The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

any "dotless" builds being tested/created/thought of?

Joxer61
Joxer61
✭✭✭✭✭
Just as the title asks, is anyone thinking up any builds that wont suffer from the dots being reduced (hate the term nerf) in either Mag or Stam? I am unable to test on pts but just looking over classes and what skills would and wouldn't work....oh boy....its gonna be tricky! But a challenge is always fun and different!
But it does ones head in for sure...just when I think I have a few that work I realize nope, that's a dot, try and stay away from those if possible.
Which brings me to another question....all dots wont be bad will they? I mean many are getting reduced, aoe and single, but surely ZOS wouldn't expect folks to do away with them altogether? That would just about kill the Dk, to who they themselves even said dots were a big part of their identity.
Again, just thinking outside the box (the pts) since I cant get in...… ;)
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much all build on the pts are dotless, with the exception of wall, and it is only there to proc a berzerk enchantment.
  • cmvet
    cmvet
    ✭✭✭
    My HA Templar really only uses structured to proc spell damage increase.
  • GDOFWR420
    GDOFWR420
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would think its time to start stacking a high mag pool and go with light and heavy attack builds with direct damage abilites in place of dots. Just my thoughts
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every build created before 5.1.0 because dots have never been as good as they were and are now right back to being complete gutter work.
    Edited by IronWooshu on September 29, 2019 5:41PM
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IronWooshu wrote: »
    Every build created before 5.1.0 because dots have never been as good as they were and are now right back to being complete gutter work.

so before scalebreaker?
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joxer61 wrote: »
    Just as the title asks, is anyone thinking up any builds that wont suffer from the dots being reduced (hate the term nerf) in either Mag or Stam? I am unable to test on pts but just looking over classes and what skills would and wouldn't work....oh boy....its gonna be tricky! But a challenge is always fun and different!
    But it does ones head in for sure...just when I think I have a few that work I realize nope, that's a dot, try and stay away from those if possible.
    Which brings me to another question....all dots wont be bad will they? I mean many are getting reduced, aoe and single, but surely ZOS wouldn't expect folks to do away with them altogether? That would just about kill the Dk, to who they themselves even said dots were a big part of their identity.
    Again, just thinking outside the box (the pts) since I cant get in...… ;)

Pre dot meta changes, I created an entirely AOE mag/stam hybrid for pve fun. 5 aoe skills layed down. Wall of elements, Shards, Caltrops, Endless hail, trapping webs.

Basically it didnt work. The dps lost during the time taken to lay down that many aoes, meant too little time for spam/la phase as the aoes were running out by the time you got there etc. I mean it was great fun and melted stuff on normal. But the dps was less than 20k so not comfortably viable beyond that. Obviously one major issue is splitting mag/stam, even with Pelinal set combos.

Then dot meta arrived and I thought what a great opportunity to change up that failed character idea gathering dust, I changed everything into the dot meta and made a viable magplar dot build for pvp. I was having good fun with it and managing decent dps output.

Now they are changing it again again so dots are even worse than before... I just stopped playing the character again instantly. Whats the point.

Honestly ZOS need to stop changing things every patch. Folk need breathing space to enjoy the game and their builds without constantly farming for new gear and having to spend time, effort, gold, mats etc.

Mini rant over.