The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Shield reduction via battle spirit

laissezfaire
laissezfaire
✭✭✭
Can we remove the 50% shield reduction from battle spirit since the Magicka-based shields that were the problem are capped by health now? Health-based shields are garbage in pvp and could be useful if battle spirit was modified. Just a thought.
Edited by laissezfaire on October 10, 2019 6:42PM
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep Hardened Ward is weak.
  • chrightt
    chrightt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds good actually. I don’t even run ward on my sorc and definitely won’t be running it in dragonhold build. Balancing shield by max health rather than shield size sounds great (should definitely be less than 60% max health though or it’ll be pretty OP).
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems pretty fine the way it is now.

If people do half dmg, shields are half value.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People are tanky enough as it is in Cyrodil. They don't need more shields. Survival is about more than just shielding up and face-tanking your opponent. It's also about properly weaving in defensive blocking and learning how to kite your opponent, as well as using surrounding features as LoS options. It's about using multiple sources of mitigation and carefully balancing those with the need to retain enough burst and/or DoT dmg to be effective. More shields would just lead to players whining for more dmg, which would then make others whine for more powerful shields, and the cycle goes on and on and on...
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • laissezfaire
    laissezfaire
    ✭✭✭
    Just trying to increase build diversity and make health-based shields useful in pvp. My bad.