Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

new set for 100% stun immunity

visionality
visionality
✭✭✭✭✭
Recently I see a small but increasing amount of players that manage to maintain 100% snare and stun immunity during PVP fights (lasting 3+ minutes). Its neither constant recast of immovability or forward momentum or any other visible skill, nor is it immovable pods. Seems to be immanent to the build. Can anyone enlighten me what makes them completely immune to every kind of stun or snare?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't just have it passively up, but you can stagger immovable pots, immovable poison, etc for 100% uptime.

What you're asking I can not exactly answer however
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It just seems that way because they are animation cancelling their CC break free

I get accused of this pretty often but if you go back and watch my stream from my end you can clearly see me getting CCd and breaking free.

The usual culprit for this is the jumping and falling animation. If you get CCd and break it in midair, Landing from the jump will overwrite the break free animation from the perspective of the attacker.
    Edited by Thogard on September 23, 2019 8:41PM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• visionality
    visionality
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Thogard Was my frist thought, too, but no, they are not cc'd at all. If im trying to stun them with rune cage e.g. I can never place it on them. They really have permanent immunity. Quite easy to detemine when 1vs1ing them.

And @Waffennacht, its also not stacking of immovable pots etc because then I would see that lovely white circle around their feet indicating immunity.
    Edited by visionality on September 23, 2019 9:10PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Thogard Was my frist thought, too, but no, they are not cc'd at all. If im trying to stun them with rune cage e.g. I can never place it on them. They really have permanent immunity. Quite easy to detemine when 1vs1ing them.

And @Waffennacht, its also not stacking of immovable pots etc because then I would see that lovely white circle around their feet indicating immunity.

Could be some new cheat maybe? The grayed out CC is a good point.

Literally there's no way for 100% immunity without using things; I also kinda feel you know this but don't wanna say cheating lol.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There used to be a bug that caused this in duels. 6 months or more back. Could have popped back.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't put it past cc hax from some people sadly. Would be naive to say that cheats dont exist, even if alot of "cheats" can be explained by bugs and desyncs.
    Edited by GhostofDatthaw on September 23, 2019 9:53PM
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barkskin?
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curse eater proc?
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had read a long time ago that assassin's guile + immovable poison gives 100% uptime if procced on cooldown.
    PvP needs more love.
  • nekura
    nekura
    ✭✭✭
    Have you tried srendarr and seeing what buffs they have up? Could possibly be the heavy armor skill. One of the morphs is bugged on PTS atm and doesn’t snare... I don’t think it’s like that on live.

You can even see ‘Crowd Control Immunity’ as a buff.
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you break free, then use a immov pot, and then use berserker rage all back to back, thats 23.4 seconds of immunity. And that can go longer if you use an immov pot that doesnt have any other effects on it. Even longer with the heavy armor skill.

I just gave myself some great ideas...hehe :)
    Edited by Akinos on September 23, 2019 11:18PM
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

PC?

I've had similar problems, but instead untargeteable enemies.

Maybe it is lag... but...
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • ganzaeso
    ganzaeso
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will there be any stuns left to worry about after update 24?
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It might be Meridia Blessings set
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh yeah that’s a known bug. Rune Cage and petrify won’t work on the person until they zone. If you tried again with dizzy / reverb / draining shot / destro clench and that didn’t work either then it isn’t the bug, but if your only CCs were rune Cage and petrify then they can suffer from this bug.

I’m pretty sure they actually fixed it on PTS. Pretty sure there’s a patch note about it.

If you suspect someone has the bug, ask them to check their character sheet for the buffs. There should be a “CC Immunity” for billions of seconds on there lol.

I’m 99% sure it’s caused by dying inside of a fossilize while you’re CC broken in the client but while the server hasn’t gotten that yet and still thinks your fossilized. Not 100% sure that causes it but I know that dying inside the fossilize / rune Cage is definitely a prerequisite for the bug.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Could be some new cheat maybe? The grayed out CC is a good point.

Literally there's no way for 100% immunity without using things; I also kinda feel you know this but don't wanna say cheating lol.

It could just be how they are moving. Those skills rune cage, petrify, etc. have targeting requiring you to be on the same plane. If the plane is not flat you cannot target opponents with those abilities. You can also make use of move speed and move in a certain way to prevent ever being targeted by such skills.

Finally, there is a bug that can be exploited on live where you are dead, yet not dead. In the previous patches, sets like Eternal Yokeda and Pheonix could be exploited to gain this status, but you can also do it if you know how to "move through planes." You cannot be targeted because the game apparently sets your character status as dead once you move through a certain number of planes on the overland world, but you are not dead. Only AoE damage can be applied to you in this state and no targeting works.

That's one serious physics bug that should be fixed but probably won't be so I will say no more of such a bug.
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    would love to see a vid of the rune cage being unusable over a 3 minute duel
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Beoulve/Howl Kimchi
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could it be they were just using the heavy armor acitive skill to get high uptime on immov? This seems like the most likely explanation. Aside from that the best way to get high uptime on immov is with immov poisons and assassins guile cycled with immov pots.
  • visionality
    visionality
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the ideas and suggestions everybody. Actually I was hoping to get some easy explanation like "hey, there is that new set XY that gives you permanent stun immunity". Most of the given explanations quickly feel very fishy (epscially the plane theory by @Kadoin. I have to admit that I didnt understand at all what you were pointing at :astonished:).

@HaruKamui: I didnt record the 1vs1 fight with 3 min of greyed-out rune cage but I have videos where streak, atro and a dragon leap of a friend didnt do anything to one of those 100%-immuners. Ofc, his name is plainly visible during the fight so I cant post it here.

Maybe its just a graphic bug not displaying the immovable buff on those players but still it's astonishing that they manage to keep it up 100% of all time - even when being surprise attacked.