The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

EHT v14.5.5 - Saved selection issue

sueblue
sueblue
✭✭✭✭
Ahoy Fellow EHT Lovers,

Has anyone else noticed that Saved Selections aren't working properly? I know @R_K is super busy so I was hoping the community could help me figure this out.

I saved a Work in Progress selection because I wanted to see how the whole layout would look at a different angle. When I didn't like the new angle, I tried to Revert to Last Save and nothing happened. Next, I tried Copy/Paste > Copy Saved Selection > Paste from Selection and things looked like the were moving but they actually stayed in the same place. In a last ditch effort I tried Copy/Paste > Copy Saved Selection > Paste from House Items and the items danced but stayed in the same place.

I eventually had to use one of the Automatic Backups but that's just for emergencies, right? Is there a new check box to save item location that I missed?

<3sueblue

Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    sueblue wrote: »
    Ahoy Fellow EHT Lovers,

Has anyone else noticed that Saved Selections aren't working properly? I know @R_K is super busy so I was hoping the community could help me figure this out.

I saved a Work in Progress selection because I wanted to see how the whole layout would look at a different angle. When I didn't like the new angle, I tried to Revert to Last Save and nothing happened. Next, I tried Copy/Paste > Copy Saved Selection > Paste from Selection and things looked like the were moving but they actually stayed in the same place. In a last ditch effort I tried Copy/Paste > Copy Saved Selection > Paste from House Items and the items danced but stayed in the same place.

I eventually had to use one of the Automatic Backups but that's just for emergencies, right? Is there a new check box to save item location that I missed?

<3sueblue

This... seems like what happened to my last house which caused me to have to build it again. You explain it better than I do. I'll poke cardi to look at your post. Thank you.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @StabbityDoom.

Something similar happened to my friend wherein she saved a layout to paste into another player's home and it was like the Saved Selection was overwritten when she selected the items in the new house. I had her crash the game so the new layout wouldn't get written to Shared Variables and that actually worked.

I am sorry to hear you had to rebuild a whole house! At least mine was just a room.
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks @StabbityDoom.

Something similar happened to my friend wherein she saved a layout to paste into another player's home and it was like the Saved Selection was overwritten when she selected the items in the new house. I had her crash the game so the new layout wouldn't get written to Shared Variables and that actually worked.

I am sorry to hear you had to rebuild a whole house! At least mine was just a room.

I too put an old build over a current build, trying to see where I had something located. Then when i tried to remove it, it all was in a big old stack next to me. Wouldn't rebuild.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think I figured out how tow make the Saved Selection work.
    1. Select all the items, give it a name, and save.
    2. Clear/New Selection
    3. Manually reselect all the items in the build. Don't use Load a saved selection.
    4. Copy/Paste > Copy Saved Selection > Paste from Selection

It may have been a fluke but this just worked for me.

Edited by sueblue on September 24, 2019 8:25PM
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think I figured out how tow make the Saved Selection work.
    1. Selection all the items, give it a name, and save.
    2. Clear/New Selection
    3. Manually reselect all the items in the build. Don't use Load a saved selection.
    4. Copy/Paste > Copy Saved Selection > Paste from Selection

It may have been a fluke but this just worked for me.

I definitely did not do it this way. Thanks for the heads up. I really do think you found the issue.

I messaged cardi in game yesterday, with his new job he's been hopping, but I know he'll get to this.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I apologize for any inconvenience, @sueblue - @StabbityDoom told me about this a few days ago and I just got the time to fix the issue tonight. 14.5.6 is now available for download which should resolve the underlying problem - but, if you still experience any issues, please do let me know! <3
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will download it and let you know. Thanks for being so awesome @R_K! <3
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No big deal, thanks Cardi for fixing it, but the house came out better than i did it the first time anyway! LOL!
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot