The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

medium armour StaDen...help please

Rhaegar75
Rhaegar75
✭✭✭✭✭
Right guys...you’ve got to help me out here.

My main PvP chars are Templars but lately I’ve been giving Stamdens a go. Due to being a noob for this class, I’ve relied on Dizzy for stuns and damage.

Obviously this is now history!!!

Can any of you suggest any medium armour build that doesn’t involve using dizzy? I've seen a lot of Brass out there but I'm not to keen. I was thinking Bone Pirate + Hunding rage?!?!? Any good? Open to suggestions!!

Thanks
  • RighteousBacon
    RighteousBacon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Believe it or not stamden heals kinda suck if you don’t stack stam or weapon damage. Bp and hundings should work. I run spriggans and hundings. Twohanded spriggans with master’s bow backbar. Bloodspawn is probably your best bet on the monster set.

Don’t expect to be very tanky, even on a Nord, if you don’t run brass. Medium stamden has crazy high damage and burst but that’s it.
    Edited by RighteousBacon on September 24, 2019 11:34PM
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah that would do pretty well, make Hundings chest heavy as it offers the most armor resistance of any body piece, and Bloodspawn. The only issue then is a stun, if you dont use Bow stun you wont have one. Even Fury Jewellery and Weapons could work.

PS the Ancient Dragonguard set coming out in Dragonhold looks really nice.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LeHarrt91 wrote: »

It looks good on paper, but IMO you loose a lot of wep dmg below 50% health and that means your heals will be weaker as well.
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ToxicPAWS wrote: »

It looks good on paper, but IMO you loose a lot of wep dmg below 50% health and that means your heals will be weaker as well.

But you get armor and it makes your stronger.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is my concern. Weaker heals when you need them more.

On my medium armor Stamden, I'm dropping fortified brass and going to try the new 500 weapon damage/5% cost increase crafted set with pariah and imperial race next patch.
    Edited by MurderMostFoul on September 26, 2019 3:41AM
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But you get armor and it makes your stronger.

There is more to defence than just armour stacking.

The loss of the wpn dmg means you'll have less heals when you need to heal most. Id rather have the extra heals than armour at that stage.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    any alternative to Hunding + BP?

Brass does keep me alive more but I find the damage really sluggish..not really for me. I'd rather have more stamina and roll dodging more often
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Believe it or not stamden heals kinda suck if you don’t stack stam or weapon damage. .

Isn't that the case with like majority of the heals in the game?

And to answer OP's question, what is wrong with using dizzying swing? Its still gonna be good next patch. As for sets I'm sure there are better alternatives than hundings, there is that new set which gives very high constant weapon damage but has like %5 cost increase, that one might be ideal.

And armor of the truth also looks hot next patch.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on October 3, 2019 7:14PM
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you already running off balance cp for the free stun?

If not, dizzy will be a big damage boost next patch with procing exploiter and granting you 10% more dmg for a few seconds.
    Then it also gives your next heavy attack 70%more dmg, double resources back, AND stun. That heavy attack THEN increases your next damage attack by 10% as well. It's incredible synergy and anyone not using off balance is doing it wrong imo. All my stam classes sustain fine in medium and 1200 regen bc of off balance.
    Edited by EtTuBrutus on October 3, 2019 7:46PM
  • Delsskia
    Delsskia
    ✭✭✭✭
    5x Bone Pirate OR Draugr Hulk - 5x Spriggan's and 2x Blood Spawn. The Draugr Hulk will give you a wee bit more weapon dmg over the Bone Pirate. Bone Pirate will give you more stam regen. Either way will work. Very solid damage, good regen and very good survivability.

Of course, better sets may be available in a few weeks but those will still work just fine.

Bow back bar for easy Ulti gain. I use the back bar for buffs and heals and I have Turn Undead on the back bar. I also use a defending bow because I don't really try to do dmg with it, just regen Ulti. Permafrost for a defensive Ulti

Dual wield front bar for dmg and Dawnbreaker for the Ulti.

NA-PC
    Fantasia
  • jecks33
    jecks33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    7th legion will be good next patch?
    PC-EU
  • jaime1982
    jaime1982
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I knew how to post pics I would.
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rhaegar75 - I forgot to ask if you are looking for to play in CP or no CP Open world or in BG. All have different setups depending upon content you are doing. As a medium Armour user, there are so many options to choose from and they are all more or less with 5-10% to each other in terms of sustain/ damage.
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrbanMonk wrote: »
    @Rhaegar75 - I forgot to ask if you are looking for to play in CP or no CP Open world or in BG. All have different setups depending upon content you are doing. As a medium Armour user, there are so many options to choose from and they are all more or less with 5-10% to each other in terms of sustain/ damage.

good point and thank you for flagging the CP/no CP options....I tend to play both really and I'm sitting on 1000+CP points
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    couple of questions:

1. have you changed much gear wise since the new patch?
    2. do you use any stun? if so which one? If not...how do you manage?...just to clarify: I'm used to templars and I tend to use either toppling charge or javelin

thanks for any tips!!!
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a stun you can try the Cutting Dive/ Heavy attack combo or maybe use Magnum Shot or Turn Evil.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• Millz
    Millz
    ✭✭✭
    UrbanMonk wrote: »

it all depends if you run alot of heals then it would be bad but say you only run vigor and 1 hot then you would rather mit damage than try and out heal it
    Brenhji
    PC NA - 400 cp
    (Retired) XBOX NA - 1006 cp

---Say no to standardization---
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    POWER SLAM
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast