The Firesong DLC and Update 36 base game patch are now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Should zos bar anyone late cp200+ from the under lvl 50 campaign

Squidgaurd
Squidgaurd
✭✭✭
Most lowbies have problems with general mechanics to pit them against vetted out twinks and tryhards is gg freind.
Edited by Squidgaurd on September 23, 2019 12:11PM

Should zos bar anyone late cp200+ from the under lvl 50 campaign 52 votes

Yes
28% 15 votes
No
59% 31 votes
Im a twink that farms lowbies
5% 3 votes
Everyone is the jerk here
5% 3 votes
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they wanted to create a campaign for truly experienced players, yes. Though even there, they'd run into the issue of experienced players just deleting characters before they hit 200 CP.

    However, looking at Battlegrounds, we can guess that ZOS seems pretty happy to have simple "Below Level 50" PVP, instead of concerning themselves with a campaign/BG for the truly inexperienced. That cam be due to a number of reasons. Perhaps they think that fighting more experienced players is a good thing, or perhaps they think a campaign for truly new players would be severely underused and vulnerable to AP farming.
  • Squidgaurd
    Squidgaurd
    ✭✭✭
    If they wanted to create a campaign for truly experienced players, yes. Though even there, they'd run into the issue of experienced players just deleting characters before they hit 200 CP.

    However, looking at Battlegrounds, we can guess that ZOS seems pretty happy to have simple "Below Level 50" PVP, instead of concerning themselves with a campaign/BG for the truly inexperienced. That cam be due to a number of reasons. Perhaps they think that fighting more experienced players is a good thing, or perhaps they think a campaign for truly new players would be severely underused and vulnerable to AP farming.

    No you seem to be missing something fundimental no one in their right God loving mind would ever reroll an account just to twink in lowbies no matter how much of a twink they are. On the other point sure fighting vets is good experience when they play fair that is you can litteraly 2 shot people on some of these builds bruh.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Squidgaurd wrote: »
    If they wanted to create a campaign for truly experienced players, yes. Though even there, they'd run into the issue of experienced players just deleting characters before they hit 200 CP.

    However, looking at Battlegrounds, we can guess that ZOS seems pretty happy to have simple "Below Level 50" PVP, instead of concerning themselves with a campaign/BG for the truly inexperienced. That cam be due to a number of reasons. Perhaps they think that fighting more experienced players is a good thing, or perhaps they think a campaign for truly new players would be severely underused and vulnerable to AP farming.

    No you seem to be missing something fundimental no one in their right God loving mind would ever reroll an account just to twink in lowbies no matter how much of a twink they are. On the other point sure fighting vets is good experience when they play fair that is you can litteraly 2 shot people on some of these builds bruh.

    Does ZOS care?

    Given that they now allow players to buy a number of skill lines for use in low level BGs below the level where you'd nornally acquire them, I'm going to guess they don't care.

    Like I clearly stated above, if they wanted to create a campaign for truly new players, they could.

    A CP 200 cutoff, however, isnt a foolproof method. It'll knock the current crop of vets out, but won't stop a new bunch from leveling up and deleting alts just below the cutoff.
  • Squidgaurd
    Squidgaurd
    ✭✭✭
    Squidgaurd wrote: »
    If they wanted to create a campaign for truly experienced players, yes. Though even there, they'd run into the issue of experienced players just deleting characters before they hit 200 CP.

    However, looking at Battlegrounds, we can guess that ZOS seems pretty happy to have simple "Below Level 50" PVP, instead of concerning themselves with a campaign/BG for the truly inexperienced. That cam be due to a number of reasons. Perhaps they think that fighting more experienced players is a good thing, or perhaps they think a campaign for truly new players would be severely underused and vulnerable to AP farming.

    No you seem to be missing something fundimental no one in their right God loving mind would ever reroll an account just to twink in lowbies no matter how much of a twink they are. On the other point sure fighting vets is good experience when they play fair that is you can litteraly 2 shot people on some of these builds bruh.

    Does ZOS care?

    Given that they now allow players to buy a number of skill lines for use in low level BGs below the level where you'd nornally acquire them, I'm going to guess they don't care.

    Like I clearly stated above, if they wanted to create a campaign for truly new players, they could.

    A CP 200 cutoff, however, isnt a foolproof method. It'll knock the current crop of vets out, but won't stop a new bunch from leveling up and deleting alts just below the cutoff.

    No one litteraly no one would ever delete an account just to reroll and twink that woulbe be largly impracticle and would cost millions of gold.
  • Squidgaurd
    Squidgaurd
    ✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    CP does not equal PVP experience. You could have a CP 2000 player who has never stepped foot into PVP. The Under 50 campaign isn't just for "new" players. It is for "new to PVP" players. A place to get your feet wet before being completely dominated in the Vet campaigns. Or, it is for learning a new class against other players with under leveled skill lines. You aren't going to learn anything about a characters performance in PVP at level 20 when everyone else has full gear sets and passive abilities.

    A veteran player no matter how scrubby has no reason to be in lowbies.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Squidgaurd wrote: »
    jaws343 wrote: »
    CP does not equal PVP experience. You could have a CP 2000 player who has never stepped foot into PVP. The Under 50 campaign isn't just for "new" players. It is for "new to PVP" players. A place to get your feet wet before being completely dominated in the Vet campaigns. Or, it is for learning a new class against other players with under leveled skill lines. You aren't going to learn anything about a characters performance in PVP at level 20 when everyone else has full gear sets and passive abilities.

    A veteran player no matter how scrubby has no reason to be in lowbies.

    How much CP do you have, and why do you care? Why don't you just play in the non under 50 campaign if it bothers you so much?

    But to your point, being fresh to PVP is a valid reason to play in the beginner PVP mode. That is literally it's purpose.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Squidgaurd wrote: »
    Squidgaurd wrote: »
    If they wanted to create a campaign for truly experienced players, yes. Though even there, they'd run into the issue of experienced players just deleting characters before they hit 200 CP.

    However, looking at Battlegrounds, we can guess that ZOS seems pretty happy to have simple "Below Level 50" PVP, instead of concerning themselves with a campaign/BG for the truly inexperienced. That cam be due to a number of reasons. Perhaps they think that fighting more experienced players is a good thing, or perhaps they think a campaign for truly new players would be severely underused and vulnerable to AP farming.

    No you seem to be missing something fundimental no one in their right God loving mind would ever reroll an account just to twink in lowbies no matter how much of a twink they are. On the other point sure fighting vets is good experience when they play fair that is you can litteraly 2 shot people on some of these builds bruh.

    Does ZOS care?

    Given that they now allow players to buy a number of skill lines for use in low level BGs below the level where you'd nornally acquire them, I'm going to guess they don't care.

    Like I clearly stated above, if they wanted to create a campaign for truly new players, they could.

    A CP 200 cutoff, however, isnt a foolproof method. It'll knock the current crop of vets out, but won't stop a new bunch from leveling up and deleting alts just below the cutoff.

    No one litteraly no one would ever delete an account just to reroll and twink that woulbe be largly impracticle and would cost millions of gold.

    Certainly, no player would ever buy a second account for $10 to play lowbie PVP because they like it and want to continue, leveling up characters and deleting them, while using their main account to twink them out...

    Your suggestion is not foolproof.

    Now, that's might not be a huge issue because it would definitely lower the amount of veterans. However, as I've stated, that assumes that ZOS agrees with you that having twinked out vet players or is a bad thing. I'm not convinced that ZOS thinks it is, since they've ignored the issue of battlescaling since One Tamriel, Battlegrounds has always allowed Vet Players in with the newbies, and recently introduced skill lines that are P2Win at low levels in Battlegrounds.

    Its not a bad solution. Its just not as foolproof as you seem to think, and I'm not sure ZOS cares about solving the problem.
  • Squidgaurd
    Squidgaurd
    ✭✭✭
    Squidgaurd wrote: »
    Squidgaurd wrote: »
    If they wanted to create a campaign for truly experienced players, yes. Though even there, they'd run into the issue of experienced players just deleting characters before they hit 200 CP.

    However, looking at Battlegrounds, we can guess that ZOS seems pretty happy to have simple "Below Level 50" PVP, instead of concerning themselves with a campaign/BG for the truly inexperienced. That cam be due to a number of reasons. Perhaps they think that fighting more experienced players is a good thing, or perhaps they think a campaign for truly new players would be severely underused and vulnerable to AP farming.

    No you seem to be missing something fundimental no one in their right God loving mind would ever reroll an account just to twink in lowbies no matter how much of a twink they are. On the other point sure fighting vets is good experience when they play fair that is you can litteraly 2 shot people on some of these builds bruh.

    Does ZOS care?

    Given that they now allow players to buy a number of skill lines for use in low level BGs below the level where you'd nornally acquire them, I'm going to guess they don't care.

    Like I clearly stated above, if they wanted to create a campaign for truly new players, they could.

    A CP 200 cutoff, however, isnt a foolproof method. It'll knock the current crop of vets out, but won't stop a new bunch from leveling up and deleting alts just below the cutoff.

    No one litteraly no one would ever delete an account just to reroll and twink that woulbe be largly impracticle and would cost millions of gold.

    Certainly, no player would ever buy a second account for $10 to play lowbie PVP because they like it and want to continue, leveling up characters and deleting them, while using their main account to twink them out...

    Your suggestion is not foolproof.

    Now, that's might not be a huge issue because it would definitely lower the amount of veterans. However, as I've stated, that assumes that ZOS agrees with you that having twinked out vet players or is a bad thing. I'm not convinced that ZOS thinks it is, since they've ignored the issue of battlescaling since One Tamriel, Battlegrounds has always allowed Vet Players in with the newbies, and recently introduced skill lines that are P2Win at low levels in Battlegrounds.

    Its not a bad solution. Its just not as foolproof as you seem to think, and I'm not sure ZOS cares about solving the problem.

    Bro a solution doesnt need to be perfect it just needs to be practicle you know whats not practicle? Buying and grinding up a new account just to twink.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's called under 50, not newbie only.

    Personally, I don't think it should exist at all. If it were truly for only newbies, it would be dead. There isn't enough of a newbie population for an entire campaign. However, due to scaling, experienced players can get a massive advantage if they choose to do so, creating an even wider divide than some of the other campaigns. It really is a situation where proper preparation will give you huge advantages. The problem runs deeper than newbie vs vet. It comes down to taking full advantage of scaling and having the means to do so. That would be the problem to be addressed as you see it in under 50 BG as well from time to time.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Squidgaurd wrote: »
    jaws343 wrote: »
    CP does not equal PVP experience. You could have a CP 2000 player who has never stepped foot into PVP. The Under 50 campaign isn't just for "new" players. It is for "new to PVP" players. A place to get your feet wet before being completely dominated in the Vet campaigns. Or, it is for learning a new class against other players with under leveled skill lines. You aren't going to learn anything about a characters performance in PVP at level 20 when everyone else has full gear sets and passive abilities.

    A veteran player no matter how scrubby has no reason to be in lowbies.

    Sure they do. When it’s a new character with access to limited skills and gear sets. Like all other low level characters. You know, exactly what that campaign was made for, low level characters, not just inexperienced players.

    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A better gate would be alliance ranks. Check the account for a specific rank (let's say Lieutenant), if you have anything above that then you're automatically barred from under-50 PvP.
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Squidgaurd wrote: »
    Squidgaurd wrote: »
    If they wanted to create a campaign for truly experienced players, yes. Though even there, they'd run into the issue of experienced players just deleting characters before they hit 200 CP.

    However, looking at Battlegrounds, we can guess that ZOS seems pretty happy to have simple "Below Level 50" PVP, instead of concerning themselves with a campaign/BG for the truly inexperienced. That cam be due to a number of reasons. Perhaps they think that fighting more experienced players is a good thing, or perhaps they think a campaign for truly new players would be severely underused and vulnerable to AP farming.

    No you seem to be missing something fundimental no one in their right God loving mind would ever reroll an account just to twink in lowbies no matter how much of a twink they are. On the other point sure fighting vets is good experience when they play fair that is you can litteraly 2 shot people on some of these builds bruh.

    Does ZOS care?

    Given that they now allow players to buy a number of skill lines for use in low level BGs below the level where you'd nornally acquire them, I'm going to guess they don't care.

    Like I clearly stated above, if they wanted to create a campaign for truly new players, they could.

    A CP 200 cutoff, however, isnt a foolproof method. It'll knock the current crop of vets out, but won't stop a new bunch from leveling up and deleting alts just below the cutoff.

    No one litteraly no one would ever delete an account just to reroll and twink that woulbe be largly impracticle and would cost millions of gold.

    As somebody who has played in non-vet on and off since 2015, I can tell you with complete certainty that some people would just buy new accounts (they wouldn’t delete their old accounts, but they wouldn’t need to anyway).

    Also, there are already people who delete characters once they hit level 50 and reroll a new one.
  • Squidgaurd
    Squidgaurd
    ✭✭✭
    Squidgaurd wrote: »
    Squidgaurd wrote: »
    If they wanted to create a campaign for truly experienced players, yes. Though even there, they'd run into the issue of experienced players just deleting characters before they hit 200 CP.

    However, looking at Battlegrounds, we can guess that ZOS seems pretty happy to have simple "Below Level 50" PVP, instead of concerning themselves with a campaign/BG for the truly inexperienced. That cam be due to a number of reasons. Perhaps they think that fighting more experienced players is a good thing, or perhaps they think a campaign for truly new players would be severely underused and vulnerable to AP farming.

    No you seem to be missing something fundimental no one in their right God loving mind would ever reroll an account just to twink in lowbies no matter how much of a twink they are. On the other point sure fighting vets is good experience when they play fair that is you can litteraly 2 shot people on some of these builds bruh.

    Does ZOS care?

    Given that they now allow players to buy a number of skill lines for use in low level BGs below the level where you'd nornally acquire them, I'm going to guess they don't care.

    Like I clearly stated above, if they wanted to create a campaign for truly new players, they could.

    A CP 200 cutoff, however, isnt a foolproof method. It'll knock the current crop of vets out, but won't stop a new bunch from leveling up and deleting alts just below the cutoff.

    No one litteraly no one would ever delete an account just to reroll and twink that woulbe be largly impracticle and would cost millions of gold.

    As somebody who has played in non-vet on and off since 2015, I can tell you with complete certainty that some people would just buy new accounts (they wouldn’t delete their old accounts, but they wouldn’t need to anyway).

    Also, there are already people who delete characters once they hit level 50 and reroll a new one.

    The keyword here is SOME not all if only a few people are doing it that makes it a big difference.
  • Daedric_NB_187
    Daedric_NB_187
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess you're getting farmed by the big, bad CP200+ huh? Only reason why I could see you making this useless poll.
  • iaminc
    iaminc
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just do what everyone else is doing in PvP , run a jab spamming Templar.
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Squidgaurd wrote: »
    Squidgaurd wrote: »
    Squidgaurd wrote: »
    If they wanted to create a campaign for truly experienced players, yes. Though even there, they'd run into the issue of experienced players just deleting characters before they hit 200 CP.

    However, looking at Battlegrounds, we can guess that ZOS seems pretty happy to have simple "Below Level 50" PVP, instead of concerning themselves with a campaign/BG for the truly inexperienced. That cam be due to a number of reasons. Perhaps they think that fighting more experienced players is a good thing, or perhaps they think a campaign for truly new players would be severely underused and vulnerable to AP farming.

    No you seem to be missing something fundimental no one in their right God loving mind would ever reroll an account just to twink in lowbies no matter how much of a twink they are. On the other point sure fighting vets is good experience when they play fair that is you can litteraly 2 shot people on some of these builds bruh.

    Does ZOS care?

    Given that they now allow players to buy a number of skill lines for use in low level BGs below the level where you'd nornally acquire them, I'm going to guess they don't care.

    Like I clearly stated above, if they wanted to create a campaign for truly new players, they could.

    A CP 200 cutoff, however, isnt a foolproof method. It'll knock the current crop of vets out, but won't stop a new bunch from leveling up and deleting alts just below the cutoff.

    No one litteraly no one would ever delete an account just to reroll and twink that woulbe be largly impracticle and would cost millions of gold.

    As somebody who has played in non-vet on and off since 2015, I can tell you with complete certainty that some people would just buy new accounts (they wouldn’t delete their old accounts, but they wouldn’t need to anyway).

    Also, there are already people who delete characters once they hit level 50 and reroll a new one.

    The keyword here is SOME not all if only a few people are doing it that makes it a big difference.

    But those that are willing to buy new accounts just to stick in non-vet are likely going to be the worst offenders anyway. If we assume that experienced players playing in non-vet is a problem, I don't think an artificial restriction like this is the best solution. I've also heard the idea thrown around of just removing non-vet campaigns entirely, but I'm not sure that inexperienced players fighting experienced players with gold gear in vet PVP is going to be significantly better either. IMO the best solution is to just cap gear quality at green or blue in non-vet. The gap in experience is going to occur no matter how ZOS tries to introduce new players to PVP, but if you can remove the massive gap in gear quality that exists in non-vet, it should be much easier for new players to get acclimated to PVP without needing to worry about people running around with 5k+ weapon/spell damage.
  • Scritchel
    Scritchel
    ✭✭✭
    Should just close those useless lowbie campaignd.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they could redesign below lv 50 campaing into below cp 150 campaign while still keeping it no CP so people that are getting their 1st character to CP 160 wouldnt have a harsh wake up when they switch and they still dont have decent gear to participate in regular PvP campaigns.
  • msalvia
    msalvia
    ✭✭✭✭
    But if we do this, how will all the trash pvpers feel good about themselves? I mean, if you're spending time crushing noobs in under 50, it's because you can't compete with vets in the real campaigns. And there's no event right now they can use to crush pvers looking for tickets. What are all the trash pvpers supposed to do with their time and self-esteem if they can't beat down under 50 noobs?
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. It's a good place for players new to PvP or new to a class (or to PvPing on a class) to learn. And including more experienced players means that there are folks to learn from. You might as well exclude players with experienced friends or who join helpful guilds for fear they'll have access to better gear than players without such support.
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PC NA under 50 has no pop. It's a pvdoor emp server.
    Who are you learning from in there if all you do is pvdoor?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First off the lowbie campaign is no CP to begin with so OP is merely suggesting that only complete noobs or people who create an account just for lowbie PvP will be able to be in there.

    Considering the low pop of those campaigns to begin with this appears to be a very bad idea as it would seem pretty pointless to have a no pop campaign. Further, these totally new players will think they are good players and just get pawned hard once they hit the regular campaigns. It would be a slaughter fest once they experience players who have even the slightest idea of what to do.

    I just do not see any good point to the idea.
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the first wrong assumption is that <50 = made for new players. It is not. It is made for new characters. There is a difference.
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma

    PVE Main:
    Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 1724 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter and part time ganker

    PVP Mains:

    Angus of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Sorcerer NA PC Icereach
    Earl of Tacoma - EP Lvl 42 Templar NA PC Icereach
    Count of Tacoma - EP Lvl 39 Necromancer NA PC Icereach
    Despot of Tacoma - EP Lvl 35 Dragon Knight NA PC Icereach

    The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows. RIP.
    Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war. RIP.
    Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu. RIP
    Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption. RIP
    Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018. RIP
    Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma. RIP
    Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon. RIP
    Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021. RIP
    Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm. RIP
    Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • Àdhamh_Creag
    Àdhamh_Creag
    ✭✭
    pre 50 cyro and bg's shouldn't exist to begin with
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why? Its under 50, no cp enabled. So, your Character is def never over 200 CP, its bonkers. With the permanent Bug and Lagfest, truly experienced Players just arent there, this Company knows how to make each of us a Newbie
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

    Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd say cp500 as a limit.
    Because it is really fast to get cp200 with all the bonuses (eso+,xp scrolls, drink, event bonus, training stuff, daily buff, etc.), I mean, a new lvl50 can reach cp200 in 10days... So limiting it to cp200 is like to limit it to cp 10. When you need many months to get cp500...

    but tbh this campaign should be closed, and new players have better choice going to nocp vet actually, more activity and less mafia.
    Edited by Xarc on October 11, 2019 10:23AM
    Xarc
    FR-EU-PC
    since april 2014
    -
    my ESO Art Gallery
    -
    NB is solo
    DK is immortal
    Templar is jab
    Warden is frost
    Sorc is sorc
    Necro is a way of life
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who cares. There are no new PvP players to beat up anyway. No one comes to this game for the PvP anymore because it's so laggy.

    So the real question is why do rerollers reroll to fight rerollers
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m pretty sure that in that canpaign cp is disabled so why does it matter?
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No. Not everyone PvPs from the beginning. I always want to make sure I have some idea of how to play and what’s going on before I do group content of any sort — I didn’t even do any dungeons before my first character was level 50. I want to eventually try PvP, BGs at least, and don’t want to lose the option to not be thrown in with the elites or I wouldn’t want to try it at all.

    I’m currently CP ~270 but haven’t tried PvP yet because there’s so much to do in this game and other aspects generally appeal to me more. But eventually I intend to suit up a lowbie in impenetrable armor and try it out... :sweat_smile:
Sign In or Register to comment.