The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Rewards for the Worthy QoL Improvement Suggestions

NBrookus
NBrookus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Check mail.. it's full.
Open each mail and get the container, delete and confirm.
Open each container, get random junk.
Inventory gets full.
Decon stuff.
Open more containers.
Get maybe 1 item worth selling or keeping, decon stuff again.

This is a post-PVP chore that's not fun, and with the inflation in AP earnings, RftW mails are the spam of ESO. You get one every few minutes and there's rarely anything actually worthy in it. I suggest making these emails less cumbersome and time consuming, and once again be something to look forward to.

Goals:
  • Reduce the quantity of mails to sift through
  • Maintain the overall value of the rewards
  • Make the items formerly in RftW still easily available

Suggestions:
  1. Put all current RftW mail sets on the town vendors like the old sets are, with the randomized loot tables.
  2. Prune the RftW drop tables to include only impen trait armor pieces, plus the existing random jewelry, weapons and occasional bonus items (keep recall stones and geodes)
  3. Add to the RftW drop tables new bonus items, forward camps and pvp style mats like dawn prism and ancient scale
  4. Send out a RftW mail for every 100k AP instead of 20k AP, and multiply the gold currency x5

Fellow PVPers, do you think the Suggestions reach the stated goals? And do you agree the goals are good in the first place?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing there are would substantially impact the number of mail I get would be #4, and that would be true of any increase in the AP requirement.

This would be fine during regular play, for me, since getting a 100k AP in a play session isnt too unusual.

During Midyear Mayhem? Keep those reward boxes coming! (I think it goes up to every 40k during MM?)
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I was trying to think of way to reduce the volume of mails and junk stuff, but most people like getting goodies. So you gotta have better goodies to make up for fewer goodies.

Really for me, I only care about not getting so many mails to deal with.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spam RftW are to PvP players as hundreds of surveys are to players that do massive daily writs.

What I'm getting at is that the system works fine up to a point. No casual player has any issue with excessive RftW spam but at some point those mails are more trouble than they are worth.

As a very casual player myself, I like the current model as I can stockpile 20 - 30 mails and just open one each day to keep a steady flow of transmute crystals. Your 4th suggestion would put an end to that and put RftW out of range of many casual players to see at a reasonable rate. Any proposed change should keep in mind multiple playstyles, fixing issues for hardcore players while maintaining functionality for casuals.

I'd make a minor adjustment to your #4 and make the guaranteed transmute drop perhaps a weekly with 7 times the current amount of crystals contained inside. You can't really just allow one per day with 5 times the reward as that would be broken on the higher end of the scale.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. requires players to spend more time in Cyrodiil before getting the next reward. Geez5k until my second reward but have to go to work. Would have gotten 7 bag but now only the equivalent of 4 since it ticks less often.
    2. Keeping the same value essentially means you still get the same number of items and you still have to decon just as often.
    3. Zos has no clue what is worth selling or not. What is hot one update is not the next.

I think this is just something that is what it is. Make sure you have plenty of inventory space available.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    1. requires players to spend more time in Cyrodiil before getting the next reward. Geez5k until my second reward but have to go to work. Would have gotten 7 bag but now only the equivalent of 4 since it ticks less often.
    2. Keeping the same value essentially means you still get the same number of items and you still have to decon just as often.
    3. Zos has no clue what is worth selling or not. What is hot one update is not the next.

I think this is just something that is what it is. Make sure you have plenty of inventory space available.

Not the same number -- the same value. Dawn Prism, for example, is worth 100k ap or currently 20k gold. So getting one every now and then is worth more than a stack of ancestor silk by a lot, even assuming a slight dip in price with more supply.

Honestly it's not the inventory space as much as it is the time spent dealing with it. I've heard a lot of complaints about that so I'm surprised the first few replies are "meh."

I think @redspecter23 's point about the geodes is a good one, though, and not one I'd considered.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should just trash the whole Reward for the Worthy system because the only way it's every going to truly "worthy" as opposed to spam is if the sets are actually desirable, which isn;t going to happen because:
    • ZOS's business model is to have us chase new meta sets every DLC
    • They can't balance the sheer number of sets in the game
    • Even if they make the sets good, eventually everyone will have them and price drops to nothing.

So just drop the whole thing and instead replace with a token system where we can choose to buy stuff PvErs and questers can't get elsewhere so we at least don't go broke PvPing
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can agree with that. They certainly don't feel like "rewards"