Maintenance for the week of January 30:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – January 30
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – February 1, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – February 1, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)
The Scribes of Fate DLC and Update 37 base game patch are now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Update on ESO Launcher and Catalina OS

  • nathan_bri
    nathan_bri
    ✭✭✭✭
    As someone who has used the Apple Macintosh as his primary computer since 1984, when it came out, I strongly advise people wait at least six months before updating to their latest operating system. Give Apple time to work out all the kinks that inevitably creep up as well as give developers time to adapt. Yes, devs get pre-release versions, but it sometimes takes much longer to adapt, especially if the dev relies on third party development for things like the Launcher.
  • nathan_bri
    nathan_bri
    ✭✭✭✭
    fiender66 wrote: »
    I'm currently playing ESO on Mac (Mac Book Pro, eGPU, external 2TB HD, Mojave) without problems. Dualshock 4 works great, with or w/o Steam. The only hassle is that the eso.app takes ages to close, so often I must resort to force quit.
    All in all, my experience on Mac is fully comparable to that on PC, but the better implementation of the PS4 controller makes me prefer Mac.

    So you are not dealing with the world-spin simulator that I am seeing even this morning in ESO, as well as the lower frame rates compared to running via Bootcamp?
    Edited by nathan_bri on December 2, 2019 3:40PM
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    Im also having the best and smoothest gameplay experience since Murkmire issues first arose. No crashes, no rubberbandiing, freeze frames etc loading screen are normal nothing unusual.

    Framerate has been decent. ping is livable not causing much issue-- occasionally spikes in large RvR fights in cyrodiil but overall a smooth experience except for the need to to still force quit the program.
    nathan_bri wrote: »
    fiender66 wrote: »
    I'm currently playing ESO on Mac (Mac Book Pro, eGPU, external 2TB HD, Mojave) without problems. Dualshock 4 works great, with or w/o Steam. The only hassle is that the eso.app takes ages to close, so often I must resort to force quit.
    All in all, my experience on Mac is fully comparable to that on PC, but the better implementation of the PS4 controller makes me prefer Mac.

    So you are not dealing with the world-spin simulator that I am seeing even this morning in ESO, as well as the lower frame rates compared to running via Bootcamp?

    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

    ― Louise L. Hay
  • THEMACGOD
    THEMACGOD
    Soul Shriven
    Hello! So, this still seems to be an issue with the Steam version launching (from the launcher, from Steam) into a white window that nothing happens in. Any ideas on how to get that fixed?

    Thanks!
  • Deeprave
    Deeprave
    ✭✭
    THEMACGOD wrote: »
    Hello! So, this still seems to be an issue with the Steam version launching (from the launcher, from Steam) into a white window that nothing happens in. Any ideas on how to get that fixed?

    Thanks!

    It's still an issue on any method of launching - via steam, ZOS launcher and eso.app directly on Catalina.

    The workaround for this issue is to resize the window slightly: once the window refreshes it's all good. It is very annoying to have to do this.


  • thedavidventer
    thedavidventer
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

    Today, a new Operating System – Catalina – came out for Mac players. While this OS was in beta, we discovered some compatibility issues with it and the ESO launcher. We’ve been working on an update for the launcher to support Catalina, and plan to release it in the very near future.

    In the meantime, our Mac players have a couple possible options. If you have not yet updated your OS, you will still be able to play the game normally. If you’ve already updated your OS to Catalina, you can temporarily launch ESO through the executable file. We hope to have an update for everyone later this week. Thanks for your patience.

    Hi, the launcher works fine on macOS Catalina, but please fix the fullscreen implementation. When in the game, in fullscreen mode, I am unable to swipe out of the game so I can't do anything else on my Mac (like viewing discord, and browsing the web for help/tips etc.) while playing. The current implementation of full screen mode is not the correct way to do it in macOS.

    Also, Wireless controller support is now 'built-in' as standard 'out-of-the-box' support on macOS Catalina, no third-party drivers or workarounds required. My Xbox One Bluetooth controller works great in many games, except for Elder Scrolls Online. Controller support is broken on ESO. I can move my character and pan the camera but the other action buttons are broken; some activating the wrong action and others not working at all. Please fix!

    Edited by thedavidventer on April 7, 2020 9:45AM
    David Venter - Digital Creator, macOS Gamer, Graphic Designer, Music Producer
    Official Website | Facebook (Page) | Facebook (Profile) | Instagram | Twitter | Other Links
  • Veladros
    Veladros
    ✭✭
    Hey

    I am unable to update my launcher. Im running on Catalina 10.15.7.

    I was starting the game via the eso.app because the launcher would not update. Now a new launcher is out I tried to start it and its stuck in 'loading'.

    I tried reinstalling launcher and still the issue persists.

    ysjwz2wmdptc.png
  • Inoki
    Inoki
    ✭✭✭
    Veladros wrote: »
    Hey

    I am unable to update my launcher. Im running on Catalina 10.15.7.

    I was starting the game via the eso.app because the launcher would not update. Now a new launcher is out I tried to start it and its stuck in 'loading'.

    I tried reinstalling launcher and still the issue persists.

    ysjwz2wmdptc.png

    I got this same screen when I tried to play the game via CrossOver. Maybe Catalina is the issue? And why would you actually stay on an older version of the OS?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    With this thread now over two years old we've decided to close the discussion. Please make a new thread if there are no recent threads ongoing for the issue you're currently having.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.