The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Force pulse only targeting critters?

CaffeinatedMayhem
CaffeinatedMayhem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
What is up with targeting on Force Pulse? I'm having to kill every critter in the vicinity before it will actually target! You know, target, the NPC that's outlined in red? Apparently rats, spider, centipedes, and aything else is more important than what I'm aiming at. Any desto staff attack has a non-zero chance of missing the target, but this is ridiculous. Have to kill 6 spiders now before I can target a mob.I really hope this is slated for fix in Update 24.
  • Isaura
    Isaura
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad someone is pointing that out because I just HATE it when I'm targeting a mob who's perfectly located in front of me... And my char just literally turns around to kill a poor rat who had nothing to do with our quarrel. Happens all the time, and with a lot of different abilities, and it's ridiculous.
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. Fighting Worm Cultists, accidentally nukes a rat. Happens all the time.
  • Foxhearted
    Foxhearted
    ✭✭✭
    This happens to me all the time with other skills and LA too. Guess my characters want to show off their aiming skills at the tiniest critters? That's cool and all but I'm more impressed when they hit the actual target. :p
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    l2p 4head

jk. Never had this problem myself, maybe because I open with AOE which kills any small targets first.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lightning Staff, all the time, everywhere and anything.

It's basically a stick, just throw the damned lightning at what the stick is pointing at!
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    from what ive learned channeled abilitys ranged attacks/ultimates target the lowest health target in front of you not what you are looking at or tabbed so that ice comet hitting a nearby rat isnt a coincidence or accident its coded to do that
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Characters in gaem seem to really hate and prioritize tiny harmless critters. Opening with some single target expensive and powerful thing is not a good idea.
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    from what ive learned channeled abilitys ranged attacks/ultimates target the lowest health target in front of you not what you are looking at or tabbed so that ice comet hitting a nearby rat isnt a coincidence or accident its coded to do that

That does seem to make sense of what is happening.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Nah, it's mostly like map errors, I see it in trials. Ever die to the AoE underneath a dragon in Sunspire, but you're near the back of the DPS group? Same thing. Just really REALLY annoying, and I swear it's worse in gamepadUI.