IMO it's a L2P issue. If you main a particular class and have tough time going against a certain other class, then learn what is that keep killing you and work on a counter for this. Unlike PVE you can't just learn one rotation and expect it to work everywhere. That's the whole point of PVP and the challenges that come with it. Every player can play a certain class in their own way, and every opponent of each class is a different player with different keystrokes. Don't expect your typical PvP skills rotation to work all the time but improvise.

TLDR: Stop Blaming the Skills. A lot of them are already lost into oblivion because of the Nerf-Cries.
    Nerf for the sake of Balance is NOT THE ANSWER.
    Edited by UrbanMonk on October 17, 2019 6:20AM
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.