The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS preview for final wing of Hall of Lunar Champion house

Zypheran
Zypheran
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
This is a preview of the last section of the Lunar Champion house.
The lights are just put in so you can see the house
https://youtu.be/5zyJPy8ddhM
All my housing builds are available on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's a nice little cottage! I was happy to see it instead of yet another crumbling stone ruin wing. :lol:

The Hall of the Lunar Champion was a charming little experimental house, condensing four separate areas in one home, and I think they did a good job overall, giving us something that captures the spirit of Elsweyr (and Scalebreaker, and Dragonhold, since there is almost no difference between the DLCs this year) in its wings.

But it just highlights the larger issue of housing this year - why exactly they had to make 6 different houses all in the Elsweyr style when HoTLC already fulfills most of that on its own and there's so much overlap as a result this year. :confused:
    • Sugar Bowl Suite is a small wodden Elsweyr house without a garden
    • The 3rd wing of HotLC is a small wooden Elsweyr house with a garden
    • Lucky Cat Landing is a medium wooden Elsweyr house with a garden
    • Jode's Embrace is a large wooden Elsweyr house with a garden
    • The main hall of HotLC is a small stone Elsweyr ruin with no garden
    • The 2nd wing of HotLC is a small stone Elsweyr ruin with a garden
    • The Plane of Jode area of Jode's Embrace is a medium stone Elsweyr ruin with a magical garden
    • Potentate's Retreat is a large stone Elsweyr ruin with a garden
    • The 1st wing of the HoTLC is a small free-build Elsweyr ruin with a garden
    • Moon-Sugar Meadow is a large free-build Elsweyr ruin with a garden
    They should have just scrapped at last half of the Elsweyr style houses this year since there is so much overlap between them, and should have just come up with some highly requested houses or something completely new.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have enough of these Khajiit houses or huts. Also, how many players want a mouldy cottage? For me this wing is totally underwhelming.

Why is that?

Because of the novelty of this house, which has 3 separate wings. Since they are accessible by portals, the wings can be anywhere, so this feature offered A LOT of potential which was wasted probably in two wings out of 3. I liked the 1st portal, the Halls of Colossus view. It is quite unique, it reminds me of the prologue, so I have some connection to it, and you can build a lot of things there.

The Moongrave part is somehow odd and does not offer much, since it is the same like the base house. It should have been on a shore somewhere.

The 3rd wing is where I had the most expectations, because we waited for a long time to get here... I was expecting something unique, original, maybe an oblivion pocket, or a Jode plane like in the main quest. Or some underwater bubble, a ship, a tower, a dragon related place... something to feel like an accomplishment, a worthy conclusion to your year long dragon slaying adventure. Instead you get an old abandoned Khajiiti house, which is (more or less) a copy of Sleek Creek house.

Also, from my point of view, it does not work well as a house for me... this wing is a house within a house, not an extension to use for something else. OK, I understand, it is Khunzar-ri's home, but we did not have any quest to his past so we can have some connection to his past, rather than his final adventures. That is why I don't feel that I want this house or it is of any importance for my char.

Your thoughts?
    Edited by kind_hero on September 25, 2019 7:35AM
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really liked the idea of a house that would be released in pieces as the year long story was being told.

I liked how the first wing looked and how it tied up with the story being told (from the player's perspective, it's where a story begins, but it's where another story ended for most people in Elsweyr. It might had been the place Khunzar-ri would go to reminisce about his big feat).
    The first wing is also a "sample" of the (almost) empty plots of land we can get in the game, and gives players a chance to try their hands at decorating such a plot.

The second wing is my favorite. I love the sense of serenity in there, although it took me a while to realize it wasn't an outside area with a library.

We were told the last wing would be Khunzar-ri's childhood home and I was very excited to see it. It was a huge disappointment to me, but it makes sense for it to be the way it is.

When we first gained access to the Hall, we were told that the whole place was built as a tribute to Khunzar-ri and passed down to other heroes. It makes sense to me that the Khajiit would build it in front of his childhood house to preserve a "historical site".

It also makes sense that the house and its surroundings are moldy and unkempt - the main hall itself had debris scattered around when we first gained access to it.

I was expecting a house in the same architectural style as the other three areas, but from a story-telling perspective, it makes sense for it to be different.

Although my first reaction to the new wing was of disappointment, I think it will be the one wing where I will play the most. The first wing is an almost blank canvas, and those intimidate me. The second one is too specific and requires very little to make it feel done. The third, OTOH, can become almost anything - a derelict house with broken furniture and trash, a storage area, a shrine, a haunted house...
    Edited by KMarble on September 25, 2019 4:13PM
  • StrandedMonkey
    StrandedMonkey
    ✭✭✭✭
    KMarble wrote: »

It also makes sense that the house and its surroundings are moldy and unkempt - the main hall itself had debris scattered around when we first gained access to it.

except in the main room you can pick up the debris, in this room you have to deal with the molding walls
  • LaughingGremlin
    LaughingGremlin
    ✭✭✭
    KMarble wrote: »

except in the main room you can pick up the debris, in this room you have to deal with the molding walls

It would nice if they let us take out the fence like we can take out the debris in the first wing.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is it possible to only unlock say, the third wing of this house if you don't care for the other rooms? Or do they have to be opened sequentially.

Edited: Because I can't count :)
    Edited by anadandy on September 26, 2019 7:00PM
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it always night in this wing?
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I've seen it in the daytime. Night is fairly long in ESO, 30m or more maybe?
    Edited by Earrindo on September 27, 2019 6:35AM
  • Philtho
    Philtho
    ✭✭✭
    I've been pretty disappointed with the entire hall mostly. I can understand they want to make money from the store with people buying proper homes, but every time I portal into HoLC it's just so dark and sad looking even for a freebie.

Makes me want to play Bauhaus and mope around like when I was 15.