The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Levelling my first new character in forever, I have a question.

CMDR_Un1k0rn
CMDR_Un1k0rn
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Hi guys. I'm finally starting work on my tank! Already farming gear on my Stamblade for him and I've made myself some gear to level the tank himself with. :)

Anyway, it's been many many months since I last found myself below level 50, and thus, I have a question. Once I hit level ten it's alright for me to go looking for RN dungeons right? On my first character I only really started doing dungeons after hitting CP160 so I'm a bit clueless here.

Thanks in advance. :)

In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At level 10, the dungeons will start unlocking progressively. It starts easy with Fungal Grotto 1, so level 10 is a fine time to start.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At level 10, the dungeons will start unlocking progressively. It starts easy with Fungal Grotto 1, so level 10 is a fine time to start.

Thanks. So the dungeon finder will lock me to dungeons appropriate to my level, as it were? That's fine, just trying to understand the mechanics here. :)
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks. So the dungeon finder will lock me to dungeons appropriate to my level, as it were? That's fine, just trying to understand the mechanics here. :)

Yep. You'll see each new dungeon unlock as you get your level up rewards. As long as you use groupfinder, you'll only be queued for those unlocked dungeons.

If you wanted to do a harder dungeon not unlocked yet, you can still travel there manually with a group.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yep. You'll see each new dungeon unlock as you get your level up rewards. As long as you use groupfinder, you'll only be queued for those unlocked dungeons.

If you wanted to do a harder dungeon not unlocked yet, you can still travel there manually with a group.

No mate that's perfect. Thanks for the insight. I learned something tonight.