The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Where did all the Mountain Flower go?

FlopsyPrince
FlopsyPrince
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I am seeing this very rarely now. I am seeing Corn Flower more often though. Did they just change the table so Mountain Flower will now be the hard to find one?
PC
PS4/PS5
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you checked the mountains?
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve always found more cornflower than mountain flower, but the former is so easy to spot, so I don’t know.
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I picked them? I found a ton of both those, cornflowers and columbine in the last week. Personally I'm seeing a lot less bugloos around, I suspect the rng is just doing its job.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 rules to farming

If you are looking for it, you won't find it.

If you don't need it, you will trip over it.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen plenty of Mountain Flower on PC/NA. Lot's of Cornflower as well. One thing I have noticed is ZOS must love Lady Smock as I see it the most and have more than I will ever use stashed in my craft bag.
  • Airyus
    Airyus
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    2 rules to farming

If you are looking for it, you won't find it.

If you don't need it, you will trip over it.

Hate how this is so true..... farmed BSW sharpened flame staff once (before trait change) must’ve been over 100 runs and nothing. Gave up on it.... then got it in a pledge drop two days later.

I kept the 5 sharpened sunderflame flame staves I found though... because why not.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That is not entirely true. I just kind of pay attention to whatever I pickup while questing and such. I rarely have a specific target. Turning on the "notice it" skill helps light them up, but I almost ran out of Mountain Flower on EU with normal level 4 dailies whereas I am starting to restock Cornflower recently.

I got one Mountain Flower just now in Northern Elsweyr because it was so rare, but that is the only one I have seen in the past few days.

My experience convinces me it is not an even spread, but that they *** the amounts somehow.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Part of your problem might be where you are gathering. Northern Elsweyr is crowded so nodes are going to be picked off pretty regularly as folks work on event related tasks. You might try some of the older or larger beginning city areas such as Deshaan of Glenumbra. I always see a good variety of alchemy nodes when I'm in them.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Part of your problem might be where you are gathering. Northern Elsweyr is crowded so nodes are going to be picked off pretty regularly as folks work on event related tasks. You might try some of the older or larger beginning city areas such as Deshaan of Glenumbra. I always see a good variety of alchemy nodes when I'm in them.

I do very little in Northern Elsweyr. It seems to have a node every few feet when I am trying to run to a dragon or survey though.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Young girls picked them, every one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1tqtvxG8O4
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I still find Mountain Flower all over the place. I've noticed my stock of it going down a bit now that I've moved my non-top tier alchemists to level 3 from level 1. And, now my Cornflower stock is increasing. Why? Because tiers 1 and 2 require Cornflower, whereas tier 3 requires Mountain Flower and no longer requires Cornflower.

I've done the trick with Alchemy surveys where you reset it if you don't like it's current selection. And, it's been much harder for me to get Cornflower to appear than it is for me to NOT have Mountain Flower appear.

Both my experience and yours are, of course, anecdotal, and not real evidence of any kind of change or lack thereof.