Maintenance for the week of October 14:
• [COMPLETE] NA megaservers login – October 16,  6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] EU megaservers login – October 16,  6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 16,  6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Dear ZOS, Please give books their own, separate item count.

Alexsae
Alexsae
✭✭✭
It would be so nice to have a fully stocked library with all of the lore books, without taking away from the home's main item count. There are some notable homes out there that would make great libraries, but there just aren't enough slots to go around.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd to be able to use more books without the loss of other items. I would also like to see more filled versions of the existing bookcases.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frankly housing items just needs to be boosted 4x what they currently are for ESO+ and 2x for non eso plus.

    The servers can handle it, the issue is data cost. ZOS can afford it, but they would rather stunt the game by using sub-par services.
    CREATING IN GAME PROBLEMS TO OFFER YOU CROWN STORE SOLUTIONS
    THIS IS ALL RATHER INSIDIOUS AND CRINGEWORTHY -R
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EQ2 did this in the first year or so of launching
    Books ceased to count as furnishings entirely, which allowed some really spectacular libraries
    I support this idea in ESO completely, even though it wouldn't really impact item counts in most houses, it would allow for a much more detailed and awesome looking library.
    As it is, if you want to make one house a library, you basically have to throw out more than half your item count to allow for the 300+ books there are. That doesn't leave a lot of room for making the house itself look nice.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Skyrim, the bookshelves in the houses were a type of container. So, you'd open the each shelf of the bookcase and fill it with books. There were a certain number that would fit on the shelf, depending on its size. Then you could click on a book and read it.

    It would be great if they implemented that functionality in ESO. Where we can store books in bookshelves, so they're essentially in storage and not count towards the item limit. But, you could still access and read them from the bookshelf.
  • ErinM31
    ErinM31
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    In Skyrim, the bookshelves in the houses were a type of container. So, you'd open the each shelf of the bookcase and fill it with books. There were a certain number that would fit on the shelf, depending on its size. Then you could click on a book and read it.

    It would be great if they implemented that functionality in ESO. Where we can store books in bookshelves, so they're essentially in storage and not count towards the item limit. But, you could still access and read them from the bookshelf.

    If bookshelves were containers, however, would you see the books themselves on the shelves? Could you control how they are placed and arranged? Could you place other items on bookshelves? Although it can be tedious to place books, to me it is worth it to be totally customizable. I would like to see higher item counts though, any way it could be done.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A suggestion would be to have a row of books type of furnishing which contains all the books in a collection, and this could be bought from the mages guild. Thus you can place the rows of books in empty bookcases!
    [a]kind.hero (PC/EU)
  • mrsrobot
    mrsrobot
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it would be easier to buy a set of books that had 12 books and count as 1 item but you can use each individual book. You could break it down into 2 sets of 6 books for an item count of 2. Or 3 sets of 4 books, item count 3. Or 4 sets of 3 books, item count 4. This would make filling the shelves easier.
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    or they could count as the same type of furnishing as undaunted busts/trophies. That way we could at least save a hundred slots or so if we want to do a library house.
  • ErinM31
    ErinM31
    ✭✭✭✭
    Earrindo wrote: »
    or they could count as the same type of furnishing as undaunted busts/trophies. That way we could at least save a hundred slots or so if we want to do a library house.

    I do like the idea of books (at least the Mages’ guild reprints) not taking up inventory space and being placeable in as many of my homes as I wish, but then there would be a lower limit on how many books you could place in any home. Plus maybe you’d like your library to be filled with golden busts and statuettes? Better I think to make one total furnishing limit regardless of type (unless there is a system reason for this? I have no idea) and then you could place all your special collectibles if you wish or none of them and place extra traditional furnishings.

    I like ideas for more options and easing inventory management. I just wouldn’t want to lose options and customization ability that we currently have. More is always welcome. :3
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    kind_hero wrote: »
    A suggestion would be to have a row of books type of furnishing which contains all the books in a collection, and this could be bought from the mages guild. Thus you can place the rows of books in empty bookcases!

    There is a furnishing you can but that’s a generic row of books that fits on a shelf but OP wants to customize by placing individual books with unique names. Some of the individual books even have special animations like the cheese book that glows (sorry can’t remember the name of it)
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
Sign In or Register to comment.