Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Opinions on the new houses on PTS!

Elara_Northwind
Elara_Northwind
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Hello! :smile:

So, I made a post before about the housing podcast series I plan to start tomorrow, beginning with the topic of the new homes on pts! I would just like some feedback from the community, on what your opinions are on Lucky Cat Landing and Potentate's Retreat, so that I am able to add your thoughts, feeling and opinions to the discussion! It would be great to have all opinions of the community represented! Below are the topics, for each house, if you would like to post an issue, a complaint, or even a compliment for each home, it would be wonderful!

- Opinions on the home. Aesthetics, size, style, features etc. This part will ignore item limit restrictions (unless they involve the limit directly, such as lighting, if the home is very dark) and focus only on the house/area itself. It could focus on how open/closed the space is, how big or small, invisible walls/ceilings, natural light, unremovable items, interior and exterior matching up, special or unique features, outside space. These are just examples, it could include anything about the aesthetics of the home.
- The item limit. Is it enough for the home? What can or cannot be done with the item limit? What should the item limit be to make the home great!?
- How is the home/area for decorators?
- How is the home/area for builders or for customising the interior?
- What ideas or suggestions do you have for overcoming the issues with the home?
- What changes would you like to see in the home and why?

As well as feedback, I am still looking for guests to come and chat with me during the podcast about the new houses! It shall be at around 8pm (GMT) Two of my planned guests can no longer make it, and it would be really great to hear from others about their thoughts and opinions, so please drop me a message if you would like to come along! I would love to chat with you about the new homes, and am able to prerecord some interviews if people won't be around or are in a different timezone :smile:

Thank you very much for reading all of that :lol: All feedback on these new homes which we can get together in one place, and have a good discussion about would be great, and I shall include absolutely everybodies thoughts and opinions which are given.

I hope everybody enjoys what is left of their night/ morning or afternoon, depending on where you are! And I hope that we can get some great opinions and thoughts on the new houses here, to share on the Podcast tomorrow! :smile:

Elara xx
Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Kali_Despoine
    Kali_Despoine
    ✭✭✭✭
    my opinion is to not give Zo$ any monies till their done f'n with the class abilities. so no more cash bought houses
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Saw a video on Potentates Retreat and it looked pretty cool.
  • Dirtybyrd
    Dirtybyrd
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see them and give my opinion. I will try and catch you on your podcast just send me a link please.
    Thanks for expressing your voice
    Dirtybyrd
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    8pm tomorrow? (Well by the time of my response Today I guess 😂) I’ll see if I can find it in time, while I do not have pts I can re-watch some vids of PTS before hand and voice some opinions. If I can’t make it I’ll leave my opinions on Potentates here if that’s ok.

Potentates
    Aesthetics/Style: Imperial combined with the newer Khajiit stonework style, I love both styles on their own and I think I love this merge of the two even more 🙂

Size: I’m kind of split on this one, on one hand I’m like “oh gee another giant house that even I will struggle to decorate all of” on the other I’m not sure we’d be able to get everything I like about the house in a smaller home...

Other: invis wall in the cave is annoying, another foot of space, not a lot more space but still could really change how people build in there.
    The immovable crystals, *sigh* I wish they could be moved as much as I like them, I see these causing people to constantly design and redesign around the crystals if they plan on building in this area.
    Speaking of the crystals I do like the light up feature when you add that new small furnishing to go with them.

Item Limit:
    It isn’t enough for this house in my opinion, and I fear that this trend is just going to continue, ZoS building bigger, but the limits stay the same.

How is the home for decorators?
    Hmm I see a lot of potential both interior and exterior, however I see the item limits and immovable objects severely limiting some of the potential. Anything built on the water area for instance needs to be planned and built around the immovable crystals😕

Ideas and suggestions for overcoming the issues:
    By this do you mean what can we the users do to overcome the issues on our end? If so well not a whole lot. To overcome some issues however I suggest the following:
    For the item limits we can use less small furnishings, which means less cool hidden details, we can also block off or ignore areas of the home. For the immovable objects, only thing we really can do is build around or above them.

Changes I would like to see:
    - removal of the invis wall, it’s like a foot of space zenimax is that really too much to give considering the rest of the house?
    - The crystals to be made movable, again I like the crystals but the fact they cannot be moved limits potential in that area of the home.
    - Size limit increase, sorry but Zenimax cannot keep building bigger without giving an increase in item slots, they just can’t.

Final opinion: I love potentates retreat despite the flaws of item limits and immovable objects, I just love the style of the interior, the outside area is beautiful, I see a lot of potential again despite limiting factors. This house gets a 9/10 from S.A.96

There’s my opinions on potentates feel free to use if I can’t get on discord in time
    As for Lucky cat I do not have much to say on it at this point in time 🤔

S.A.96
  • Commancho
    Commancho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Potenates had potential lol
    This house has been ruined by too large and poorly designed generic interior. Garden is great, but crystals will ruin many decoration plans and you can access it after walking through entire house which means wasted time, space, slots and loading screen.

This house would be so much better without interior wings. Just an entry hall with an open gate leading to garden without loading screens. I can rate this reverted psijic villa 6/10.
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you so much for your comments and opinions 😊 there are some really great points here!
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind