The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Imperial City / Sewers Severely broken in current design

StormRaven
Cutting back IC to 2 servers and not enforcing smaller group sizes has made IC virtually unplayable. It's full of nothing but zergs now, which is limiting the amount of telvar one can earn, both because friendly zergs on bosses are reducing the overall payout to those involved in the kill...or if more than 12 people are on the boss, if you're not one of the highest DPS, you're outta luck. The other problem is if we're in an originally intended group size of 6-12 it's too easy to be zerged down by enemy alliances, thus losing more telvar than being made. There needs to be more servers opened up, with smaller population caps and a group size limit in place. Either that or SERIOUSLY cut down the prices of items bought with telvar to reflect the impossible odds with which to get them.

With the rate of telvar generation now it takes about as long to earn 25K now as it did to come up with 200K for the large chests under the old ways when IC was tied to Cyrodiil. The breaking changes lately (not just in PVP) have been making it harder and harder to justify paying $60/month for 4 ESO+ accounts (2 PC, 2 Xbox 1), and I'm seriously considering just closing everything out and going back to GW2.

And before anyone tries to berate me and say "git gud", I am good. I have no problem 1vXing people...when it's not me against 30-60 other players. You wanna zerg, up go into Cyrodiil and take part in Seige play designed for 24 man - 60 man groups. Leave IC for those who enjoy the smaller gameplay experience, but want to do something alliance based as opposed to Battleground arena crap shoot.

More server instances, smaller population caps, 12 man group locks. I'd personally prefer 6, but that might be too much the other way. Oh, and make the severs lock down so there's no more than 6 full groups worth of players allowed per alliance. Just my recommendations.
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We had multiple IC instances before Elsweyr.
    Most of them were all dead and had all flags of 1 color. No matter your alliance, you could easily find an instance where all flags were of your alliance's color.
    In other words, they were PvE farming instances. Is that what you want?

IMO telvar is near worthless, there isn't really anything good to buy with it, unless you're into selling Hakeijo or alchemy mats. Even then that's not very time-efficient, compared to other ways of earning gold.

I do agree on the zergs though, that's a major turn-off. Not much point in going into IC solo in primetime, unless you are a NB.

Unfortunately, the basic premise behind IC is fundamentally broken.
    Poor design decisions mean that instead of being a PvPvE zone as intended, it functions as a primarily PvE zone and incentivizes either avoiding PvP altogether, or - failing that - ensuring easy wins through overwhelming numbers.
  • linoge63
    linoge63
    ✭✭✭
    I might be the only one that thinks this yet, when I go in and see a fellow factioneer in battle I immediately move to aid, then it dawns on me....NOPE, you are going to take half of what he's hunting for your help.

It to me is a pure dev troll "feature" that competition with faction members exists in IC.