Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mouse sensitivity WAY too high

onezeroeight
onezeroeight
Soul Shriven
I just bought my first new mac in 10 years and put ESO on it. The first time I got in game everything was spinning uncontrollably. I set camera view to 0 and was able to barely control it. Moving the mouse a 1/4" on my desk was enough to start it spinning again. I found out about the accessibility thing in security settings, it was off, so I turned that on. Still WAY too touchy to be able to play. I restarted my mac just in case it needed that, no change. I then set mouse tracking to minimum in the settings and its a little better. Bottom line, the game is completely unplayable like this. I shouldn't have to turn settings to their minimums. I'm running ESO on a 4k retina 21.5" 2019 iMac. I also tried a cheap wired mouse and got the same thing.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turn off Hardware Acceleration on the Mouse
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• onezeroeight
    onezeroeight
    Soul Shriven
    So I did that and it made it easier. Then I noticed that the game doesn't treat the mouse like a mouse. It treats it like a joystick. Such as: I move the mouse an inch to the left and stop. It continues spinning left until I move the mouse back to center. Once the game glitched and left the mouse pointer up and it was was easier to keep it centered, but that doesn't seem to be a setting anywhere. Is there a way to make it mouse control like every other FPS ever made? Like the view only moves when the mouse is actually moving? Having to constantly recenter the mouse with an invisible pointer is a major pain in the ass. Do you all just use controllers or managed to get used to this weird mouse control?
  • onezeroeight
    onezeroeight
    Soul Shriven
    No one else having this issue?
  • onezeroeight
    onezeroeight
    Soul Shriven
    Since I hadn't gotten any other help yet I kept researching and found a post about not launching with the launcher. I found (5 folders deep) the "eso" application and went in that way instead of the launcher. This time a window popped up asking for accessibility permissions again. Now above the ZOS Launcher, there was eso. Turned that on and my mouse works like a mouse. It was absurdly slow now so I turned acceleration back on and put all the mouse controls back up to normal. Why it doesn't just work to begin with without jumping through all kinds of hoops is beyond me.

I tried to submit a ticket about this but couldn't because "Game Consultant" only crashes. I submitted it to them as a bug and it will probably never get read.