The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Replica Rithana-Di-Renada

TruthSeeker
TruthSeeker
✭✭✭
Please may we have the option to mute the Replica Rithana-Di-Renada?

I like the blue animated light, and as a large rectangle it can be a useful building block, but the constant Song of Kingdoms is too much.

We have the option to deactivate our Music Boxes. Pretty please, ZOS, allow us this kindness regarding the Replica.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That is strange, I can’t hear any music coming from my replica on PS4.

I can just barely hear the one that is in Riverhold.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• TruthSeeker
    TruthSeeker
    ✭✭✭

Really? Mine is very loud and obtrusive in any house I place it in.
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The sound is there, the Riverhold one is louder compared to the furnishing we get (I believe there were complaints about the sound difference somewhere round here) so if one struggles to hear the Riverhold one chances are you’ll not even hear the furnishing one.

But I agree with the OP a toggle to switch it on or off would be great
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please, add a toggle!

[PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the music should be like the boxes — audible in a certain proximity and also able to be switched on and off. The music from this was very quiet, but what bothered me most was that it would come in and out seemingly at random at different pints around the furnishing instead of being a consistent area effect. I could stand right next to it and not hear it but then hear it again some distance away. I would be happy for the bright light from it to also be toggle-able.

Edit: In case it makes I difference, I am on PC.
    Edited by Araneae6537 on October 7, 2019 6:51AM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OK, I went to my Hall of the Lunar Champion and played around with the options. If I turn the sound effects all the way up, I can hear the replica music, but it’s still fairly soft. Of course, I usually have effects set only at about 1/3 of the way up so when I’m in Riften crafting and the duelers are dropping Meteor, it doesn’t blow my stereo speakers. Also other times when using skills yourself, you wouldn’t want the sound up that much either.

Regardless, the replica is much fainter than the original in Riverhold.

Is there some other sound channel that would make more sense for things like this? Music seems to only cover the background music. I thought at first it might be using the speaker in the PS4 controller, which I have purposely turned off.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA