Maintenance for the week of October 14:
• [COMPLETE] NA megaservers login – October 16,  6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] EU megaservers login – October 16,  6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 16,  6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Stamina necromancer build for NO-CP BG

festher
festher
✭✭
I have a lot of problems getting a good stamina build for BGs. My stats in no-cp are unplayable. Ive tried those alchast, dottz etc builds but to me they are far from playable in NO-CP.
Right now i wear Blood spawn, Bone Pirate and Briarheart and i would say all my stats are bad (no gold, no nirn atm.)

Stam Recovery 1700
buffed resist 17k
weapon damage 2380
Stamina 27600
Health 23k

i would say only recovery is decent?
Edited by festher on October 2, 2019 10:42PM
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You look squishy.

    I wouldn’t even bother tea bagging you afterwards.
  • chrightt
    chrightt
    ✭✭✭
    Swap Briarheart off to something like Hunding's. You're wearing medium without using a lot of flat weapon damage lines and instead rely on briarheart that is more chance oriented and does not work as well on the long run. Let us assume you can get around 50% critical rate. With 10% chance to proc on crit you're effectively getting only 5% chance to proc briarheart on any given attack. Briarheart buff lasts for 10 seconds but is on a 15 second cool down. This means that your overall value even at its VERY BEST is in a burst period where briarheart is active. 449*(2/3) = 299 weapon damage + heals when crit. Necromancers don't have a lot of innate crit synergy unlike some other classes like stamsorc with hurricane to proc more crits or stamplars that just come with higher crit damage etc. While briarheart is a good set I wouldn't use it on a stamcro because its hard to maintain high up time and its effects just aren't good enough or activated fast enough in battle.

    As for gold, only your weapon needs to be gold. If you don't have gold weapons go farm until you do as it is quite a big jump compared with armor. Also, I suggest wearing 2 heavy 5 medium if you're just starting out your PVP journey because this will greatly increase survivability and help you learn.
  • festher
    festher
    ✭✭
    chrightt wrote: »
    Swap Briarheart off to something like Hunding's. You're wearing medium without using a lot of flat weapon damage lines and instead rely on briarheart that is more chance oriented and does not work as well on the long run. Let us assume you can get around 50% critical rate. With 10% chance to proc on crit you're effectively getting only 5% chance to proc briarheart on any given attack. Briarheart buff lasts for 10 seconds but is on a 15 second cool down. This means that your overall value even at its VERY BEST is in a burst period where briarheart is active. 449*(2/3) = 299 weapon damage + heals when crit. Necromancers don't have a lot of innate crit synergy unlike some other classes like stamsorc with hurricane to proc more crits or stamplars that just come with higher crit damage etc. While briarheart is a good set I wouldn't use it on a stamcro because its hard to maintain high up time and its effects just aren't good enough or activated fast enough in battle.

    As for gold, only your weapon needs to be gold. If you don't have gold weapons go farm until you do as it is quite a big jump compared with armor. Also, I suggest wearing 2 heavy 5 medium if you're just starting out your PVP journey because this will greatly increase survivability and help you learn.

    i got 6 characters at lvl 534 so my journy has been long but i cant get stam to work in BGs. On my mag classes i just put on btb, alfic, shackle, chudan or bs (golded front bar weap). Whatever i do it just works. Heals are good, Shields are good and dmg is good. Resist is shitt but i got fears, streak, cloack and other stuff to mitigate.

    With stam builds it just suck. i useally just run around resource-empty wihtout having killed anything and hitting empty air. suck. even with fortified medium and impreg i just blow up in seconds... its wierd shitt how bad i am with stam and medium.
  • festher
    festher
    ✭✭
    screw it. i go mag. i cant play stam. too much stats missing everywhere.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Real talk tho, I’m definitely eager to see how StamBros cope without dizzy swing.

    Seriously.

  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    festher wrote: »
    screw it. i go mag. i cant play stam. too much stats missing everywhere.
    That's a terrible idea for Necromancer. Unless there are some really major class changes between now and the end of the PTS cycle, and I'm fairly confident that there won't be, Magicka Necromancer is about to be downright awful for an offensive role in PvP.

    You can't accurately judge weapon damage vs spell damage stats when only some of the weapons are gold and/or Nirnhoned - that makes a really huge difference. There are also differences in playstyle that will take getting used to. If you're playing Stamina, especially in medium armor, you can dodge roll and sprint a whole lot more often than Magicka builds can, and you need to utilize that for your mobility and survivability.

    When it comes to facing off against good players that have experience, proper builds, etc...I've long found Stamina classes to, generally speaking, be significantly more dangerous than their Magicka counterparts. They're also almost always able to escape from me more easily, with Mag Sorcs sometimes being an exception.

    Seriously though, unless you're looking to play a dedicated healer build, you don't want to be a Magicka Necromancer next patch.
  • festher
    festher
    ✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    festher wrote: »
    screw it. i go mag. i cant play stam. too much stats missing everywhere.
    That's a terrible idea for Necromancer. Unless there are some really major class changes between now and the end of the PTS cycle, and I'm fairly confident that there won't be, Magicka Necromancer is about to be downright awful for an offensive role in PvP.

    You can't accurately judge weapon damage vs spell damage stats when only some of the weapons are gold and/or Nirnhoned - that makes a really huge difference. There are also differences in playstyle that will take getting used to. If you're playing Stamina, especially in medium armor, you can dodge roll and sprint a whole lot more often than Magicka builds can, and you need to utilize that for your mobility and survivability.

    When it comes to facing off against good players that have experience, proper builds, etc...I've long found Stamina classes to, generally speaking, be significantly more dangerous than their Magicka counterparts. They're also almost always able to escape from me more easily, with Mag Sorcs sometimes being an exception.

    Seriously though, unless you're looking to play a dedicated healer build, you don't want to be a Magicka Necromancer next patch.

    i hear you but i made the changes. Breton, Atronachs, Chudan + Bright + Shacklebreaker (5 light) and did MUCH better (12-4) in my first BG than all the other 50 on the stam counterpart. I also felt much tankier. I also tried 5 heavy with Wyrd Tree's Blessing. Lower dmg ofc but were nearly unkillable. My stats are much better now. Both recovery, healing and shield options and damage. i also have alot more tools to play with. im not a fan of blastbones. so unreliable but that goes for both stam and mag. Entrophy is back on my bar.

    Im probably just really bad with stam. i can never keep them alive. the second i charge in and dizzy im at 25% hp from 3--4 casters in the back.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    festher wrote: »
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    festher wrote: »
    screw it. i go mag. i cant play stam. too much stats missing everywhere.
    That's a terrible idea for Necromancer. Unless there are some really major class changes between now and the end of the PTS cycle, and I'm fairly confident that there won't be, Magicka Necromancer is about to be downright awful for an offensive role in PvP.

    You can't accurately judge weapon damage vs spell damage stats when only some of the weapons are gold and/or Nirnhoned - that makes a really huge difference. There are also differences in playstyle that will take getting used to. If you're playing Stamina, especially in medium armor, you can dodge roll and sprint a whole lot more often than Magicka builds can, and you need to utilize that for your mobility and survivability.

    When it comes to facing off against good players that have experience, proper builds, etc...I've long found Stamina classes to, generally speaking, be significantly more dangerous than their Magicka counterparts. They're also almost always able to escape from me more easily, with Mag Sorcs sometimes being an exception.

    Seriously though, unless you're looking to play a dedicated healer build, you don't want to be a Magicka Necromancer next patch.

    i hear you but i made the changes. Breton, Atronachs, Chudan + Bright + Shacklebreaker (5 light) and did MUCH better (12-4) in my first BG than all the other 50 on the stam counterpart. I also felt much tankier. I also tried 5 heavy with Wyrd Tree's Blessing. Lower dmg ofc but were nearly unkillable. My stats are much better now. Both recovery, healing and shield options and damage. i also have alot more tools to play with. im not a fan of blastbones. so unreliable but that goes for both stam and mag. Entrophy is back on my bar.

    Im probably just really bad with stam. i can never keep them alive. the second i charge in and dizzy im at 25% hp from 3--4 casters in the back.
    Magicka Necromancer was total garbage when Elsweyr first released, then was made decent for unorganized PvP with Scalebreaker, and is probably going to be total garbage again next patch. ZOS has said that they're going to partially walk back the DOT nerfs, but they'll still be weaker than they are on live.

    If we compare the current live patch to the current PTS patch, 3 out of the 5 damaging abilities that I use got their damage cut in half. One of those, the Skeletal Mage, thus has less damage and a higher cost than it had when Elsweyr released - and it was garbage then. The remaining two damage abilities on my bars are, 1) Blastbones, which is too unreliable...yet also an absolute requirement if you ever want to kill anything, and 2) Invigorating Drain, which requires both stage 4 Vampirism and leaves you open to being interrupted.

    Relying on the generic DOTs works just fine at low MMR and against unorganized teams that have no cross-healing, but as soon as you encounter "real" opposition, the class already mostly falls apart. When those DOTs (and the Skeletal Mage) get nerfed, with no other buffs or improvements coming along to compensate, Magicka Necromancer is going to be downright terrible.
  • festher
    festher
    ✭✭
    Well lets hope they fix blastbones and that they change the corpse skills so they are not so clunky. I hate the corpse/targetting/Los thing.
    Its a big loss if the mage lose dmg.
    Edited by festher on October 4, 2019 8:04PM
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next patch if you have to be a Necro. You are going to regret rerolling to MagCro. The damage and survivalbility difference between Mag and Stam Necro is huge. I highly reccomend you stay StamCro but level and try out MagCro before fully committing. In higher MMR scenes Stamina is just much better than Magicka.
    Hope is Nothing More, than a Postponed Disappointment
  • festher
    festher
    ✭✭
    Next patch if you have to be a Necro. You are going to regret rerolling to MagCro. The damage and survivalbility difference between Mag and Stam Necro is huge. I highly reccomend you stay StamCro but level and try out MagCro before fully committing. In higher MMR scenes Stamina is just much better than Magicka.

    I have so much trouble keeping stam classes alive in BG. Fighting from the outskirts suits me much better. Using AOE and dots, ranged DD's and strong heals with aoe debuff and fears. With Stam i useally get stuck in stuns for 2 second before dieing from 3-4 different players. i see maybe 2-3 attacks but in the recap ive been hit 15 times... maybe i learn it but i doubt.
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stam necro has the least amount of identity for me compared to all other toons. my build uses 2 total necro abilities and 10 weapon/other line abilities.

    mighty chudan monster set - because i find the armor ability of necro to be garbage
    afflicted chest/legs and jewels - because minor defile plus major defile from blast bones is solid
    spriggan/thief - up to you which one you want but basically belt, boots, gloves and 2h maul of spriggan or essence thief.

    5 medium / 2 heavy

    your front bar 2H: dizzy swing, executioner, forward momentum, blast bones, camo hunter, beserker rage ult
    your dw back bar: consuming trap, spirit guardian, quick cloak, rending slash, vigor, temporal guard

    your defense is cloak, temporal guard, spirit guardian and using your beserker rage ultimate. beserker rage is 8 seconds of full cc immunity (to snares, roots, hard stuns, everything) plus a buff to resists for the amount hit. It can reach upwards of 50k resists when up.

    dizzy swing into beskerer rage/executioner is ridiculously brain dead easy. it is extremely efficient and extremely good. add blast bones into that equation and you have targets that are major/minor defiled while taking extreme damage and beserker rage allows you to stay in the fight longer.

    camo hunter has high uptime thanks to rending slash and consuming trap (trap btw is a great tool for resources as well). if you like essence thief, it also has some good resource sustain.

    the class is extremely boring because it has no identity. blast bones is literally an inferior version of subterranean assault and everything else is weapon line. that said - the 2H weapon line is so extremely efficient and good right now that stam sorc and stam necro are more than viable in bg's simply because of this weapon line.

    enjoy
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mursie wrote: »
    stam necro has the least amount of identity for me compared to all other toons. my build uses 2 total necro abilities and 10 weapon/other line abilities.

    mighty chudan monster set - because i find the armor ability of necro to be garbage
    afflicted chest/legs and jewels - because minor defile plus major defile from blast bones is solid
    spriggan/thief - up to you which one you want but basically belt, boots, gloves and 2h maul of spriggan or essence thief.

    5 medium / 2 heavy

    your front bar 2H: dizzy swing, executioner, forward momentum, blast bones, camo hunter, beserker rage ult
    your dw back bar: consuming trap, spirit guardian, quick cloak, rending slash, vigor, temporal guard

    your defense is cloak, temporal guard, spirit guardian and using your beserker rage ultimate. beserker rage is 8 seconds of full cc immunity (to snares, roots, hard stuns, everything) plus a buff to resists for the amount hit. It can reach upwards of 50k resists when up.

    dizzy swing into beskerer rage/executioner is ridiculously brain dead easy. it is extremely efficient and extremely good. add blast bones into that equation and you have targets that are major/minor defiled while taking extreme damage and beserker rage allows you to stay in the fight longer.

    camo hunter has high uptime thanks to rending slash and consuming trap (trap btw is a great tool for resources as well). if you like essence thief, it also has some good resource sustain.

    the class is extremely boring because it has no identity. blast bones is literally an inferior version of subterranean assault and everything else is weapon line. that said - the 2H weapon line is so extremely efficient and good right now that stam sorc and stam necro are more than viable in bg's simply because of this weapon line.

    enjoy

    I agree, stam necro needs more identity and we are to dependant on the 2h skill line. really the only reason i like my necro over my DK is because spirit guardian, and our purge, I can play medium armor stack BRP DW (also can run any other weapon and use our class major protection which works good, but getting evasion and expedition and protection also with 1 skill is to good to pass up) temporal guard for minor protection and 10 percent from spirit guardian. So I can have the damage and movement of medium and the tankiness of HA.

    When I run the exact same build on DK or warden the loss of spirit guardian and purge is VERY NOTICEABLE even though it doesn't seem like a huge deal. It probably wont be as much of a difference next patch since dots will be a lot weaker so not having purge wont make a big difference, but we will still have more beef, even in medium.
    Edited by magictucktuck on October 7, 2019 3:25PM
    PC-NA

    Necromancer

    Flawless Conqueror

    https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    festher wrote: »
    I have a lot of problems getting a good stamina build for BGs. My stats in no-cp are unplayable. Ive tried those alchast, dottz etc builds but to me they are far from playable in NO-CP.
    Right now i wear Blood spawn, Bone Pirate and Briarheart and i would say all my stats are bad (no gold, no nirn atm.)

    Stam Recovery 1700
    buffed resist 17k
    weapon damage 2380
    Stamina 27600
    Health 23k

    i would say only recovery is decent?

    You are so excruciatingly squishy that I would roll through you without noticing that I killed someone.
    And even had I noticed, I would think that you were some PvEr farming AP points for skills.
    Briarheart is unreliable: only 10% chance to proc it if you crit. And you don't crit all the time.
    Swap it for some tanky set like Armor Master. Take the Spirit Guardian morph if you haven't already. Maybe transmute all jewelery to Protective if you still feel too squishy. And also have some Major Expedition on you and use LOS to prevent damage.
    Then only attack when you know that you will be safe. Most people rush to combat as if it was a dummy parse. They want to do as much damage as possible as fast as possible but instead they die like flies.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imo necro makes a good Archer build in sig
    Gamer tag: ShenronNacht NA Xbox One
    1100+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er
    Shepherd of Rot - Stamina Necromancer BG Archer - No Gank
Sign In or Register to comment.