The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Best trait for single-bar lightning staff and heavy attacking

malistorr
malistorr
✭✭✭✭
Hi all,

I've been running a 1-bar mag sorc the whole time I've been playing ESO and I pretty much just heavy attack except for using WOE and some buff skills. I have the Infallible Aether and Undaunted Infiltrator sets to get the 2-boots to heavy attack damage. I just this week passed vMA my 1st 3-times and I'm farming for the Maelstrom lightning staff. Once I get it, I was thinking of single-barring it and ditching my monster set. I will still use a full set of IA and UI and then the Maelstrom lightning staff for the 3rd boost to my HA. In this specific scenario, which glyph/enchant and trait do you think will give me the best dps for my HAs? I was thinking shock glyph infused to get the HA benefits from concussion/off-balance and be able to proc the glyph as often as possible. Do you agree and why/why not? Remember that I only need to buff my HA as much as possible (buffing WOE would be nice as well but not nearly as important as my HA). Focus on keeping concussion/off-balance up as much as possible to get the 70% HA damage bonus.

Besides that question, can someone explain to me how the concussion/off-balance will work if I do go shock/infused under the current patch? For example, off-balance now lasts 7-seconds if I remember correctly. If I trigger it and it does last that long, how long until I'd be able to trigger it again? And does that time change on trash mob vs. boss for example?

Thanks in advance.
Edited by malistorr on October 10, 2019 4:32PM
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    infused shock enchant would probably be the best, as you said, more enchant damage and basically the same chance for concussed from eh enchant as charger( charged adds 220%, so the enchant goes from 40%, with destro staff passives , to 84% with charged but infused is double the proc rate, so 40% every 2 seconds instead every 84% 4 seconds and you get 30% more damage when the enchant does proc).
    Besides that question, can someone explain to me how the concussion/off-balance will work if I do go shock/infused under the current patch? For example, off-balance now lasts 7-seconds if I remember correctly. If I trigger it and it does last that long, how long until I'd be able to trigger it again? And does that time change on trash mob vs. boss for example?

off balance immunity only applies to boss mobs, regular mobs and players can be set off balance indefinitely. boss mobs have a 20 second cooldown between when off balance procs, so can you get an up time of about 35%, 7/20.
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this might help...you practically there now.....https://www.xynodegaming.com/easysorc
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks OG. And Joxer, I've already seen that. Not what I'm doing at all. He's using a monster set, I'm not. He's using serveral skills for DPS and I'm not. My play style is actually much easier than his, as it doesn't require bar-swapping and I don't light attack and/or weave at all. You didn't answer what I asked at all but thanks anyway.
    Edited by malistorr on October 10, 2019 4:58PM
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharpened will probably be the best since I doubt you are reaching the pen cap.
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since I'm a max-level mag sorc with all the passives I put about 40-points (blue CP) into spell penn. So I'm close to 9,000 myself. So in a skilled raid group I should be close to max I think. So since I want to max out concussion and off-balance to get the 70% HA damage bonus, I think infused is best for me. Maybe some day I'll get really bored and have lots of spare transmute crystals to test it.
    Edited by malistorr on October 11, 2019 2:20PM