The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How to do Delves?

WiseSky
WiseSky
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I recently started playing and like to do immerse myself into story by having quests before entering certain areas like delves.
I started in Aurion and found a book called Entila's Folly which directed me to the cave that was a Delve.
Now there are other delves I found but not related to quests or books so my question is will I find book or quests related to delves or are they stand alone dungeons to be done?
Immersive Quests Addon
Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
List of Immersion Addons
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oneskygod wrote: »
    I recently started playing and like to do immerse myself into story by having quests before entering certain areas like delves.
    I started in Aurion and found a book called Entila's Folly which directed me to the cave that was a Delve.
    Now there are other delves I found but not related to quests or books so my question is will I find book or quests related to delves or are they stand alone dungeons to be done?

Sometimes a book or NPC conversation hints to a delve. Sometimes there is a quest giving NPC near the delve, sometimes not. Sometimes there is a quest inside, sometimes not. Some delves are on the daily undauted mission list.

You cant go wrong with delves. Either you find one by exploring or a NPC/book is hinting to it. You also cant mess up the story arc with delves.
    Edited by mague on September 24, 2019 6:07AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delves are small side quests, sometimes tangentially related to the zone's story line, and easily completed by one person. Most will have a quest either nearby or inside. The Undaunted daily offered by Bolgrul will direct you to certain delves.

Public Dungeons will have a standalone quest dealing with the events going on inside the public dungeon. Again, you may acquire the quest inside or outside the public dungeon. Alternatively, the Mages Guild dailies will direct you to certain base game public dungeons.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most Delves you just discover on your own. There are 6 in Each Major Zone. Couple of the DLC zones have less. There is an Exploration Achievement that helps you track finding them.

All Delves have a Skyshard inside.

Most all Delves have a related quest, usually a FedEx kind of Quest where you deliver something.

Sonetimes you get to help an NPC. Taking the easy way out of dialog choices using persuasion or intimidation usually means an NPC dies, so don't be lazy.

There are always books and papers in a Delve that give you a backstory on the place, read them. Some are quite poignant.

Look around the outside near the entrance, sometimes books are moved there after so you read them easier. Not sure how much this is still done on non quest locked literature.
    Edited by Nestor on September 24, 2019 12:53PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the Info guys love it
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Usually the quests starters for quests related to delves are near the entrance to the delve or inside the delve.

Sometimes you can acquire knowledge about a delve's location by reading a book or by talking to a npc.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP