The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can't stealth due to in combat?

Steel-256
Steel-256
✭✭✭
I know its a big issue with the in-combat mechanic, and it really needs to be fixed. But here is one that happens to me frequently and I'm sure it does to you all as well. I left a keep where we had fought and won to head to another keep. I waited till the in combat thing went off or supposedly went off and mounted up to go to the next keep. Well when I get there I immediately jump off my mount and try to stealth (I'm a nightblade) and it will not let me. I tell my buddy with me to watch, and I continue to slowly crouch and it shows the eye open that I'm detected. NOBODY IS AROUND! Then I open up my menu to notice that somehow I'm in combat and neither I or my buddy have attacked or saw anyone. Only conclusion that I can come up with is that IN-COMBAT somehow is affecting my stealth. WHY DOES IT TAKE SO LONG FOR ZOS TO FIX THINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
STEEL PURE MAN
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get this often. The eye will close then open three times and then it will work 'normally'.
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could also have run too close to an NPC mob during your ride. This puts you in combat and imo its really stupid. Because it lasts for like 5 minutes and your so far away from the mob that there's absolutely no chance it will ever catch you.

This happens often when your in a group running between keeps. Someone in the group/raid just HAS to run right into the stupid mob and causes everyone to go into combat. It's quite stupid imo.
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i hate it
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblades not being able to stealth is the only silver lining to the stuck in combat bug.
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    Swift... Really helps. I know the game should work properly but since it isn't, a little secret Darloc brae set at least 5 med and swift on jewelry and at least a bow on side you get away on and bam even if they see you you can relocate so fast in 3 secs of cloak there's nothing they can do with you. At least till it's fixed. This set on a Stam blade will increase your cloaking ability by a lot. Hope this helps. My reference is mainly for PvP should work just as well in PvE
    Edited by Spartabunny08 on October 1, 2019 9:42AM