The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Volendrung Spawn Locations? Does it Only Spawn Near Alliance Gates?

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Does anyone other Volendrung Spawn locations? The addon map pins was a huge help as it shows possible locations, but I located other artifact spawn locations. Does it usually only spawn near Alliance gates?
vebfs6db9yo8.png
Edited by Aliyavana on October 5, 2019 1:21AM
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It can spawn behind red gate also, I believe.
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • Lybal
    Lybal
    ✭✭✭
    I can give you one more spawn to your map : Between Glade and Alesswell, go west from Aleswell mine and search a bit. (+ 1 behind Chim gate)

I also think that I saw one around Carma / Nikel / Brindle, but I'm not totally sure about this one.

I guess Volendrung is suppose to spawn everywhere, but from my experience, it only spawns behind gates / near gates, I never saw it spawn to like 80 % of all possible spawns in Cyro, if it's suppose to spawn there, it doesn't work.
    Out of this game, tired of horrible performance and a lot of changes.
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For AD, I've only seen it spawn in the 3 locations closest to BM.

Rumor was the others are for future weapons.
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lybal wrote: »
    I can give you one more spawn to your map : Between Glade and Alesswell, go west from Aleswell mine and search a bit. (+ 1 behind Chim gate)

I also think that I saw one around Carma / Nikel / Brindle, but I'm not totally sure about this one.

I guess Volendrung is suppose to spawn everywhere, but from my experience, it only spawns behind gates / near gates, I never saw it spawn to like 80 % of all possible spawns in Cyro, if it's suppose to spawn there, it doesn't work.

I was able to find the one between glade and ales, as well as the one near nikel, so thank you
    Edited by Aliyavana on October 2, 2019 9:15PM
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Does anyone know a full list of possible Volendrung Spawn locations? The addon map pins shows possible locations, but the area I have highlighted on the map features a spiky spawn area not noted on map pins. I wonder if volendrung can spawn there and if there is anymore not marked by map pins?
    srqc5lgtc6id.png

Thanks for this btw...been wanting a map of Spawn locations...even though I honestly hope Ham gets removed...lol
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know a full list of possible Volendrung Spawn locations? The addon map pins shows possible locations, but the area I have highlighted on the map features a spiky spawn area not noted on map pins. I wonder if volendrung can spawn there and if there is anymore not marked by map pins?
    srqc5lgtc6id.png

Thanks for this btw...been wanting a map of Spawn locations...even though I honestly hope Ham gets removed...lol

updated the map just now with three locations not marked by map pins. all locations are indicated by purple dots. I just don't like the hammer being used by the faction with emperor.
    Edited by Aliyavana on October 2, 2019 9:59PM
  • nryerson1025
    nryerson1025
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have been observing 7 day spawns for over a month now almost daily and I have only seen 6 possible spawns. Behind one of each factions gates, SW of warden, E of Bloodmayne and NW of Kingscrest. I cannot speak for either of the other campaigns, but it seems to always be the case, despite all the other possible locations on the map
    Edited by nryerson1025 on October 2, 2019 10:12PM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive always seen it spawn behind gates.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spawning behind gates seems to be the most frequent
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Behind the gates of the faction that has all or most of the scrolls....usually :D
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone confirm if the hammer has spawned closer towards the imperial city?
  • johnjetau
    johnjetau
    ✭✭✭
    I have noticed, since playing, that the hammer spawns the most (99% of the time) at the following locations.

DC - Behind gate & Near Warden

EP - Behind gate & Near Kingscrest

AD - Behind gate, Near Bloodmayne & In-between Blackboot & Bloodmayne

Both DC & EP seem to have just 2 spawns site used, while AD has 3. - Why AD seems to have a 3rd, and the other factions don't is a mystery???

I have yet to see it spawn, anywhere near Imperial City.
  • IndianaJames7
    IndianaJames7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When it first came out, I saw atleast one spawn by dragon, there may have been more spawn sites when it was released but honestly I wasn’t pvping much when the hammer was introduced. My guess is it used to be able to spawn in much more locations but since it was designed as a balance creator against emp/winning faction and everyone complained, they soon made it only spawn behind the gate of a specific faction as determined by a formula.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When it first came out, I saw atleast one spawn by dragon, there may have been more spawn sites when it was released but honestly I wasn’t pvping much when the hammer was introduced. My guess is it used to be able to spawn in much more locations but since it was designed as a balance creator against emp/winning faction and everyone complained, they soon made it only spawn behind the gate of a specific faction as determined by a formula.

I wish the devs would confirm
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish it would spawn in a random location each time and not behind the gate in between the 2 home keeps
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It spawns in the Crown Store in 5 days.
  • Čičiliusku
    Čičiliusku
    ✭✭✭
    At this time the one that spawned closest to Imperial city was south from Roebroek. Saw it only once though.
    This bird is watching you from afar
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice map.
    I have been waiting around hoping that someone would make an add-on to show all of Volendrung's potential spawn locations, similar to the LoreBooks/SkyShards/MundusStones/CraftingStations map-marker location add-ons.

I myself decided to make a custom color-coded map for The Imperial City's 3 faction's alliance bases/respawn-points back during the IC anniversary event through the use of Harven's Custom Map Pins add-on.
    (Ignore all of the chests & heavy sacks from the Harvest Map add-on. Lol.)
    ESO_ImpCityFactionSpawns.png

It would be nice if there was an actual add-on for the Imperial City's 3-faction respawn points and Cyrodiil's Daedric Weapon (Volendrung) spawn locations instead of having to custom-create them all via the Custom Map Pins add-on, especially since more Daedric Weapons will likely be added to Cyrodiil soon.
    Edited by Darkmage1337 on October 4, 2019 1:23AM
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice map.
    I have been waiting around hoping that someone would make an add-on to show all of Volendrung's potential spawn locations, similar to the LoreBooks/SkyShards/MundusStones/CraftingStations map-marker location add-ons.

I myself decided to make a custom color-coded map for The Imperial City's 3 faction's alliance bases/respawn-points back during the IC anniversary event through the use of Harven's Custom Map Pins add-on.

It would be nice if there was an actual add-on for the Imperial City's 3-faction respawn points and Cyrodiil's Daedric Weapon (Volendrung) spawn locations instead of having to custom-create them all via the Custom Map Pins add-on, especially since more Daedric Weapons will likely be added to Cyrodiil soon.

your screenshot isn't showing, and I agree
    Edited by Aliyavana on October 3, 2019 7:59AM
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice map.

your screenshot isn't showing, and I agree

Weird. The image showed up just fine when I first made the post. Possibly a bug with the BBCode, or Z0$ must've censored it or something sometime afterwards? Idk.
    Here's an imgur version of it: https://imgur.com/a/2jBcxH1
    Edited by Darkmage1337 on October 4, 2019 1:38AM
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    added better icons for reference
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    added better icons for reference

Is there any way for you to export your Volendrung map icons to me via a file or lines of code? Lol. :p
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for Necroing this but its been a while since they added this and I've yet to see any the other spawns be useful

If anything they are a hindrance and just another thing that gets you in combat as you run past them
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I PvP every day and only see them spawn behind the 3 gates, never anywhere else. This needs to be fixed pronto. I want to see a battle where everyone has a chance to pick it up, not just one faction.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish it would spawn out on the map near the middle keeps with an indicator so people could see where it's at, creating big open field fights every time it spawns.