The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Lag/Delay in skill/item usage when button is pressed

Raevyness
Raevyness
✭✭✭
It's pretty self explanatory. In pvp, when I hit a skill or even do a light attack and then maybe hit Q to use a potion, it won't work.
Like wise, I will be pressing a skill and i can see the skill is being pressed as it flickers/presses showing it has registered, but nothing happens.

I might hit 1, 1, 1, and then hit 2 and then 5 for a heal, but on the log only 1 one has registered and then a 2 and no 5, heal at all...

No idea why this is happening. So many times I've hit Q to pop a potion in PVP and yet I've just died because the game hasn't registered that I've pressed Q. I play on about 240-280ms ping from Australia. Never had this problem before, and it's not my keyboard ( i play many other games).

• maddiniiLuna
    maddiniiLuna
    ✭✭✭✭
    280 ping is deadly man.

But the "problem" you are experiencing is the eso global cooldown. After casting a spell you have I think 500ms delay before another skill would be cast (I'm not sure about the exact time, I use an addon "show global cooldown" to see when I can cast again).

It's basically the exact thing you described. You press a skill multiple times but due to global cooldown it will only cast once.

The global cooldown does also effect your Q, altho I've never actually had any problems with the Q button besides accidentally changing it to like a siege weapon. Then I try to press q for potion and ofc it wouldn't work because it's currently a siege weapon.
  • Raevyness
    Raevyness
    ✭✭✭
    280 ping is deadly man.

But the "problem" you are experiencing is the eso global cooldown. After casting a spell you have I think 500ms delay before another skill would be cast (I'm not sure about the exact time, I use an addon "show global cooldown" to see when I can cast again).

It's basically the exact thing you described. You press a skill multiple times but due to global cooldown it will only cast once.

The global cooldown does also effect your Q, altho I've never actually had any problems with the Q button besides accidentally changing it to like a siege weapon. Then I try to press q for potion and ofc it wouldn't work because it's currently a siege weapon.

280ping is good for AU LOL. Usual is around 300-400+ms of ping. so for AU this is actually pretty good. im not sure if it is the cooldown or not. I might have to try the addon and see if that is it.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep servers are particularly bad rn. Nothing we can do. Just avoid NA prime times.
  • Tiff_ar15
    Tiff_ar15
    ✭✭
    Doesn't matter when you play on Ps NA servers. I've played morning, evening and night. performance is the same.
  • SHANKS_63
    SHANKS_63
    ✭✭
    I am having the same issue specifically with potions/quickslot. I never noticed it until 2 days ago. There were always the normal annoyance ones on front/back bar for me, but I NEVER had an issue with potions/quickslot.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’m not sure it’s the global cooldown you describe that is the problem.

I think the lag is now greater than the time you take to press the button for something to happen, so it just doesn’t even register.

I have failed button presses and failed bar swaps frequently now.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Raevyness
    Raevyness
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, its still happening. I don't think it is global cooldown. I never had this problem and now I have to press Q about 5 times in a constant spam in order to get the potions to work.
    I've lost CONSTANTLY in pvp due to this.

ESO is just going downhill so fast...