The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I have no idea why people complain about this game

tgrippa
tgrippa
✭✭✭✭✭
I have no idea why people complain about this game. The combat is smooth and free flowing, with room for dynamic play and high reward for high skill. Raids are fun and well designed, with little to no bugs. The storyline is engaging and well written. PvP is well balanced with great server performance, and of course my ping averages 8ms. Servers feel highly populated late at night and early in the day, not just at peak time. Most importantly, the game as a whole is fun.

I struggle to find these great qualities in ESO as of late. Playing WoW has really hit home the issues with ESO. How can ZOS improve their game so that it implements the aforementioned great qualities that their competitor’s product has? Why have ZOS fallen behind, and why do they struggle to fix long standing issues in a timely manner?

Edited by tgrippa on September 30, 2019 12:18AM
PCEU
heh.
heh.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1xWS2gV.png
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are numerous bugs in content. Some years old.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I guess you are new comer.
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great server performance???
    Mah mate.
    It teleports you back, it freezes the time so you are stuck there in the middle of a battle like 5 mins, it kicks you out etc etc
    :s
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh, y'all apparently didn't get that tgrippa is talking about WoW Classic in his first paragraph.
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    People complain because......

...well, that's just what people do these days. So much so that it's hard for legitimate concerns to be addressed.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • Ysbriel
    Ysbriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Little to no bugs.... me so confused
    Edited by Ysbriel on September 30, 2019 12:42AM
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Eh, y'all apparently didn't get that tgrippa is talking about WoW Classic in his first paragraph.

Maybe he meant to post this on the WoW forum?
    Edited by Cadbury on September 30, 2019 12:43AM
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »
    Sylvermynx wrote: »

Maybe he meant to post this on the WoW forum?

Could be! That would be a huge sideways mistake when it comes to the internet though, hmm?
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to cyrodil
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I admit, ya had me going in the first half
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice try, Zos, silly fake accounts.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    please, allow me to retort: stuck in combat
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • maddiniiLuna
    maddiniiLuna
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have always wondered, why some game breaking bugs actually last for years. Example: Hel Ra Citadel.

Nobody seems to be able to answer this (while being serious) and the trial continues to be bugged over many years now. These stupid doors Man...

Just one of many that never have been addressed but are reported a hundred times. In WoW you report a bug and usually you'll see in the next patch notes. With eso I'm starting to give up on reporting anything.
  • Austinseph1
    Austinseph1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Story is great but the game and client are poorly optimized and bugs sit in the game for years without being fixed. New teams struggling to clean up 10 year old messes and learning what changes actually lead to what the community wants in a game that was released 6 years ago.. Great game, poor circumstances.
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tgrippa wrote: »
    I have no idea why people complain about this game. The combat is smooth and free flowing, with room for dynamic play and high reward for high skill. Raids are fun and well designed, with little to no bugs. The storyline is engaging and well written. PvP is well balanced with great server performance, and of course my ping averages 8ms. Servers feel highly populated late at night and early in the day, not just at peak time. Most importantly, the game as a whole is fun.

I struggle to find these great qualities in ESO as of late. Playing WoW has really hit home the issues with ESO. How can ZOS improve their game so that it implements the aforementioned great qualities that their competitor’s product has? Why have ZOS fallen behind, and why do they struggle to fix long standing issues in a timely manner?

If your first sentences are for WoW, then let me tell you this : i will thousand times take ESO with all the bugs rather than WoW classic and his high toxic community.

As a gamer with fond memories of WoW that i played a long time, i went, subbed by 2 olds accounts for Classic, and .... took the time to level 5 different class on each. Sur that was fun, calling smiles and such as i was reminded all the good and funny stuff, BUT oh!!!!!!! what was the hell of this planet : Classic is a game owned by wow players, not opening the welcome door to new players (old or very new) and just picking, bulliying, mocking, insulting in a way i never saw.

I played 10 days, deleted all my accounts this time (yes even my old characters), husband did same, and said : never again!!!

And thank you to ESO community (you have bad days but never in such way)
    My most recent characters
    AD - Chjara NB
    -
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay thanks.

... Did you want a cookie or something?
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Attempting to be overly clever/subtle/tongue-in-cheek on a busy forum normally does not work as intended. Unfortunately, when a thread is not crystal clear and straightforward in the title and first paragraph, it will be misunderstood and distract from whatever the intended point might be.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Attempting to be overly clever/subtle/tongue-in-cheek on a busy forum normally does not work as intended. Unfortunately, when a thread is not crystal clear and straightforward in the title and first paragraph, it will be misunderstood and distract from whatever the intended point might be.

So, you're basically saying most of the ESO forum regulars have poor reading comprehension skills?
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    please, allow me to retort: stuck in combat

You can get stuck in combat in ESO, too.

Also, there is that bug where you can't mount up (out of combat) until you relog.
  • tallenn
    tallenn
    ✭✭✭
    People who complain about MMOs aren't typically people that hate the game. Actually, they are often the game's biggest fans, those that have stayed with it the longest, play the most, and so on.

People that hate the game usually just quit, and most don't ever bother to continue posting on forums of games they aren't playing (though for some weird reason, there actually are some that do- nothing else to do with their time, maybe?).

Complaints can be about a lot of things. Sometimes, there's just one thing that really bugs the person about the game, but everything else, they love. Quite often, it's because ZOS has changed or is about to change something about the game that they really don't want to see changed. There's a lot of that going on right now, actually, due to the upcoming Dragonhold and it's proposed nerfs. It can be extremely frustrating to be disconnected or crash in a game that you truly love. If it were just a mediocre game, then more than likely, you'd just quit, rather than putting up with stability issues.

Nobody loves everything about a game, ever. If they believe they do, either they are truly delusional, or they just choose to ignore the things that bother them, but make no mistake, there are things that bother them.
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If no one complained, where would we be

If everyone was always content, where would we be

If no one was passionate about things they cared about, where would we be

Saying that people shouldn't complain or want better is like saying that all products should make the same money vs be competitive by virtue of existing
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure you’re posting on the correct game board?
  • Ozby
    Ozby
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Err is OP being sarcastic?
    PC NA
    Aurora Bravepaw (Healden), Basks in Fire (DKTank), Bran Artlion (Magplar), Brindel Seedthorne (Stamden WW), Brugo Gargak (Stamcro), Casimir Delmar (StamDK), Falco Bastion (Stamsorc), Fus Ro Dah (Stamplar), Gandalff the Gay (Petsorc), Jo-Qinan Betula (Magden), Laveera Hex (Magcro), Raine Whitestag (Stamden), Raised by Bears (Wardentank), Ralak Rotheart (Healcro), Selene Sunshadow MagDK), Shadow Mirage (NBTank), Slythe Rattlebone (Healplar), Ulfnor Dragonslayer (Tankcro).
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well then maybe people that dont have the brain to grasp concepts, shouldnt be on forums.

I look at all those smartass replies to OP, and Im thinking "boy how _____ are they?"
    Edited by GeorgeBlack on September 30, 2019 3:41AM
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Post. Does. Not. Compute.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Then go play WoW? Why are you posting about it on another games forums?
    Edited by Korah_Eaglecry on September 30, 2019 5:16AM
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    tgrippa wrote: »

World of Warcraft offers a diversity of classes versus the "all-in-one" play as you want dogma from ESO that attempts to cram multiple role archetypes into one class; THEN acknowledging certain classes were meant have their own roles and not all the roles can be done by one class. This type of role cramming congestion in classes harms Elder Scrolls Online more than it will benefit them.

You will see, as many others have, why ESO/ZOS is falling behind and the cause/effect of their decision-making process that generated many of the long standing issues of the game. How they actually move forward with their class identity project plan will decide the long-term fate of the game. Wait to see.

Edited: Not trying to insult their efforts; but people who are keen on tracking patterns and outcomes will foresee this coming.
    Edited by Sahidom on September 30, 2019 6:33AM
  • Commancho
    Commancho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monetization, d/c issues, activity finder not fixed for ages, constant rebalancing, requests from player base are either ignored or they land in the crown store, too much pointless grind where player is locked into looping the same activities while he has not seen major part of the game. I could name few more.
    Edited by Commancho on September 30, 2019 6:38AM
  • Solid_Metal
    Solid_Metal
    ✭✭✭✭
    is this supposed to be sarcasm or what ?, cause...man, theres lot of things i love to complain about this game, the game itself is good, but i quit cause of the Dev shenanigans
    "i will walk through the fog, as i welcome death"