Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 14:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 14, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 4:00PM EDT (20:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – October 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236
• EU megaservers for maintenance – October 16, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236

This is how Dragonknights attack in Dragonhold Update

StaticWave
StaticWave
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Edited by StaticWave on September 26, 2019 9:19PM
Platform:
PC NA

Main:
Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    d3c7mbj-ba2a09fa-37a1-4ee0-8e9e-9c93d7b8841a.gif?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzE2ODM1MThiLTliNjEtNDQ3Yy05YTE4LWRhYzViMWQxNDM5MFwvZDNjN21iai1iYTJhMDlmYS0zN2ExLTRlZTAtOGU5ZS05YzkzZDdiODg0MWEuZ2lmIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.pCNu1VLVLoe63q5-xXgK-Ps2-6NZ7Y_9ZFpPRukFf6g
    "We're all born under the same sky and on the same earth. Therefore, we all deserve the same amount of respect."
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU
  • ArcVelarian
    ArcVelarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tenor.gif?itemid=9149843
    Murphy's Law of PvP : If it can be abused and or exploited, it will be abused and or exploited.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    tenor.gif?itemid=9149843

xD
    PC EU
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh I get it. Because of the stone.
    PS5 EU.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dwayne, give me strength!

tenor.gif?itemid=10005287
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »
    Dwayne, give me strength!

tenor.gif?itemid=10005287

The Rock!!

Oh.....

Oh.....I see what you did there....
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS vision of Magicka Dragonknight according to players’ recent forums threads:

tumblr_n0e1amzMJj1rzkxhio1_400.gif

Player vision of Magicka Dragonknight according to players’ recent forums threads:

Silly%2BGIF%2B00159.gif

Edited by Taleof2Cities on September 27, 2019 1:22AM
  • Ingel_Riday
    Ingel_Riday
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haha! You guys and gals are shameless. I love it.

On a more on-topic note, the most recent developer post about power fantasies and play patterns is rather interesting.

I can tell you that my play pattern as a magicka dragonknight has usually involved my class specific abilities. I'll cast molten armaments (switched to entropy for a while, but I like buffing my dungeon group too and helping out the healer), then switch over to my main bar and cast blockade before light weaving fiery breath and burning embers. Then I light weave / molten whip until I need to refresh my dots. I've never minded this... because dragonknights are dot-based damage dealers (both in magicka or stamina forms). It's like being a World of Warcraft affliction warlock. It works. The only non-class kit ability above is Blockade, by the way.

Since the upcoming dot nerf is hitting ALL dots by 60% or so AND increasing mana costs for dots ACROSS THE BOARD, my class is affected disproportionately. We're based on dots. It's the core of what we are. It's how we were built, and so this hits us unduly hard. If blockade was the only ability being smacked down, I could have grumbled and marched on. You hit everything but molten whip... and then instead of giving stamina guys a stamina version of molten whip, you gave them rocks to throw. :smiley: It just all feels off. Hence my experimenting with a stamina nightblade build, which suffers in terms of bloodcraze and volley but otherwise is predominantly intact. I'm glad to have an alternative, but now I'm kind of afraid of how my poor Livia (built on the PTS, getting ready to be started up on the NA server) will do when she inevitably gets slaughtered in Update 25.

I'm not sure why they didn't just tone down entropy and soul trap to calm the non-class kit dot craze down instead of smacking down every single dot in the whole game... but eh. Enjoying my character as much as possible before Update 24 hits, and then I'm switching. On the plus side, I'm finally finding the gaming time to carve away at Remedy's Alan Wake / Quantum Break / Control trilogy. That's something, really. Silver lining. :-P

• Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    people have asked for a long time to make stonefist physical - i think its a GOOD change... the skill itself (resp. the effect) is underwhelming but thats something that can be adapted...

but all the whining regardless if zos does A or B is just becoming so tiring... can you even do anything besides whining?
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    giphy.gif?cid=790b76111c320504840ab1bfe22edc0df965d263db2ee082&rid=giphy.gif
    giphy.gif?cid=790b76110c8b2bb0298158b3c6680c60aae39e0872149658&rid=giphy.gif
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    people have asked for a long time to make stonefist physical - i think its a GOOD change... the skill itself (resp. the effect) is underwhelming but thats something that can be adapted...

but all the whining regardless if zos does A or B is just becoming so tiring... can you even do anything besides whining?

Wanna throw some rocks at this guy?
    Edited by GeorgeBlack on September 27, 2019 2:21AM