The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which DK Spec for no-CP

Ucarious
Ucarious
✭✭✭
So I wanted to make a DK and mostly do no-cp PvP. I was wondering which spec you guys think is better for that, Mag or Stam?
  • Udrath
    Udrath
    ✭✭✭✭
    Both are pretty solid. At the moment magdk synergies really well with the dots. Stamdk is just as good with dizzy swing. It's more preference. Do you like stamina or magicka? Go nord for either imo. Sustaining is super easy on magdk.

When playing nord magdk I used blood spawn/crafty alfiq/spinners front bar. Death wind SnB back bar. Really strong and tanky.

When playing nord stamdk I used blood spawn/medium clever alchy/all infused weapon damage jewerly hundings. Spriggans would be better. Hits very very hard.
  • Ucarious
    Ucarious
    ✭✭✭
    Udrath wrote: »
    Both are pretty solid. At the moment magdk synergies really well with the dots. Stamdk is just as good with dizzy swing. It's more preference. Do you like stamina or magicka? Go nord for either imo. Sustaining is super easy on magdk.

When playing nord magdk I used blood spawn/crafty alfiq/spinners front bar. Death wind SnB back bar. Really strong and tanky.

When playing nord stamdk I used blood spawn/medium clever alchy/all infused weapon damage jewerly hundings. Spriggans would be better. Hits very very hard.

Well I usually enjoy mag a lot more than stam but for some reason enjoy both specs on dk but am looking for one to sink the majority of my time into learning and with the dswing changes coming in the next patch does that mean anything for stamdk?
    Edited by Ucarious on October 8, 2019 12:45PM
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ucarious wrote: »
    So I wanted to make a DK and mostly do no-cp PvP. I was wondering which spec you guys think is better for that, Mag or Stam?

for NO-CP:

magDK needs light armor to do any significant damage. You also need stamina for cc breaks and occasional dodge. this usually results in bright-throat with spring loaded or shacklebreaker with tri-stat/clockwork. then you add in a damage set (spinners, burning spellweave, scathing mage, moon hunter) and lastly you pair a monster set such as bloodspawn, chudan, valkyn, troll king, thurvoken, or grothdar.

The problem with magDK is that they are melee fighters with poor mobility and are extremely squishy in light armor. Your damage will not feel very bursty (think 5K leaps compared to 10K onslaughts). The hardest hitting ability is a primed 3 stack molten whip that can't be spammed due to the necessary stacking component to make it hit hard.

Your primary strength is the greatest CC in the game - fossilize. it is awesome - no doubt. but, the damage you will take awhile and despite cauterize and coag heals, you can be globaled in your light armor very easy.

best of luck with magdk.

For stamDK - you have the 2H weapon line to be instant meta viable due to the strength of executioner, dizzy swing and onslaught. If you prefer, you can also go more attrition style and load people up with dots (rend, claw, noxious) and pop corrosive with fury weapon damage stacking as you beat people down over time.

my 2 cents
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • SipofMaim
    SipofMaim
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're not invested yet and want to focus on pvp, pick stamina. MagDK in good hands can be very good, but so is StamDK, and your journey will be a lot smoother if you stick with and master stamina.
  • Ucarious
    Ucarious
    ✭✭✭
    I was building towards stam for the dizzy->leap dunk burst with dots and stuff but now with dswing getting the shaft in the next patch and dots not looking like a complete joke it seems magdk might be more worth. Can any dk players gimme some insight?

I don't mind the fact magdk is a melee range pvper either btw
    Edited by Ucarious on October 10, 2019 4:54PM
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stamina. Nord. 7 Heavy.

rocc
    PC EU
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're planning on trying to narrow it to 1v1's in BG's or no-Cp Cyro etc, just go MagDK - Absolute walk in the park in those situations.

All you do in No-CP is spend 4 seconds dotting up, hit them with the unblockable CC then ult, done.
    Can just run max damage (Or can run fully assisted sets like OS, Shadowrend etc;), SNB backbar and Mist Form like the rest of them to run away.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • devilsTear
    devilsTear
    ✭✭✭
    I have good success with
    2p bloodspawn
    5p shackle on the body
    5p 7th legion on the jewels and s&b bar
    Asylum maul
    5/1/1 medium

I'm a solo Q'er and this works for me.
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been having a blast with my Nord StamDK with Witchman + Champion of the Hist + Bloodspawn. Hits like a ton of bricks, has a ton of sustain (despite the low recovery), and leaps constnatly.

Build: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=182533
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been having a blast with my Nord StamDK with Witchman + Champion of the Hist + Bloodspawn. Hits like a ton of bricks, has a ton of sustain (despite the low recovery), and leaps constnatly.

Build: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=182533

Have you tried turn evil instead of petrify? The cost is prohibitively expensive.