The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Roll dodge...

C0RTEX4
C0RTEX4
✭✭✭
Roll dodge In this game is getting out of hand, There should be a much, much, higher cost increase on roll dodge, It's not really balanced if you can roll dodge and recover all that stamina back on a stamina character whilst dodging EVERY single attack thrown at you... Roll dodge is even worse than the shields on magicka characters, at least you can damage the shields to nothing, but you can't even hit a guy that just roll dodges and recovers all that stamina back and keeps spamming roll dodge, I mean come on its worse than spamming Streak...
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think so.

It is costly enough.

As a stamina character you are already depending on your stamina and draining it.
    Roll dodge adds even more.

As a magicka character, you have low stamina anyway, so it is draining and stealing some of your further blocks.

I think it is well balanced.
  • NoodleESO
    NoodleESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    .... if you nerf roll doge it will hurt Magicka toons more than stamina... rooting players and burning their Stam pool will be the meta.

plus they've already nerfed dodge roll a few times to make it dodge just the projectile hitting you at that second.
  • C0RTEX4
    C0RTEX4
    ✭✭✭
    Look I play magicka sorc I hear your cry, but it's more frustrating for every magicka player out there when you can't kill a target that's 1% health because he roll dodges every attack you make, it gives them enough time to get behind cover and heal from 1% to full in 3 seconds... I and a few others are fed up of this... there needs to be something in place, if increasing the cost is too much then, increase the cost for all stamina skills so you use them more wisely than just spam them...
  • C0RTEX4
    C0RTEX4
    ✭✭✭
    Not to mention if the player at 1% health has used a immovable potion, there is no chance of stopping him unless you have a really hard cc like Encase, or fossilise.
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am playing a magicka sorc
  • NoodleESO
    NoodleESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so you and your friends are mad for a player making the proper moves to out think you and win? lets be clear here, it cost that person stamina to heal themselves and dodge roll, meaning they managed their resources well enough to pull that off. so why should they be punished?

And on top of it they saved their immoveable for the right time.
  • C0RTEX4
    C0RTEX4
    ✭✭✭
    But you forget it, stamina has an easier time to gather weapon damage and recovery than magicka, and with stamina there are more sets out there with Major/Minor buffs compered to the magicka sets
  • NoodleESO
    NoodleESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    C0RTEX4 wrote: »
    But you forget it, stamina has an easier time to gather weapon damage and recovery than magicka, and with stamina there are more sets out there with Major/Minor buffs compered to the magicka sets

Well since you're being polite I won't harp on you too much but maybe you should as around, find what other players do to counter it instead of asking for nerfs. I'm sure you'll figure it out there are some really good Magicka pvper's in this game who deal with it all the time.
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no

bye
  • C0RTEX4
    C0RTEX4
    ✭✭✭
    Hold on a second, you do realise that you can kite 15+ players this patch as a stamina player with just the protection buff right? then to add to the trouble you put expedition, and recovery on your setup because you can easily achieve up to 7k weapon damage with sets... roll dodge, do 1 dizzy swing into dawn breaker and watch your opponent with 20k resists and at least 3k crit resist and 18k shields go from full health to 20% in one burst, whilst the player is trying to recover health and counter 8 seconds is up and all you need to do is use dizzy swing till your hand breaks, and the guy is dead because it hits for as high as 15k this patch... you do know that right? and if you play magicka you can't even argue with it, look at the stamplar for example it will burst you down with just jabs this patch, and over heal itself because you are stuck there in a laggy server spamming heals and shields till you have nothing left or another enemy friend of theirs finishes you off...
  • Darsaga
    Darsaga
    ✭✭✭
    I can agree with you on protection being overturned but roll dodge is fine. There are more things at play here that are the real issue. Like resists and healing. Roll dodge is not to blame I’m sorry.
  • C0RTEX4
    C0RTEX4
    ✭✭✭
    Like I said if this can't be done then there needs to be another alternative such as an increased cost for stamina skills or lowering the cap for certain resistances.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    think about PvE everytime you post such thread here. It is still not separated from PvP.
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are skills that completely ignore roll dodge.

Probably easier to slot one than it is to make a post asking for another nerf on top of the patch notes that exist on pts tbh.
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roll dodge In this game is getting out of hand, There should be a much, much, higher cost increase on roll dodge, It's not really balanced if you can roll dodge and recover all that stamina back on a stamina character whilst dodging EVERY single attack thrown at you... Roll dodge is even worse than the shields on magicka characters, at least you can damage the shields to nothing, but you can't even hit a guy that just roll dodges and recovers all that stamina back and keeps spamming roll dodge, I mean come on its worse than spamming Streak...

Play a stamina character in medium where your only defense is roll dodge for a few weeks and let us know how it goes. Roll dodge is easily the weakest defense in the game right now.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NoodleESO wrote: »

Well since you're being polite I won't harp on you too much but maybe you should as around, find what other players do to counter it instead of asking for nerfs. I'm sure you'll figure it out there are some really good Magicka pvper's in this game who deal with it all the time.

Countering really good stamina mobility is much harder than countering really good magicka mobility and stamina mobility is significantly easier to pull off and sustain. I don't know a single good magicka player that can keep up with a good stamina player when they want to evade but I know a lot of average stamina players that can keep up with the best magicka players.

I don't know what the change should be as that ease of mobility is obviously required for fighting a 20 man ball and I have no sympathy for those people but in smaller scale it's crippling, most of the time your best bet is to just wait for them to come back (if they aren't just running) and as the chap has said, the only time they come back is when they're full hp and have their dizzying and berserker ready to go.

Granted better players make better use of it, but it's not as counter-able as you think.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Thanatos_inside
    Thanatos_inside
    ✭✭✭
    try to play medium armor after come back
  • Commancho
    Commancho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now roll dodge is OP too? What's next? Nerf sprint? Oh wait, it got nerfed already lol
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If someone is spamming roll dodge, then they either have a sustain build and lesser damage or you are allowing them to get resources back via heavy. In either case, they are playing the game as its intended.

It's your job in PvP to stun and shut down opponents defense at the right time. That you cannot does not mean that roll dodge is OP and needs a nerf.

If you can't do that or hate rollers so much, there's a proc set for that: sellistrix. There's also turn evil. Both can't really be repeatedly read easily, esp. if you use them on mag chars.

But let me guess, you want to 100-0 opponents with no sacrifice to sorc damage, which is possibly the easiest damage in the game to stack...Keep the laughs coming.
  • C0RTEX4
    C0RTEX4
    ✭✭✭
    Look end of the day mobility is an issue regarding our stamina counterparts, a lesser player has a much easier time keeping up with a player that has played a magicka class a lot longer, in my eyes stamina has most of the cheese compared to the magicka classes, yet again I must say, look at the stamina sets and compare them to the magicka sets and explain to me how balanced it is...
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look I play magicka sorc I hear your cry, but it's more frustrating for every magicka player out there when you can't kill a target that's 1% health because he roll dodges every attack you make, it gives them enough time to get behind cover and heal from 1% to full in 3 seconds... I and a few others are fed up of this... there needs to be something in place, if increasing the cost is too much then, increase the cost for all stamina skills so you use them more wisely than just spam them...

Mages wrath and curse can be dodged? I play medium armor in PvP and good mag sorcs are a nightmare for me to deal with because I can't shake these spells...
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • blee88
    blee88
    ✭✭
    Commancho wrote: »
    Now roll dodge is OP too? What's next? Nerf sprint? Oh wait, it got nerfed already lol

Players like this want everyone to stand there and die in 2 hits like overland mobs. However, if it happens to them, something needs to be nerfed.
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two nerf threads from you this morning op?

Did you get rolled that hard this weekend??

Why not ask for the best counters or something anything other than asking for more nerfs???

smdh

• jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmguy1234 wrote: »

Play a stamina character in medium where your only defense is roll dodge for a few weeks and let us know how it goes. Roll dodge is easily the weakest defense in the game right now.

Facts.
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol. Roll dodge OP. Don’t know how to cc.
  • TriangularChicken
    TriangularChicken
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just ignore threads like this, if he gets no answers on topic he will eventually leave the forums again.
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OP can't/won't adjust their build and calls for nerfs. classic
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf request should cost 200 cp.
    Its the only cost increase needed but its needed hard.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L2P scrub sorc.
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many players don’t have an issue. Stop trying to lower the bar and start rising to it.

If a person is not running out of resources from roll dodging it’s because they aren’t bad players. A person who isn’t very good will run out of stamina very fast.

Y’all need to stop with this complaining. This community is one of the worst I’ve ever seen. ZoS can screw this game up as much as they want but honestly, it’s the people making the game not worth playing anymore.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!