The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

~ The Personality Request Thread ~

drkfrontiers
drkfrontiers
✭✭✭✭✭
Personalities a really cool for adding humour, fun and depth to one's characters.

Please could I ask that you add more to the store? Pretty please?

Some fun ones I would certainly pay for:

Infected

IDLE - shivering; occasional coughing fit +/ blowing nose
WALK/RUN - occasional sneeze

Drama queen

IDLE - occasional throwing tantrum; crossing arms + stomping feet.
WALK/RUN - grabbing ones head in fit of rage at the injustice of it all.

Nightwatchmen

IDLE - stand on guard with a slight falling asleep, nodding-off
WALK/RUN - looking around with a lit lantern

Vampire

IDLE - discomfortable, shielding eyes from the sun
WALK/RUN - Slight blurred motion animation

OR (not sure if this is possible)

IDLE - (day time) smoke/ steam coming off player is they burn in the sun + occasionally shielding eyes from the sun
IDLE - (night time) occasionally crossing their arms and closing their eyes as though they are in a coffin
WALK/RUN (day time) - panicky patting smoke off their clothing as they fight the urge to burst into flame
WALK/RUN (night time) - Slight blurred motion animation like an apparition

Werewolf

IDLE - trying to force away transformation and howling at the moon
WALK/RUN - occasionally dropping into a four-legged run

Please share any that you would like to see added!
Edited by drkfrontiers on October 9, 2019 4:02PM
"One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star."
~ Friedrich Nietzsche
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like a variant of the Scholar personality, with the character reading, turning a page from now and then, droping the book for a while (wondering, etc), then resuming reading. Would be nice to work while seated or when using the Khajiit mastercrafted bench.

[PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Frightened

IDLE: Cowering; looking side to side and turning around wide-eyed with fear in their face
    WALKING: A hangered stumble with occasional shrieks of terror.

Perfect for PvE'ers venturing into PvP content for skill grind, etc.
    Edited by Odovacar on October 9, 2019 1:30PM
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about "Mad(wo)man" seems like a nice one to earn from our favorite uncle who's always giving us good touches.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Werewolf

WALKING - occasionally dropping into a four-legged run

Beast personality is already in game.
    https://youtu.be/TLSflcgit3Q
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OP you forgot to add the running animation and sprint animations...nobody is using walkings at all or jogging so we must have run and sprint animations.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You just might get a better reaction posting this in the official Crown Store Wish List thread as most of these would end up in the crown store anyhow.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/146991/crown-store-item-wish-list/p1
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There was a thread like this a while ago with some good suggestions.... I can't find it anymore. ;c

I still want a nun/monk personality that has praying as the idle pose.

Edit: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6217834#Comment_6217834
    Here it is, if anybody wants to read some more nice ideas :)
    Edited by Raisin on October 9, 2019 3:19PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like personalities with more subtlety in their poses and idle animations (having both subtle and more over-the-too options could make everyone happy). From what I have seen Commander, Duchess, Heroic and Thief are too exaggerated for my taste.
  • drkfrontiers
    drkfrontiers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chrlynsch wrote: »

Werewolf

WALKING - occasionally dropping into a four-legged run

Beast personality is already in game.
    https://youtu.be/TLSflcgit3Q

Oh WOW thanks for sharing!!
    "One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star."
    ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont know about personality but i want a posture that my character holds his/her one handed or two handed sword on its shoulder.

like golden knight's stance or one the Khajiit artwork in ESL where it holds two maces on his shoulder.
  • drkfrontiers
    drkfrontiers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    You just might get a better reaction posting this in the official Crown Store Wish List thread as most of these would end up in the crown store anyhow.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/146991/crown-store-item-wish-list/p1

Thanks matey - I posted there hoping the devs see my humble plea :p
    ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
  • wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some personalities that adjust your combat stance so not everyone wields their weapon in the same manner.

(Just tired of holding 2 hander like a baseball bat lol)
    Edited by wild_kmacdb16_ESO on October 9, 2019 4:10PM
  • drkfrontiers
    drkfrontiers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some personalities that adjust your combat stance so not everyone wields their weapon in the same manner.

(Just tired of holding 2 hander like a baseball bat lol)

This is really a cool idea - share some ideas! :)
    ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Be careful what you wish for! I enjoy the Beast and Worm Wizard personalities, but the idea of getting them via Crown Store sounds awful. We need more personalities that are tied to in-game achievements. We already have enough crap items in Crown Store.
  • drkfrontiers
    drkfrontiers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Donny_Vito wrote: »

Be careful what you wish for! I enjoy the Beast and Worm Wizard personalities, but the idea of getting them via Crown Store sounds awful. We need more personalities that are tied to in-game achievements. We already have enough crap items in Crown Store.

I hear you - if it were up to me I would have it all as achievements - its so much more rewarding to acquire something through effort. I support you 1000%
    ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
  • MjolnirVilkas
    MjolnirVilkas
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking about a "make your own personality". Something like that could be added to the game. Like, choosing different parts of existing personalities into your own unique one, for example, setting idle from Commander personality, walk from dutches, sprint from assassin etc.

I think that would be pretty cool. Kinda like outfits, but for personalities.
    Sick liaisons raised this monumental mark
    The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park