The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Vahlokzin's Lair ("The Horn of J'darri" quest) bug...

milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey, guys! After following Sai Sahan to Vahlokzin's lair, I had to log out at the beginning to run errands.

After logging back in, the game kicked me out to Dark Water Lair in Eastmarch. I went back in but Sai Sahan is gone, and I can't get back to Vahlokzin's lair. Is this a bug, or is there a way to pick the quest back up? I'm afraid if I abandon it I won't be able to reacquire it (and I don't even know where I would go to do so).

Thanks, folks!
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UPDATE: I just figured it out.

After hopping to ports all over the world and being lead on a merry boat chase, I ported back to Eastmarch to see if I could find Dark Water Lair again.

There is a horse near Kynesgrove wayshrine (Peri). He takes you to the Abbey of Blades where you ride another horse (Piivot) to the dragon's lair.

Whew! That was a chore...
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you!!!
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • woodsielord
    woodsielord
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for fixing the game for ZOS.
  • loonyboyx
    loonyboyx
    Thank you! I was just having the same issues.
  • HeatherV
    HeatherV
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you I had the same problem :)
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    I did a fair bit of running around also; just kept going on the horsie merry go round also until I got to where I needed to be...
    Playing on PC/NA---UserID=Threemoons--usually on nights, weekends
  • Iman_Oldie
    Iman_Oldie
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately I'm not having as much luck. I got to the horse near Kynesgrove wayshrine (Peri) and there is another white marker there to go directly to the Lair but can't select it. The Peri marker is black.
    If I take the Peri marker I end up in a loop and just repeat the sequence.
    This may have occurred because I did reach the end to face Vahlokzin but kept dying so exited the game to try another day but since then can't make progress.
    I did lodge a bug report from within the game but haven't heard anything.

https://flic.kr/p/2htf9MF
    Edited by Iman_Oldie on October 11, 2019 7:40AM
    PS4 N/A
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UPDATE: I just figured it out.

After hopping to ports all over the world and being lead on a merry boat chase, I ported back to Eastmarch to see if I could find Dark Water Lair again.

There is a horse near Kynesgrove wayshrine (Peri). He takes you to the Abbey of Blades where you ride another horse (Piivot) to the dragon's lair.

Whew! That was a chore...

Thank you for this tip! I had logged out before going to Vahlokzin's Lair, and the quest markers kept getting me back and forth from Alik'r to Stormhaven :smiley:
  • Iman_Oldie
    Iman_Oldie
    ✭✭
    Thanks Jaimeh, that worked for me. What a relief. Now just to find someone doing it at the same time as me as I die at the end.
    PS4 N/A
  • Moonclaw
    Moonclaw
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you !
    I had to interrupt quest for an emergency and was going nuts trying to get back on track !
  • Cerato
    Cerato
    Soul Shriven
    Same here. You saved a lot us time and frustration. Thank you!
  • amberctempleb16_ESO
    amberctempleb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    This post saved my life!! I left the Valley halfway through Dragonguards Legacy and couldn’t figure out how to get back! Went to Kynesgrove wayshrine, jumped on a horse, then again at the next stop, and once more from the desert and here I am! Thank you so much!!
  • stateofmetal
    stateofmetal
    Soul Shriven
    Just went through the same issue. Thanks for posting.
  • Marcus_rogue62
    Marcus_rogue62
    Soul Shriven
    I have got to the point where I fight the dragon. But on thee second attack I just cant kill it.

Any ideas where I might have gone wrong?
  • Gorakiki
    Gorakiki
    Thank you! I went nuts trying to pick the quest back up!