The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Mudcrabs] Is it Lore-Friendly that you can get more Leather than Chitin from MudCrabs

Dusk_Coven
Dusk_Coven
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Or that you can get Leather from them at all. Could we have some concept art of Mudcrabs showing where the Leather is hiding? :P

@ZOS_LeamonTuttle
Edited by Dusk_Coven on October 1, 2019 7:40AM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game mechanics dont always equal lore
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Game mechanics dont always equal lore

Game mechanics should SUPPORT lore, if not common sense.
    And I don't think players are so dumb that they wouldn't look for a leathery creature when they are hoping to get Leather drops.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on October 1, 2019 8:05AM
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game mechanic loot drops from creatures has rarely ever made much sense from either a lore or logic-view in plenty of RPGs. Elder Scrolls especially. Skeevers dropping dozens of coins plus a fork? Sure. That wolf had an axe? Why not.Giant's only have 1 lootable toe? *Shrugs*

Mudcrabs dropping leather is low on the list if you ask me.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • 2Weenies
    2Weenies
    ✭✭✭
    I find RPG drop tables hilarious from a realism/lore perspective. That nude skeleton clawing at you dropped 300 gold and armor that it apparently wasn't wearing? Magic pockets. Cliff racer drops a fancy magic ring? He probably ate it. One can also assume a mudcrab dropping leather probably ate something that would provide leather, like the corpse of an unfortunate wolf, or the backpack of some unlucky adventurer.
    "We're watching you, scum." ~ Every Ordinator who witnesses my social media commentary
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm more concerned about the battle axe that the mudcrab had stashed away.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still waiting for Coral Crabs to drop any chitin at all.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm scarred for life over the fact that when you hit one of the NPC's that are carrying a box the box disappears and they run away. I mean where does it go? Mud Crab leather is now another thing I'll lose sleep over thank you.