The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

What's the best thing you've gotten out of a Nerfalimaragus’s Strongbox so far?

RaveRaveRaveRave
RaveRaveRaveRave
✭✭✭
Just curious because I got nothing but straight junk. I got Mummified Alfiq parts once I guess but I've only gotten a small handful of Nerfilarmagus Strongboxes so far.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What do you mean by "junk"? Or rather, what have you gotten that you consider junk?
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on October 4, 2019 6:50AM
  • AndyMac
    AndyMac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Got an Anequina Chest motif from my first box - my plan to get the Elsweyr motifs done on the cheap is going great :)
    Edited by AndyMac on October 4, 2019 7:33AM
    Andymac - Magicka DK - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Haul" from 3 boxes: Set pieces, 2 Dragon Bile, 5 Deni and a 250 gold trash item.

How often do the boxes themselves drop? So far I've killed 2 Orcrest bosses and 2 Rimmen Necropolis bosses, and gotten 3 boxes total.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on October 4, 2019 7:10AM
  • Nirntrotter
    Nirntrotter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got an Anequina motif page. Pretty lacklustre otherwise. If it wasn't for the donations I would absolutely not go out of my way to farm extra dragons. The document pouches they drop are more exciting to be honest.
    Grand Warlord Arodel, Gryphon Heart
    <Serenity>
    AD MagDK, *2014, PC-EU | 49k+ achievement points
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aileidian bookshelf furniture plan :trollface:
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aneq and Peli motif pages. Wonder what even are chances of dropping Nafaalilargus' box from a boss creature.
  • Gadamlub14_ESO
    Gadamlub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing particularly worth mentioning over 750-1200gp via ttc estimates. But I’ve only gotten 2 or 3 so far
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did 2 vSS runsand didn't get a single one from them,but I dropped 100% from the overland. 3 dragons total in overland.
    Edited by MehrunesFlagon on October 4, 2019 7:57AM
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe the box colour should be purple instead. Or even blue.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the best thing you've gotten out of a Nerfalimaragus’s Strongbox so far?

An enormous sense of anticlimactic disappointment.

• Yuffie91
    Yuffie91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing special really. Tbh I have gotten more recipes from the blue bag dragons drop lol
  • TragedyOA
    TragedyOA
    ✭✭✭✭
    AndyMac wrote: »
    Got an Anequina Chest motif from my first box - my plan to get the Elsweyr motifs done on the cheap is going great :)

Snap.
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pellitine motif (chests iirc)
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If every strongbox contained something special, none of them would contain anything special. ;)
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Keledus
    Keledus
    ✭✭✭
    A elsweyr pattern worth a 150k gold.
    PC - EU
  • Matthew_Galvanus
    Matthew_Galvanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i got Anequina and Pellitine motif pages which makes me happy. this is going to reduce the prices of both, so whatever ones i dont have by the end of the event i can buy for cheap
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got a rock....
  • Dragonredux
    Dragonredux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragon's Blood I suppose is the best thing I've gotten so far, seems to be digested pack V2.0 so far.
  • Matthew_Galvanus
    Matthew_Galvanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragon's Blood I suppose is the best thing I've gotten so far, seems to be digested pack V2.0 so far.

keep at it. dragon blood is a good moneymaker, plus motif pages still sell for a small, but tidy sum, also don't forget to do your daily quests, thats another chance for boxes+ motif pages.

*Edit*

Oh and deconstruct any elsweyr set gear because it's default style is either Anequina, or Pellatine, which gives Shimmering Sand and Dragonthread respectively.
    Edited by Matthew_Galvanus on October 4, 2019 10:41AM
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So nobody actually noticed how OP played with Nafaalilargus' name :')
    PC|EU
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How often they meant to drop? Got one on first dragon and next 7 nothing
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anequina and pellatine motifs, rest has been craft mats and “treasure” items (or as I call em selling items).

it’s better than nothing though
    Edited by Shadow_Akula on October 4, 2019 10:57AM
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apart from some Mummified Alfiq parts, only stuff that would drop from the dragons anyway...
    PC EU & NA
  • wolfbone
    wolfbone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've only gotten one so far, and just got assorted junk and sellable things.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One Pellitine motif page (belts)
    That's it. Everything else has just been minor stuff. My luck has been pretty bad.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I killed 4 or 5 dragons. Only got one box. Do you have to do this on multiple characters or something?
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    I killed 4 or 5 dragons. Only got one box. Do you have to do this on multiple characters or something?
    I've gotten more than one gold box on the same character. You seem to get more gold boxes if you use multiple characters, though, or at least that's how it seems to me.
  • Inaya
    Inaya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got about 8 last night all on one character including some from nodes. Got a Pelletine Motif and misc items worth between 250 and 1000 gold.

The box is a nice little extra drop with the chance of containing rare items. Rng is Rng folks.
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I killed about a dozen dragons and one WB. I got 5 boxes, and one of those found in a node. Seems to be in the hands of RNG.
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    I've gotten more than one gold box on the same character. You seem to get more gold boxes if you use multiple characters, though, or at least that's how it seems to me.

I only have one character.
    Edited by pdblake on October 4, 2019 12:27PM
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So nobody actually noticed how OP played with Nafaalilargus' name :')

I did but declined to comment on it, figured this might be the only thread in my lifetime that wouldn't mention the word N^^F. You sir are off my Christmas List.