The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

POSSIBLE SPOILER [Elsweyr] Prologue versus Trailer versus Twitch

Dusk_Coven
Dusk_Coven
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I seem to remember the Twitch interview saying "it's totally your [the player's] fault" that dragons are released.
The Trailer makes it look like Abnur's fault.
In the prologue quest Abnur tries to fuse the wrathstone to seal the vault. Whereas in the Trailer the Wrathstones have a mind of their own and opens the vault.

So basically... um, WTH?
And did it feel like your fault that the dragons were released?
@ZOS_LeamonTuttle is there a canonical sequence of events?

EDIT: It could also be that in the Prologue, Abnur misinterprets sealing the wrathstone since the red locks (?) on the actual door disappear as he fuses the wrathstones together.
Edited by Dusk_Coven on October 3, 2019 10:16PM
  • Hymzir
    Hymzir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course, I already knew, what the end result was going to be, while running through the prologue, but even so... I felt like the other characters were morons (Especially Abnur, but that's a given - he is a moron.), and was a bit frustrated with there being no real option to point out to the others that maybe this is not such a good idea. And maybe there was a fairly decent reason why the Wrathstone was spilt and hidden and sealed away.

Maybe there was no "secret super weapon" waiting at the end, and maybe there was in fact a bunch of slumbering dragons, which one should well let lie alone. Maybe that is what Khunzar-ri sealed there. I mean, there's a head of one on the frigging Wrathstone for starters. And maybe the Halls of Colossus were built by the dragons in ages past. Would explain the gigantic size of the halls and corridors, and the fact that they predate other people. And then there was the fact that every frigging surface was covered with dragon carvings and statues. That was the most annoying part of the whole thing - gee, I wonder who built this place, I wonder what is at the end. Everyone else is like "Who knows, no way to know." And I am the only one who keeps telling them "Trust me, there be dragons at the end. I mean just look at the damn walls! The secret is dragons you dumb ass morons!"

But no, I did not really feel responsible for the result, I just felt that Abnur is not gonna listen to reason, and I better keep up with him and try to stop him from totally dooming everyone else. If I didn't go with him, he'd go on anyway and muck this up even more. I mean he is a moron, but a capable one, and is in constant need of direct supervision or he will doom us all.

As for the end result, I really did not feel it was my fault. Abnur was just being himself, and *** thigns up for all, and ultimately it wasn't really his fault either. It did take him a ridiclous amount of time to see the obvious, but he did see the light at the end. The end result was really the fault of those stupid goons of Euraxia who went ahead and forced the seal open. Too bad they didn't live to see the results of their own stupidity.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m always breaking stuff.
    Edited by ChunkyCat on October 3, 2019 12:02PM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The elsweyr trailer is a different representation of what happened
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    The elsweyr trailer is a different representation of what happened

The Elsweyr trailer is the OPPOSITE of what happened and actually makes MORE sense considering the stone pieces were kept SEPARATE.
    In the Trailer, the Wrathstone brought together opens the portal.
    In the Prologue, the Wrathstone brought together apparently tries to SEAL the portal.

Opposite.
    To say it is merely "different" is an understatement.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on October 3, 2019 6:14PM
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hymzir wrote: »
    As for the end result, I really did not feel it was my fault. Abnur was just being himself, and *** thigns up for all, and ultimately it wasn't really his fault either. It did take him a ridiclous amount of time to see the obvious, but he did see the light at the end. The end result was really the fault of those stupid goons of Euraxia who went ahead and forced the seal open. Too bad they didn't live to see the results of their own stupidity.

Exactly. You even had a chance to talk Abnur out of it in a fake "choices matter" dialog, so right there a lot of people probably feel they were absolved.
    Where I feel particularly disappointed is the Twitch tease about how it's your fault didn't actually manifest. They wouldn't have said it if it weren't designed to pique your interest. But then they didn't deliver <.<
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on October 3, 2019 7:37PM
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    I seem to remember the Twitch interview saying "it's totally your [the player's] fault" that dragons are released.
    The Trailer makes it look like Abnur's fault.
    In the prologue quest Abnur tries to fuse the wrathstone to seal the vault. Whereas in the Trailer the Wrathstones have a mind of their own and opens the vault.

So basically... um, WTH?
    And did it feel like your fault that the dragons were released?
    @ZOS_LeamonTuttle is there a canonical sequence of events?

EDIT: It could also be that in the Prologue, Abnur misinterprets sealing the wrathstone since the red locks (?) on the actual door disappear as he fuses the wrathstones together.

The trailers are never really reflective of whats happening in game. Its just meant to catch your eye and tell you enough about what the story is going to be about to get you onboard with buying the chapter.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax