Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stam DK small scale build without Dizzy Swing?

Appo
Appo
✭✭✭
Hi everyone, im looking for a build that doesnt rely on DS as i despise it!! Its unreliable in zergy areas and any decent player can avoid it all day long!

Im currently using 5 sprig 5 med fortified with BRP dw on back bar, i love the build but really want an alternative to DS!

I have tried replacing sprigg with deadly strike and trying to use dot pressure and rapids but anyone in heavy just takes the dmg all day long, any suggestions greatly appriciated.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So you use a defensive build and want damage? Serious or joking?
  • Appo
    Appo
    ✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »

Are u for real? 80% stam dds are running around in 5 heavy 😂😂😂
  • Alfie2072
    Alfie2072
    ✭✭✭

yeeeeeeeeeeeah this is a dumb comment
    PvP - Stamina Warden - Stamina Templar - Stamina Dragonknight - Stamina Nightblade
    Worst Twitch Streamer Here
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Appo wrote: »

Two damage sets on Heavy is more than on StamDK than One Damage set on medium. In fact medium Fortified in live is tankier than Heavy if not just as tanky.
  • Appo
    Appo
    ✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »

Two damage sets on Heavy is more than on StamDK than One Damage set on medium. In fact medium Fortified in live is tankier than Heavy if not just as tanky.

Missing the point, i do more than enough damage and my survivabilty is on point in 5 med fortified 5 spriggans 2 bloodspawn, thats not what im askin in the post, im asking for an alternative to Dizzying Swing because i hate it!

When i drop Dizzying Swing is where the issue lies!
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The guy running a med armor, with Spriggan and u bash him..
    Another proof that the forum full of players that have no idea WTF they talk about.

To OP,
    If u like S&B u can try Power Slam, its a bit weird, but hey, its better than the throwing a freaking rock.
    Edited by amir412 on September 25, 2019 12:36PM
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alfie2072 wrote: »

Even for forum standarts.

Imagine unironically calling a guy in medium spriggans ''defensive''.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on September 25, 2019 1:50PM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wait till next patch and fist em’ bro no need to worry about sets or other skills.
  • Paramundo
    Paramundo

Maybe he plays a shield stacking sorc in offensive light armour.
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flurry, crushing weapon or new glorified rock can be spamable alternatives. Look at their tooltips but d swing is one of the highest damage spamables among generic skills.

Stun on 5th hit seems weak but tooltip damage matters too.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Been using the same build for a year and never changed it except morphing Heroic to Deep Slash. The only thing it's lost is defile from Reverb Bash but still works great for me.

2H/SnB

Master's 2H

Seventh/Crest

Bloodspawn

7 heavy

Gold food.

I like medium on stam sorc, Warden and stamplar but its never made any sense on DK to me. It's designed for defence, so I built mine to compliment its strongest attributes.

Not telling you how to play, just don't see the benefit from medium passives on a dragonknight.
    PC EU
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi everyone, im looking for a build that doesnt rely on DS as i despise it!! Its unreliable in zergy areas and any decent player can avoid it all day long!

Im currently using 5 sprig 5 med fortified with BRP dw on back bar, i love the build but really want an alternative to DS!

I have tried replacing sprigg with deadly strike and trying to use dot pressure and rapids but anyone in heavy just takes the dmg all day long, any suggestions greatly appriciated.

battlefield accrobat + potentates + leap... build ulti through new fist and jump
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Your build is fine. Are you running quick cloak? A bit of speed helps land your dizzy swings. If you’re using the other morph it could help explain issues why you don’t like dizzy. Otherwise maybe one or two swift traits could help.

If you just plain don’t like dizzy try the fighter’s guild spammable (forgot the name). It’ll be a lot less burst but the cleave damage and range is decent.
    Edited by Iskiab on September 27, 2019 4:23PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Appo
    Appo
    ✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

Your build is fine. Are you running quick cloak? A bit of speed helps land your dizzy swings. If you’re using the other morph it could help explain issues why you don’t like dizzy. Otherwise maybe one or two swift traits could help.

If you just plain don’t like dizzy try the fighter’s guild spammable (forgot the name). It’ll be a lot less burst but the cleave damage and range is decent.

Thanks for your suggestion, yes im running quick cloak and steed mundus, it just doesnt sit well with me for some reason, when it hits it hits like a truck but i feel like when i really need it to hit it lets me down 😂

Ill give fighters guild a try, silver leash i think it is.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’m not the best as stam, I mainly play mag but I tried it on an alt and liked it. At first I found it a bit clunky, but then I noticed it’s easier to light attack weave with because the animation’s pretty close to a second long, if you’re like me and sometimes button spam and mess up the timing.
    Edited by Iskiab on September 27, 2019 5:54PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I use silver shards as my spammable on my stamden. For what our group does — running about 12 in group and fighting sometimes 2-3 times our number— it works pretty well. As long as you have at least 2 targets that get hit by it then it’s about equal to if not greater than the damage done by dizzying, minus the knock back of course. Also you get the fighters guild passive damage buff as well as it being a ranged ability.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • LuxLunae
    LuxLunae
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No you know you had a fked up build that was op GO AND CRY IN THE CORNER QQ BABY
  • Appo
    Appo
    ✭✭✭
    LuxLunae wrote: »

No you know you had a fked up build that was op GO AND CRY IN THE CORNER QQ BABY

Sorry i dont understand what your getting at here?
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Appo sounds like salt to me. Referring to qq post
    Edited by MajBludd on September 28, 2019 2:45PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Been using the same build for a year and never changed it except morphing Heroic to Deep Slash. The only thing it's lost is defile from Reverb Bash but still works great for me.

2H/SnB

Master's 2H

Seventh/Crest

Bloodspawn

7 heavy

Gold food.

I like medium on stam sorc, Warden and stamplar but its never made any sense on DK to me. It's designed for defence, so I built mine to compliment its strongest attributes.

Not telling you how to play, just don't see the benefit from medium passives on a dragonknight.

Does 7 heavy work as a DK still? All I see in pvp is Onslaught and Dizzy Swing in my death recaps, Id be worried about someone onslaughting me and reducing me to 0 resistances. At least with medium you’ll have sustain and other bonus’ to help stay alive.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Paramundo wrote: »

Actually on no class I play, stam or mag, do I use damage shields (or even SnB). I only play with active defense and full damage builds. I consider his build a defensive one because he uses a defensive set and BRP DW - both two defensive crutches that still happen to cut into his damage no matter how OP they are. I would still argue that they are both useless in certain situations, namely --

You know, I'll stop there because you guys no longer deserve to know any better.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People, anything with a cast time is not a spammable. Dizzy was used because the was nothing better to use.
  • Appo
    Appo
    ✭✭✭

Actually on no class I play, stam or mag, do I use damage shields (or even SnB). I only play with active defense and full damage builds. I consider his build a defensive one because he uses a defensive set and BRP DW - both two defensive crutches that still happen to cut into his damage no matter how OP they are. I would still argue that they are both useless in certain situations, namely --

You know, I'll stop there because you guys no longer deserve to know any better.

Wow, ur full of yourself aint ya son?
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Wow, ur full of yourself aint ya son?

Yes, I am full of AP. Thanks for asking.