The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How to Siege

• Anony_Mouse
    Anony_Mouse
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a really good guide, thank you! I was wondering if anyone has any info to add about the Lancers?

If you're trying to get your hands on those, you will need acheology. You get a lead by completing the daily missions for 40 players etc. It's the board next to where you get the scroll quests. It does take time to get the lead, you gotta be lucky to have it in your first quest. Altho when in group you can complete these quests unlimited times, if you ask that somebody shares them.

After you found the lead you can adventure out and dig out your treasure (which won't be in Cyrodiil!) - you'll get a reward box that contains your new siege weapon (as one piece) and it will act like all other siege weapons - meaning you can pack / unpack from quick slot bar, repair and burn them.

Placement of this particular siege can sometimes be tricky. If you put it too far away the spread will render ineffective. On other cases it's just what you need to conquer the battle. If you put it too close and are fighting an entire group of "siegers" you gonna have a bad time because you could potentially end up loosing due to everybody focusing on the same target, while others siege your castle.

So to make it clear: It fires multiple ballistics shots at once, that have a seemingly guaranteed chance of applying a status effect (frost, fire, shock). Each ballistics will be seen as a separate aoe field, despite they all coming from the same weapon. The spread of the aoe fields is determined by the distance and height of yourself.

Thank you for the feedback. I forgot this thread existed, but i'll make sure to update it soon.

So if I understand correctly, lancers are a fancier version of Ballistas?
  • Concrete
    Concrete
    ✭✭✭

So if I understand correctly, lancers are a fancier version of Ballistas?

Correct. They fire 5 projectiles similar to ballista (ice, shock or fire) each one does less damage than a ballista, but all 5 do more dmg total. Based on in game results, not actual numbers.
    They fire in a pentagonal pattern from a tight cluster close, to 5 seperate impacts further away.

Lancers also appear to have the furthest range of all siege weapons.

• Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice thanks for sharing.

Be safe and have fun 😁
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great thread!!

When should one stow siege engines? When should one repair them?

I ask in particular around the idea of reusing the rare or expensive ones.
  • maddiniiLuna
    maddiniiLuna
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is now updated with additional Information + the new siege weapons - including a video preview.